IGNORED

Mcinnes

Rednready

After B'rum the next 5 matches under Mcinnes brought us 13 points from 15, scoring 9 goals

The last 5 matches under McInnes has brought us 2 points from 15, scoring 3 goals.

We are not scoring goals, therefore not winning games. That comes down to management, team selections or tactics. If Millen had similar results for these recent results this forum would be after blood.

Last season Millen twice had runs of 4 wins in 5 games. The season before when Millen took over from GJ, he finished the season with 18 points from the last 9 matches.

The current lack of goals has now become a desperate situation, now just 1 goal in our last 4 matches, and that's with the supposed high priced Maynard and cameo's from the equally wonderful Pitman.

Is it formation, tactics, selections or a combination of all 3. All this with supposedly our best squad for years. I don't disagree with this, as I feel we have a good basic 15 players who could form the basis of a 23 man squad. We simply must bring in Quality, quality and quality......... they are related and they are needed.

McInnes is already treading water and needs some results. We are just out of the bottom 3 on goal average. Reality is that's where we are and that's where we deserve to be.

After B'rum the next 5 matches under Mcinnes brought us 13 points from 15, scoring 9 goals

The last 5 matches under McInnes has brought us 2 points from 15, scoring 3 goals.

We are not scoring goals, therefore not winning games. That comes down to management, team selections or tactics. If Millen had similar results for these recent results this forum would be after blood.

Last season Millen twice had runs of 4 wins in 5 games. The season before when Millen took over from GJ, he finished the season with 18 points from the last 9 matches.

The current lack of goals has now become a desperate situation, now just 1 goal in our last 4 matches, and that's with the supposed high priced Maynard and cameo's from the equally wonderful Pitman.

Is it formation, tactics, selections or a combination of all 3. All this with supposedly our best squad for years. I don't disagree with this, as I feel we have a good basic 15 players who could form the basis of a 23 man squad. We simply must bring in Quality, quality and quality......... they are related and they are needed. McInnes is already treading water and needs some results. We are just out of the bottom 3 on goal average. Reality is that's where we are and that's where we deserve to be.

It comes down to players that are not consistently good enough. Too many are automatic starters and therefore in the comfort zone. When McInnes first arrived we saw a significant improvement in performances largely because of the 'new manager' phenomenon. Players wanting to to impress and all that. The honeymoon is now over and City have slipped back into how it was before.

Millen was hounded by fans because of the performances and results but now many can see what I said all along - City have lack of quality in the squad. Our only hope is that McInnes can strengthen adequately during the window.

So it isnt anything to do at all with the uninterested players? Let's let McInnes get his own players in so he can play the formation HE wants to play then judge him.

Exactly - the difference being that they were Millens players, he had a year to put his squad together. McInnes has been left with Millens crap and until January and then the summer, cannot do alot about it.

How this FACT escapes people is unbelievable.

It comes down to players that are not consistently good enough. Too many are automatic starters and therefore in the comfort zone. When McInnes first arrived we saw a significant improvement in performances largely because of the 'new manager' phenomenon. Players wanting to to impress and all that. The honeymoon is now over and City have slipped back into how it was before.

Millen was hounded by fans because of the performances and results but now many can see what I said all along - City have lack of quality in the squad. Our only hope is that McInnes can strengthen adequately during the window.

We have agreed on the inconsistency factor for some seasons. Hot one week, cold the next. Until the squad is turned around and the deadwood cleared out, it will be hard for any manager to produce a run of positive results.

McInnes activities in January may be enough to save us, that will indeed be a reflection of his managerial qualities.

I posted a quote from a retired book maker after our pre season. He said back then, " your lot could go down this season, they don't have enough goals in them".

That sort of observation is why he was a successful book maker.

We are not scoring goals, therefore not winning games. That comes down to management, team selections or tactics. If Millen had similar results for these recent results this forum would be after blood

we would be after blood and rightly so. Millen had a January transfer window and a summer transfer window to attempt to rectify our problems - he never did. I don't even think he knew what our problems were... And they got worse.

Mcinnes hasn't even had a transfer window yet - but he has shown he can organise a team - even with a poor squad that Millen left him.

I've seen more progress in this team, than I ever did under millen

So true. Certain players will indeed be picked regardless of performance so why bother to do more than the minimum? This has been a pretty cozy club for a long time with ordinary players who think they are better than they are. Johnson shook up the complacency for a while but the players soon reverted to type. They can make a lucrative living from mediocrity and failure so where is the incentive to achieve? Much better than playing somewhere where club and fans alike do not meekly accept any old crap. Nice work if you can get it.

I stopped buying a season ticket for health reasons but I am not prepared to fund the footballers' lifestyle any more anyway. A Government with no mandate has decreed my taxes should fund bonuses for corrupt and incompetent bankers. At least with football I have a choice.

I'm one of the most negative people towards McInnes on the forum, but he is totally hamstrung by the players he has at the minute. You can't work miracles with the same players. We had to make the change because Millen wasn't even playing the players he had bought, so if the players weren't good enough and the guy signing players can't get that done either, there's nowhere to go. McInnes is totally untested at this level and in this situation. And it's a complete guess whether he can get it done in January at this point. He wants a "presence" and tried to sign a central defender. That's all that's relatively public knowledge. Stephen Pearson's going to be an interesting situation, he's maybe better than what we have, but he's not very good either. Wonder what will happen with him.

Johnson, Coppell and Millen have left us with a squad full to the brim of not championship standard players who are getting paid too much and that no-one wants at that sort of price. I don't think it's fair to judge McInnes on that, but he's not done anything special either yet. Key word, yet. January is vital.

We could very well go down even if McInnes does a good job, it's that bad a situation. And we'd need a couple of years after that to get rid of these championship level earners.

I agree Del is very much under intense scrutiny.

Let's be honest what has he done with a squad of players that has enough quality to stay in the division.

Remember Southampton they were played of the park by a very up beat city side that played some cracking football.

The fact is the side is playing very much like the Millen side.

Plenty of sideways football,backwards football.No penatration.

He has it all to do, judgement is still out in my mind regards if the step up from Scottish football to championship football is conquered.

Can't believe some people are still blaming GJ for this squad he's been gone 2 years and were now on our third manager, if anyone is too blame its copout and millen.

Of course he has a part in this, a few of the players here currently signed contracts under him and that's hurting us now.

Anybody thinking a couple signings in January and we will be flying up the league should maybe re-adjust there expectations to avoid disappointment. I think a couple decent players can see us stay up but for me, I wont be expecting much until next season, regardless of the division, when he has had a chance to get rid and replace the utter shite that is currently costing this club a fortune.

What tosh that is two years since, the other managers could of got rid of these players so to say GJ is too blame is ridiculous.

You surely understand that you can't just wave a magic wand and get rid of players anymore? We have players in the squad who barely play. Lee Johnson, David Clarkson and Jamal Campbell-Ryce are still here, not wanted and proving impossible to shift and they signed under GJ.

You are always going to have players in a squad that won't play. Trouble is at AG its if your face fits.

Mcinness said everyone gets a fresh slate that's crap because apart from cisse no one else has been. Maynard continues to stay up front even though he wants out. We got a midfielder playing right back when we have an ex Premier League player in the stands.

That says it all.

You are always going to have players in a squad that won't play. Trouble is at AG its if your face fits.

Mcinness said everyone gets a fresh slate that's crap because apart from cisse no one else has been. Maynard continues to stay up front even though he wants out. We got a midfielder playing right back when we have an ex Premier League player in the stands.

That says it all.

Woolford? Bolasie? Were they not given a chance too?

That says it all.

Skuse is a better RB than he is a midfielder to be fair. But the problems don't lie in defence. The problem is we can't score goals.

We have agreed on the inconsistency factor for some seasons. Hot one week, cold the next. Until the squad is turned around and the deadwood cleared out, it will be hard for any manager to produce a run of positive results.

McInnes activities in January may be enough to save us, that will indeed be a reflection of his managerial qualities.

I posted a quote from a retired book maker after our pre season. He said back then, " your lot could go down this season, they don't have enough goals in them".

That sort of observation is why he was a successful book maker.

I can remember contributing to a thread earlier in the season on the number of goals in this team. Basically there aren't enough and, at present, our only lifeline is that there are three teams below us even worse than ourselves. 9 goals in 11 home games tells its own tale.

Looking at yesterday's starting eleven and going back through their goal scoring exploits for their best ever season at this level, or approximating to this level, we have:

James--------0

Nyatanga----1-(in 18/2)

Wilson--------0

McGivern----0

Skuse---------2-(in 29/2)

Adomah-----5-(in45/1)

Elliot----------8-(in46)

Kilkenny-----4-(in29/3)

Cisse---------5-(in24/13)

Pearson-----1-(in21/9)

Maynard----20-(in40-2)

Even if this eleven were all at the top of their games and firing on all cylinders their goals per game ratio suggests they are going to struggle to score more than one a game. At present with 21 from 23 we're not even managing that.

Is it formation, tactics, selections or a combination of all 3. All this with supposedly our best squad for years. I don't disagree with this, as I feel we have a good basic 15 players who could form the basis of a 23 man squad. We simply must bring in Quality, quality and quality......... they are related and they are needed.

McInnes is already treading water and needs some results. We are just out of the bottom 3 on goal average. Reality is that's where we are and that's where we deserve to be.

Yes i really believe he can, he is currently stuck with the rubbish that clueless Millen bought.....We will get a better idea of the style of play and formations he likes if he gets some money in january and spends it where he sees is appropriate. I am not worried yet, i think we will beat Millwall and hopefully go on another run with some new players in tow...........

Yes i really believe he can, he is currently stuck with the rubbish that clueless Millen bought.....We will get a better idea of the style of play and formations he likes if he gets some money in january and spends it where he sees is appropriate. I am not worried yet, i think we will beat Millwall and hopefully go on another run with some new players in tow...........

Care to name them?

So interesting watching from a distance... Being exiled in Scotland I can only watch highlights, read reports and listen to family who still attend the Gate after many many years....

I can't believe that some fans are already beginning to question whether the new manager has what it takes to move the club forward.....

Yes ok we have slipped in recent weeks and maybe the game yesterday should have been approached in a different set up....

But we have half a season to go and I believe now that DM has seen what his squad is all about.. The honeymoon is over and many players that originally set out to impress are being found out..

Was it Millen...? Was it Johnson...?

At the first whistle it's the players who give their all for management and club..

At Saints DM took players he felt would give their all for club and I think that's where I reckon the transfer window will freshen up the squad and give belief to the rest that will see he team climb the table...

Maynards situation is not helping, and with many players likely to leave at the end of the season, it will be a club transformed come 2012/13 season... Let's hope it's still in the championship, but if it's not then we MUST stick with DM who I believe will turn the club around...

The future is bright...

The future is with DM

if anyone can keep us up it will be del boy have total confidence in him as a manager but if its a too big a problem this seasom then in no way at all is he getting the blame if we can hold what we got championship footie but it is getting more like a prem div 2 with all the money swishing around hasn't worked so far for leicester who were after straight promotion think you have to build up like jonhson did for its a long term project not a short term fix

Let's start with Kilkenny.

I'll name stead, good player on form, and gives 100% but like through his whole career, he's a sicknote, complete waste of a wage.

Bolasie, not proved anything, looks a headless chicken, taken up space and wage for other positions we need to fill.

Taylor, rarely on the bench, injured, never set the football world alight even at a low level, performed adequately for Rotherham for about 3 months, apart from that not produced much. Another player signing not needed taking up a wage and a squad space that could have gone to a player in a position we need.

Pitman. Now I like pitman, and would never call him useless, but 800k for a player Millen chose to bench more often than not and as follows cannot get a game due to the mistakes above taking spaces in the squad, which could have gone to players to balance the squad up.

That is for starters

So interesting watching from a distance... Being exiled in Scotland I can only watch highlights, read reports and listen to family who still attend the Gate after many many years....

I can't believe that some fans are already beginning to question whether the new manager has what it takes to move the club forward.....

Yes ok we have slipped in recent weeks and maybe the game yesterday should have been approached in a different set up....

But we have half a season to go and I believe now that DM has seen what his squad is all about.. The honeymoon is over and many players that originally set out to impress are being found out..

Was it Millen...? Was it Johnson...?

At the first whistle it's the players who give their all for management and club..

At Saints DM took players he felt would give their all for club and I think that's where I reckon the transfer window will freshen up the squad and give belief to the rest that will see he team climb the table...

Maynards situation is not helping, and with many players likely to leave at the end of the season, it will be a club transformed come 2012/13 season... Let's hope it's still in the championship, but if it's not then we MUST stick with DM who I believe will turn the club around...

The future is bright...

The future is with DM

Del cannot be judged until next season, and even that maybe too soon. With 15 players out of contract we could have a completely different squad, which in turn will take time to gel.

I think we will have more hard times to come, until del can stamp his personality and introduce his chosen players to the squad.

Lots of doom and gloom to come, hopefully with some light on the distant horizon.

I think a coach who knows his shooting practice is probably more of an asset. Even Albert couldn't score a 1 on 1 yesterday and it could have been a speedy tap in from just a few yards out.

....am I the only one who thinks Alberts shooting and final ball is poor??

The lads has bags of skill and pace, and is a great player for the future....but finished article he aint. His crossing is poor and he scuffs a lot of his shots

Exactly - the difference being that they were Millens players, he had a year to put his squad together. McInnes has been left with Millens crap and until January and then the summer, cannot do alot about it.

How this FACT escapes people is unbelievable.

Atlast sum one who actually knows whats going on!!

Millen was left with copp-outs crap so we give him over a year and a transfer window to put it right he didnt and looked lost as to what to do next?!

Now derek has been left with millens crap so if he can get 1/2/3 palyers in of his own in jan and keep us up thats what im looking for this season, then in the tranfer market in august he will get rid of shite and bring in his team of players that he wants and next season go forwards!!

CTID!!

Archived