IGNORED

Sorry Del Many Don't Agree

Red Robin

Just read Dels comments backing Maynard.

Many of us wish Maynard all the best for the future,and fair play if he thinks he can hack it in the Premier League.

But us fans the ones that pay our money,travel all over the country,and watch him play don't think he should be playing now the cards are on the table.

Maynard will not be giving his all,Maynard does not want to get injured hoping for his move.

We looked as if we could have played all weekend at Coventry wthout scoring,There was no penatration,just sideways and backwards movement.

A huge amount of us at Coventry, wanted Pitman and Stead on long before the final ten minutes, We could see from the stand that it was not happening.

Still you are the gaffer and you have the final say,but many of us want players playing for Bristol City FC that want to be here,clearly Maynard does not.This surely will affect other players attitudes when you stick with him weather he plays well or not.

Your 4-5-1 has struggled for many games now,it might just be time to give two players a go that have been waiting patiently in the wings wondering what they have to do to get a game.

Maynard should not be dropped. Why drop a striker who will be playin PL football in a month? Make no sense, he is under contract to the mutual benefit of club and player.

tbh Boo hoo to you if you don't like it, Del has a professional obligation to play his strongest 11 regardless of contract length and I think its a bit pathetic of fans to boo players who's contract is expiring, typical meat head football fan mentality imo, grow up.

I can only assume the grovelling continues because the club hope no Prem club will want him and he will change his mind and sign. Given his current form there are strong grounds for dropping him even if he had not said he wanted out but it seems he is calling the shots still. I find it disappointingly weak of the club and it must surely cause resentment among other players.:disapointed2se:

Maynard should not be dropped. Why drop a striker who will be playin PL football in a month? Make no sense, he is under contract to the mutual benefit of club and player.

tbh Boo hoo to you if you don't like it, Del has a professional obligation to play his strongest 11 regardless of contract length and I think its a bit pathetic of fans to boo players who's contract is expiring, typical meat head football fan mentality imo, grow up.

Spot on Teddy!

With no goals in 5 games at what point should he be dropped on form alone? Or is he one of those who should be guaranteed a place regardless as is the Bristol City tradition? :innocent06:

Wrong. You drop an out of form striker regardless of any other external factors.

On your theory clubs would be picking players on media speculation alone.

Nonsense.

Your 4-5-1 has struggled for many games now,it might just be time to give two players a go that have been waiting patiently in the wings wondering what they have to do to get a game.

What is it you don't understand about our vulnerability when we play with 2 up? Surely it's been proven over again by now. When DM says he selects the formation to best suit the players at his disposal, do you put your fingers in your ears and go "la-la-la"?

Wrong. You drop an out of form striker regardless of any other external factors.

On your theory clubs would be picking players on media speculation alone.

Nonsense.

Exactly so not nonsense, I don't get why people want him dropped because he intends to run his contact down and leave.

I don't understand the' that'll teach em!' mentality when it comes to players and dropping them. That kinda gratification usually comes at a high cost.

And no not on my theory, DM should pick the best players available regardless of contact status as I said, same goes for loan players. The moment a gaffer starts making an example of player for not financially benefiting the club is the moment he and the chairman have failed and the PFA get called in.

If he's out of form and there is a better option then fine, but we are not talking about that. OP wants him dropped because he has not pledged his life to the club, its not just Maynard who is suffering bad form, its the whole team, but I guess Maynard is an easy target eh?

With no goals in 5 games at what point should he be dropped on form alone? Or is he one of those who should be guaranteed a place regardless as is the Bristol City tradition? :innocent06:

I guess you need to ask DM that, I don't think the issue is Maynard alone, as i said, he's an easy target right now and I think it would be foolish to drop a player of his quality while he is fit and will be wanting to prove himself, more than ever right now.

Can't disagree he's having a dry spell, but what strikers don't? he has set the bar high for himself and is expected to score wonder-goals every match, give the guy a break, give him some support instead of boo's, booing players is sooo toe curling my soles are bleeding.

I guess you need to ask DM that, I don't think the issue is Maynard alone, as i said, he's an easy target right now and I think it would be foolish to drop a player of his quality while he is fit and will be wanting to prove himself, more than ever right now.

Can't disagree he's having a dry spell, but what strikers don't? he has set the bar high for himself and is expected to score wonder-goals every match, give the guy a break, give him some support instead of boo's, booing players is sooo toe curling my soles are bleeding.

Would the same leeway be given to Pitman or any other striker though? I dislike any player being untouchable however good he might be. If a player is not delivering somebody else should get a chance yet it seems he is guaranteed a place. And he had a habit of making his own goals before his injury in a side I would argue was worse on paper than this one. So how many games should he get or should he play forever? More odd since Del and Colin have both said Pitman is Maynard's replacement. If Maynard is as good as gone why not replace him now?

On the wider question Del is certainly unusual in preferring to pick a player who does not want to be here. I do wonder what effect that has on other players.

None of which justifies booing which gives nobody the moral high ground. Not that it will bother him I'm sure if his mind is elsewhere anyway.

The leeway should take into account the quality of the performances the team are putting out. It's no surprise that with slow build up and poor penetration City and Maynard are floundering. The problem is not with 4-5-1, it worked very well earlier in the season when Del arrived. The problem is the manner it's being played, leaving Maynard isolated, and while its doing its defensive duty ok, we need more pace in our attack and more incisive passing & movement in the final third.

I don't happen to agree with Maynard's current selection purely on the basis of form, not his refusal to sign a contract, but the simple fact is that our manager (who sees him in training every day) thinks he's the best bet in his preferred 4-5-1 formation and so I think is going to keep selecting him until he goes.

The flipside of his 5 games without a goal and 10 game run earlier in the season without one is that we've won 3 away games, (Leicester, Millwall and Barnsley) and NM has scored 5 times in those 3 games.

I don't happen to agree with Maynard's current selection purely on the basis of form, not his refusal to sign a contract, but the simple fact is that our manager (who sees him in training every day) thinks he's the best bet in his preferred 4-5-1 formation and so I think is going to keep selecting him until he goes.

The flipside of his 5 games without a goal and 10 game run earlier in the season without one is that we've won 3 away games, (Leicester, Millwall and Barnsley) and NM has scored 5 times in those 3 games.

2 points how much longer do we persevere with him misfiring and secondly and more importantly is he going to move or not in the window because I suspect us receiving a fee will determine the quality of players to be brought in, I just hope he goes sooner rather than later, the speculation cannot be good for anyone.

Would the same leeway be given to Pitman or any other striker though? I dislike any player being untouchable however good he might be. If a player is not delivering somebody else should get a chance yet it seems he is guaranteed a place. And he had a habit of making his own goals before his injury in a side I would argue was worse on paper than this one. So how many games should he get or should he play forever? More odd since Del and Colin have both said Pitman is Maynard's replacement. If Maynard is as good as gone why not replace him now?

On the wider question Del is certainly unusual in preferring to pick a player who does not want to be here. I do wonder what effect that has on other players.

None of which justifies booing which gives nobody the moral high ground. Not that it will bother him I'm sure if his mind is elsewhere anyway.

It's hard to really make informed decisions especially for a new manager, dammed if you do dammed if you don't. A lot of our fans probaly know the players better than he does right now, but thats not his fault. Only get 1 shot at a first 11 for a game.

I'll just take it how it is, whoever puts on the shirt has the chance to shine and I hope they do, if thats Maynard or Pitman I don't care, they are both capable. Pitman knows he will get his chance.

It's hard to really make informed decisions especially for a new manager, dammed if you do dammed if you don't. A lot of our fans probaly know the players better than he does right now, but thats not his fault. Only get 1 shot at a first 11 for a game.

I'll just take it how it is, whoever puts on the shirt has the chance to shine and I hope they do, if thats Maynard or Pitman I don't care, they are both capable. Pitman knows he will get his chance.

Teddy, I like your normal barking mad comments to be honest, but I have to take issue with your last point, Pitman knows he isn't getting a chance, no matter how bad Maynard plays he never gets dropped. Now I have seen enough normal posts from you, please get yourself over to the non football forum and post some more mad rants.

He MAY be in a Premier League squad very soon but he'll never play regular Premier League football. You'll see.

As much as it pains me we should play the little shit and hope he bangs in the goals thus he'll move on quicker and we'll get more money for him.

If people want to hate do it after the match not during.

The leeway should take into account the quality of the performances the team are putting out. It's no surprise that with slow build up and poor penetration City and Maynard are floundering. The problem is not with 4-5-1, it worked very well earlier in the season when Del arrived. The problem is the manner it's being played, leaving Maynard isolated, and while its doing its defensive duty ok, we need more pace in our attack and more incisive passing & movement in the final third.

It did indeed work well at first which begs the question why has the manner it is being played changed? Has Del instructed them to be more defensive or are the players disobeying orders? The latter would be very worrying as it implies a loss of respect for the manager. Though I am inclined to think they got typically cocky and have returned to their default setting. A rut this lot find difficult to get out of it seems. New signings, and quick, are the only answer I think.

McInnes hasn't been watching as long as us - hence he probably isn't quite as frustrated. He wasn't around when Maynard went 10 games without a goal and still got selected as first choice striker.

The frustration for me is not that he is leaving and still getting selected, it's that he is under performing, not scoring and basically contributing nothing - yet he still gets the nod. I don't buy this crap about his mobility and pace, I paid particular attention to this the last few games and especially at Coventry, he is not that quick and his closing down is often half arsed. He has managed 4 goals in his last 19 games and has actually only managed to score in 5 of the 23 games he has participated in this season.

It's simple - his performances don't warrant a starting place right now and somebody else deserves a crack - regardless of the ongoing contract saga.

If I was Brett Pitman, I would be knocking on the managers door and saying - look, give me a chance, I want to play or find me football elsewhere. Fortunately it appears as though Pitman has more patience than me but he is going to get disillusioned with it sooner or later.

So, 4 goals in 19 games and he is still getting picked - that's why people are frustrated Del, it's not simply about the contract.

McInnes hasn't been watching as long as us - hence he probably isn't quite as frustrated. He wasn't around when Maynard went 10 games without a goal and still got selected as first choice striker.

The frustration for me is not that he is leaving and still getting selected, it's that he is under performing, not scoring and basically contributing nothing - yet he still gets the nod. I don't buy this crap about his mobility and pace, I paid particular attention to this the last few games and especially at Coventry, he is not that quick and his closing down is often half arsed. He has managed 4 goals in his last 19 games and has actually only managed to score in 5 of the 23 games he has participated in this season.

It's simple - his performances don't warrant a starting place right now and somebody else deserves a crack - regardless of the ongoing contract saga.

If I was Brett Pitman, I would be knocking on the managers door and saying - look, give me a chance, I want to play or find me football elsewhere. Fortunately it appears as though Pitman has more patience than me but he is going to get disillusioned with it sooner or later.

So, 4 goals in 19 games and he is still getting picked - that's why people are frustrated Del, it's not simply about the contract.

Kibs it seems he is untouchable.

Very concerning seeing as he wants away,I thought our new manager would be looking to players within,not players that won't away.

Very concerning in my opinion regards Dels outlook on this.

I imagine pitman is fuming.

Just for the sake of completism, every game that Pitman has started this season, we have lost

1-0 vs Swindon (one of the worse performances of the season)

2-3 vs Reading

5-0 vs Blackpool ( Thee worst performance of the season)

1-2 vs Peterborough

In those games he scored once, the team scored 4 conceded 11.

Pitman hasnt scored since the 5th of November and when he has been on the pitch hasnt been having many shots

Maynard last scored on the 26th November and has at least double the amount of shots Pitman has.

People will say minutes on the pitch, but if Pitman is this natural goalscorer, then why isnt he scoring or having the shots as well, especially against tiring legs?

Could it be that BOTH strikers are in reality are getting faff all service? No?

Okay, back to bashing Maynard thenfastasleep.gif

Just in case it escaped you, Maynard also started all 3 of the league defeats you mentioned above so whats your point?

And of course minutes on the pitch matter. Pitman maybe a natural goalscorer, but surely you understand that the more minutes you spend on the pitch, the more shots you are likely to have, don't you?

I do agree with the last part, the service is quite obviously poor.

As I have said many times before, I rate Maynard but he is not scoring, surely there comes a point when somebody else deserves a chance?

Now wipe the brown stuff from your nose, you crowd following, non opinionated creature.

Pitman has not had the same game time as Maynard,Secondly the one up front is not causing the opposition enough problems.

For 4-5-1 to work you need both wide players on their game,you need a midfield that is dominating the game.

At present Adomah is of his game,Pearson blows hot and cold lately,the midfield is not affecting the game enough.this is causing a lack of forward penatration.

At least with two guys up front,you are giving the opposition something to be concerned with.At present it is all to easy hence the goals are not flowing playing 4-5-1.

Archived