IGNORED

Woolford's Exclusion From Squad

Night84

Does anyone know why Woolford dropped out of the squad completely for the Coventry? He'd been looking fairly decent recently and popped up with a goal, looked like he was gonna be part of Del's plans.

On twitter he said he wasn't injured and today he said he had been training with the kids.

A possible fall out with Del?

www.twitter.com/martynwoolford

Seems odd that he didn't make the 16 at Coventry though, especially as he's the only City player to score in the last four games and also because JCR, who has seemed completely out of favour did so instead.

If Pearson's deal is extended until the end of the season (as reports from Derby today would suggest), I can't see him featuring regularly from now on.

Does anyone know why Woolford dropped out of the squad completely for the Coventry? He'd been looking fairly decent recently and popped up with a goal, looked like he was gonna be part of Del's plans.

On twitter he said he wasn't injured and today he said he had been training with the kids.

I'm guessing because he was given a chance.....and looked shocking. Sorry, I gave this lad the benefit of the doubt at the start of the season....but he lacks so much. Pace and strength being two of those things.

At times he has looked like the kid in the school playground who no one wants on their team. Runs and bounces about a lot, but just looks sh@t

TRL - what Andy082005 said!! Ofcourse im jealous!!! Evryone in their right mind would want to be a pro footballer. Unfortunately though there are plenty earning a decent wage for not coming close to their pro status i.e woolford. No pace, strength, heading ability, creativity or even strength in a tackle!! He does, unfortunately like his haircut gives the impression, play like a girl ( not meant to be unkind to any ladies reading this!).

I'm afraid Wooly is one a few players now that has been given a fair chance and He cant cut it. Yes I no he scored against Derby, but in my opinion He is playing a league above himself! He puts in the work but will always fall short at this standard. Does anyone know how much Keith signed Him for exactly?

TRL - what Andy082005 said!! Ofcourse im jealous!!! Evryone in their right mind would want to be a pro footballer. Unfortunately though there are plenty earning a decent wage for not coming close to their pro status i.e woolford. No pace, strength, heading ability, creativity or even strength in a tackle!! He does, unfortunately like his haircut gives the impression, play like a girl ( not meant to be unkind to any ladies reading this!).

Does he even have a strength?? No physical presence, no pace, not exactly the sort of player that can ping a cross in or cross field pass, can't beat a man, has no skill, can't tackle!!

Great hair though.

Does he even have a strength?? No physical presence, no pace, not exactly the sort of player that can ping a cross in or cross field pass, can't beat a man, has no skill, can't tackle!!

Great hair though.

Well he must have something as he did well at scunny... What I don't know. Maybe wrong player wrong club.

When he first joined his balls into the box were quite good, maybe our coaches coached it out of him?!

I'm afraid Wooly is one a few players now that has been given a fair chance and He cant cut it. Yes I no he scored against Derby, but in my opinion He is playing a league above himself! He puts in the work but will always fall short at this standard. Does anyone know how much Keith signed Him for exactly?

Very well said. McInnes is being fair instead of just never playing Wooly from the offset, he is giving him game after game after game. McInnes can see he is not good enough so sorry mate you have had more than a good go and have not proved you're the exciting winger who will be City's left winger.

I think all the players are going to have to prove they are promotion winning real quality to be in the team.

Did very well for Scunny when they were in the Championship and scored 12 goals for them from the wing...........but according to you he can't cut it.

He may well have been omitted from the squad because the manager felt he needed the break or maybe the team was setting up in a specific way that meant there wasn't room for two left sided players and Pearson got the nod.

I wouldn't read too much into the fact he didn't make the squad.

Did very well for Scunny when they were in the Championship and scored 12 goals for them from the wing...........but according to you he can't cut it.

He may well have been omitted from the squad because the manager felt he needed the break or maybe the team was setting up in a specific way that meant there wasn't room for two left sided players and Pearson got the nod.

Gary Johnson had one amazing season in the Championship....but he just couldn't cut it!

Seriously though, like you said....it's one season. Plenty of players have one strong season then just fall away, Woolford is one of them.

Not good enough

I'm not reading into him not making the squad, I am giving my opinion that He is just not up to it from what I have seen. He has been with us now for the best part of a year and one goal from a winger in that time is not really very reassuring. I haven't seen him have a good game either, and by this I dont mean running around looking busy and working hard, I mean in terms of his all round contribution and quality in a game.

Can You tell me what else He has done in His career apart from this one average season at S****horpe!? I just feel we have given too many average players like Wooly a chance for too long over the years. Another reason for our current situation!

Also are You suggesting He scored 12 goals in one season for them!? as He has never scored more than 8 goals in a season when He was at Scunny.

He'd scored 8 goals in 27 appearances last season for S****horpe before joining City at the end of January.

Since then just the1 goal in 32 appearances (start &sub.) for City, and although he shouldn't be judged on goals scored, he's never really looked confident or settled.

It's been disappointing but for him to succeed at City he needs to show a real determination to make his mark which hasn't been fully evident up til now.

I've said from the start I thought he would be a real asset to City, and his previous ability to score from midfield in this division seemed exactly what we needed, but if the manager prefers to play the rather uninspiring and nondescript Pearson instead then it looks like Woolford has singularly failed to impress the man who counts.He came with the reputation as a goal provider and in a team currently as bereft of creativity as ours is he should be playing regularly now if he is ever going to.

There's still time for Woolford, but has he got the inner resolve to force his way back into the team and then deservedly retain his position by displaying the sort of form that led to his signing?

Unfortunately it's looking more and more doubtful, but let's just hope next time he gets a chance he somehow clicks into top gear and his City career takes off from there.

We have a large squad . JCR is an important member of that squad and arguably did not deserve to lose his place . I dont think too much should be read into the dropping of any player at the moment. Its still early days for the manager after all.

We have a large squad . JCR is an important member of that squad and arguably did not deserve to lose his place . I dont think too much should be read into the dropping of any player at the moment. Its still early days for the manager after all.

JCR an important member? Surely You are joking? He is worse than Woolford! Has only started one game since Del took over, then was bombed out along with Stewart as Del quickly realised neither were good enough! JCR fully deserved to lose His place, I cant think of a reason why He didn't!?

After the Birmingham game He has struggled to even make the bench, and up until Coventry had only been making the bench when the likes of Pearson or Marv have'n t been available! Wouldn't say thats the sign of an important member of the squad......

JCR an important member? Surely You are joking? He is worse than Woolford! Has only started one game since Del took over, then was bombed out along with Stewart as Del quickly realised neither were good enough! JCR fully deserved to lose His place, I cant think of a reason why He didn't!?

After the Birmingham game He has struggled to even make the bench, and up until Coventry had only been making the bench when the likes of Pearson or Marv have'n t been available! Wouldn't say thats the sign of an important member of the squad......

truth is that JCR has not been favoured by delboy as yet ...However before the new regime he was bar albert our best performing player.

Opinion of course , but i was not joking and find his talent and commitment unquestionable.

truth is that JCR has not been favoured by delboy as yet ...However before the new regime he was bar albert our best performing player.

Opinion of course , but i was not joking and find his talent and commitment unquestionable.

Fair enough mate entitled to your opinion! Before the new regime I had him down though as one of the many players that let Millen down a bit, as He gave JCR plenty of chances! For me JCR would be one of, if not the first out the door and off the wage bill! But as You say, it's all about opinions!

Archived