IGNORED

What Price Albert?

the frampton balti

£10 Million is a ridiculous amount, yes he's our best player and yes he's great with the ball at his feet but his delivery is regularly questionable and sometimes he can be predictable. For that kind of money you could get yourself a seasoned Premier League winger, an obscene sum.

Most of these players were not star players that their clubs desperately wanted to keep hold of though. At the minute we have no desire or need to sale Albert, it's impossible to base his price on those players.

It's not just about the price thats paid, man city have probs got rid of 60k a week in wages for a player they did not want so that's another 2.5m or so on top

My worry pitman contract up end next season, hope we don't end up with another Maynard situation.

Well I suspect he will move on if things don't change soon. Will the board even want to offer him a new contract if he isn't being played?

If you want to keep someone you start negotiating way before the final year of the contract, something we have not often done, apart form Adomah, although i am not entirely sure if we lengthened the contract (can't remember how long he signed for when he joined) or just gave him extra money. I'm sure someone knows

£7.5M and I'll begin to listen.

I doubt anyone will pay that for a guy who cannot be classed as a youngster, who has no experience of playing at the top level, who could be unavailable in future years for the African Nations Cup. One plus point he would meet home grown criteria. But for that much, well teams can go for proven international wingers for that price.

I'd bet if there actually is interest in him from Prem clubs they will be looking at the 2-3 million mark, and then will move on to other targets.

Archived