Southampton Match Thread

Longacre_red

Looks like it could be 4-2-3-1 to me

James

Carey Wilson Nyatanga McGivern

Skuse Cisse

Adomah Elliott Pearson

Maynard

Might want Elliott a bit further forward for his arieal ability ??

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Two holding midfielders - very continental. But agreed, keep it at 0-0 and replace Elliott with Kilkenny to add more creativity.

Looks like it could be 4-2-3-1 to me

James

Carey Wilson Nyatanga McGivern

Skuse Cisse

Adomah Elliott Pearson

Maynard

Might want Elliott a bit further forward for his arieal ability ??

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

With those players on that team sheet that would be my thought about the line (it says on the main site wilson and carey are reversed). thats a lot of men behind the ball but a good 'notional' at least way to set them up.

Albert and Pearson will need to break quickly and will need to put in a very good shift, also prey NM finds his touch in front of goal again....

With those players on that team sheet that would be my thought about the line (it says on the main site wilson and carey are reversed). thats a lot of men behind the ball but a good 'notional' at least way to set them up.

Albert and Pearson will need to break quickly and will need to put in a very good shift, also prey NM finds his touch in front of goal again....

You're right , DMc just confirmed on the radio Wilson at RB. Shows what I know !!

i love it how the official site always tries to make the line up sound more offensive than it really is, today seemingly being a clear 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1 with adomah based on the right

could see us getting beaten quite comfortably - interesting that del prefers to bring in carey and risk his lack of pace, opposed to playing spence at right back...

also curious that he took one look at stead, who almost scored, and banished him back out of the team, while maynard can miss hundreds of chances and not have to worry about his place. no comment.

Archived