IGNORED

Southampton Predictions

bcfcbs20

How's everyone feeling this is going to be a tough game I would happily take a point so im going for a action packed 2-2 draw.:pray::city:

3-1 Adomah scoring the only goal. As well as we played to beat Soton early at home this is on there patch where they have built a fortress but hopefully I'm wrong.

Southampton 1

City 3 (Maynard 3)

Not likely, but it would shut up the noisy minority.

Minority? I don't think so mate .

Everyone I've spoken to over Christmas at gatherings and parties think he's a prize cock. Not met one person in the flesh that has supported Maynards stance.

Only in the wacky World of OTIB do people openly encourage players to screwover the club they allegedly support.

4-1 Sants with a lambert hat-trick to rub salt in the wound!

A few weeks ago i thought we would get the win, but with resent form, Southamptons wonderful home record (this season and last, they are odds on to win. So i am sorry i have got it as a 2-0 home win.

Latest news down here, Ricky Lambert was in a pub punch up in a local pub a few days ago, and the local paper says hostile reception for Nicky Maynard tomorrow, but from his own fans. They all seem to want Nicky at the St Marys in the January window or Billy Sharpe. Although Fulham seem favourites to land the Doncaster forward.

What ever the outcome looking forward to tomorrow night.

Only in the wacky world of OTIB do people openly display mindless, childish tripe.

This is where the problem is.

Had Maynard come out last April and said he was not going to sign a new deal and intended to move on I would of been disapointed but fully agreed with you. Its his career and he decides where he plays, but the club would of known the situation and could of reacted accordingly last April.

The bit that sticks in my throat is that he has strung the club along giving the impression he was happy to sign a deal when the fine details was sorted, the reality is he was NEVER going to sign any deal at any time and over the last 8 months has lied an multiplated the situation to suit number 1.

Since when was expecting another human being to be honest and show a bit of decency deemed as childish?

Head says home win (they havn't lost at home for a million years)

Heart says 1-0 ....... Brett, Brett, super Brett!

Is Fonts back to mark the fat boy?

quote from the bbc

"Visitors Bristol City travel to St Mary's without captain Liam Fontaine, who has suffered a knee injury and may be sidelined until February"

seeing as Southampton don't have any fast strikers I'd be tempted to start Carey rather than Wilson. I do think Wilson will be a great player but I think for this game could do with carey's experience to lead the back line.

A few weeks ago i thought we would get the win, but with resent form, Southamptons wonderful home record (this season and last, they are odds on to win. So i am sorry i have got it as a 2-0 home win.

Latest news down here, Ricky Lambert was in a pub punch up in a local pub a few days ago, and the local paper says hostile reception for Nicky Maynard tomorrow, but from his own fans. They all seem to want Nicky at the St Marys in the January window or Billy Sharpe. Although Fulham seem favourites to land the Doncaster forward.

What ever the outcome looking forward to tomorrow night.

the law of averages say southampton got to lose soon at home

i fancy something

quote from the bbc

"Visitors Bristol City travel to St Mary's without captain Liam Fontaine, who has suffered a knee injury and may be sidelined until February"

seeing as Southampton don't have any fast strikers I'd be tempted to start Carey rather than Wilson. I do think Wilson will be a great player but I think for this game could do with carey's experience to lead the back line.

I see your point but I thought Wilson was excellent on Monday. If I was going to bring Carey in, it would be for Skuse who was nothing short of shocking in the 2nd half.

Minority? I don't think so mate .

Everyone I've spoken to over Christmas at gatherings and parties think he's a prize cock. Not met one person in the flesh that has supported Maynards stance.

Only in the wacky World of OTIB do people openly encourage players to screwover the club they allegedly support.

4-1 Sants with a lambert hat-trick to rub salt in the wound!

you really are the flag bearer of the anti maynard stance on this forum judging by your comments on all your posts on the subject.

Well hear is another fan who doesnt blame maynard and i for one will wish him well.

From all i have heard it is a case of small club mentality in that we are being screwed over.....we all aspire to be better than where we are now...if we aspire to that we have to realise that we will get good players who think they can better themselves elsewhere, i would hazard a guess that all prem teams and plenty in the championship have been in this situation.....i think it is the reality of being in a very competative league where your talents are widely showcased....

You are very anti maynard but neither you me or anyone else know whats gone on, so to say he has screwed us over may be wide of the mark...... Does he have to go to Leicester just because they reputedly bid 5m+....no course he doesnt.....how do you know he was not stalling on a decision because he hoped we could recover, make suitable investment and push up the league? He has fulfilled every aspect of his contract, has never once washed this in public or slagged anyone at the club off and in my opinion has given 100% playing as a lone striker in a team with zero creativity....and is still our top scorer......

i hope we sell him in Jan and get a decent price but the reality is we may not get an offer at all and the player will leave for nothing on July 1st 2012....thats football, my guess is if he doesnt move and stays and plays till end of season he will get 20 goals, which may stave off relegation......big decisions in jan for Del if we do not get an offer, but to blame the player is for me very short sighted unless you know the facts.....which personally i dont think any of us will ever know!!

This is where the problem is.

Had Maynard come out last April and said he was not going to sign a new deal and intended to move on I would of been disapointed but fully agreed with you. Its his career and he decides where he plays, but the club would of known the situation and could of reacted accordingly last April.

The bit that sticks in my throat is that he has strung the club along giving the impression he was happy to sign a deal when the fine details was sorted, the reality is he was NEVER going to sign any deal at any time and over the last 8 months has lied an multiplated the situation to suit number 1.

Since when was expecting another human being to be honest and show a bit of decency deemed as childish?

Show me a shred of evidence where he has said this??? as far as i have seen he has not once wanted to discuss this at all....happy to be proved wrong

I see your point but I thought Wilson was excellent on Monday. If I was going to bring Carey in, it would be for Skuse who was nothing short of shocking in the 2nd half.

Fair enough I didn't go on monday so can't judge just a hard dilema for a crunch game,then again if carey starts he may well just be too slow now.

Show me a shred of evidence where he has said this??? as far as i have seen he has not once wanted to discuss this at all....happy to be proved wrong

Well as far as I was aware talks were on going and they were looking to reach a deal. Only 10 days before the jan window was due to open did Maynard come out and actually say the words I do not want to discuss extending my deal and will not enter into any more discussions. Prior to this NM had mean making all the right noises about being happy at the club and in the area certainly no suggestion that he was not even willing to talk.

When did Maynard say he was not discussing a new deal prior to this as I must of missed it?

Well as far as I was aware talks were on going and they were looking to reach a deal. Only 10 days before the jan window was due to open did Maynard come out and actually say the words I do not want to discuss extending my deal and will not enter into any more discussions. Prior to this NM had mean making all the right noises about being happy at the club and in the area certainly no suggestion that he was not even willing to talk.

When did Maynard say he was not discussing a new deal prior to this as I must of missed it?

ok fair point, but what you say above is slightly different to stringing the club along, happy to discuss a new deal as you put in your previous post does not mean in anyway that he has stated that he wants to sign a new deal....talks to reach a deal are purely that, just talks, talks break down its business simple as that, plenty could have happend since august!! Making right noises is surely just what all players will do unless your Pierre Van Hooidonk who openly states they do not want to play for club anymore

i retain my belief that Nicky Maynard has not once said he would like to sign a new deal, and unless anyone can show me where he has i think those who arejumping on his back should be careful

And i also believe Nicky Maynard will give 100% to Bristol City until he leaves even if that is on a free in July

ok fair point, but what you say above is slightly different to stringing the club along, happy to discuss a new deal as you put in your previous post does not mean in anyway that he has stated that he wants to sign a new deal....talks to reach a deal are purely that, just talks, talks break down its business simple as that, plenty could have happend since august!! Making right noises is surely just what all players will do unless your Pierre Van Hooidonk who openly states they do not want

to play for club anymore

i retain my belief that Nicky Maynard has not once said he would like

to sign a new deal, and unless anyone can show me where he has i think those who arejumping on his back should be careful

And i also believe Nicky Maynard will give 100% to Bristol City until he leaves even if that is on a free in July

That's the problem he hasn't said anything. He just let this situation snowball and rumble on for months when he could of made his position crystal clear months ago allowing our football club go protect themselves.

I'm not saying Maynard is the devil for wanting to move on, footballers come and go, that's life.

I just think he could of been more transparent and vocal in his intentions.

TBH I just hope he leaves next week and we can get some decent money for him. One final point you think it possible for him to give 100% when he knows his future isnt here! I'm not convinced he can with all the distraction.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Archived