IGNORED

What Price Albert?

the frampton balti

Lets face it ......its looking increasingly possible that albert will go. We need the money dont we, plus we dont want another maynard situation.

I reckon 6 mill would do it ...10 for the pair would be nice , giving delboy a fantastic opportunity do build his own team.

I think there may be a few surprises this january .our scotsman doesnt strike me as being the predictable type.

Yes we need the money, however we need Championship football more. For me if/when Albert goes it will be in the summer and not in January remember he signed a long contract last summer.

It was more of a wage increase than anything else as reward for his brilliant form last season. He has two? years remaining after this season I believe.

What price Albert? at this moment in time hes priceless.

He is the best attacking option we have at the moment, as Maynard wants away.

6mill for albert are you nuts? you got to be looking for Crazy Money if someone wants him that bad, do'nt forget Liverpool paid 35mill for Caroll, and he can't get a regular place in the starting line up.

What price Albert? at this moment in time hes priceless.

He is the best attacking option we have at the moment, as Maynard wants away.

6mill for albert are you nuts? you got to be looking for Crazy Money if someone wants him that bad, do'nt forget Liverpool paid 35mill for Caroll, and he can't get a regular place in the starting line up.

prices go up and down depending on the form of the player.

remember when marv was priceless.

besides what crazy money would be acceptable? I just dont think the board will accept another maynard situation . If i was on the board I wqould accept 6 mill.

According to a previous post, his contract still has two years to run.

Also albeert is a Raw Talent at present, in the hands of the right club who knows what he could become, or who he could end up playing for, I would hope to get replacement money, not do someother Club a favour.

The idea of getting £10m for both of them is a bit hopeful in my eyes. I think we'd take anything above £2m for Nicky to ensure we break even and even then I can't see that happening as any sensible manager will wait until he's out of contract.

With Albert I think we can't afford to sell and even if we did I don't think we'd get £6m for him as unlike Nicky when he was firing them in Albert in no so on the radar as Nicky was.

Personally I hope we hold onto both of them, even if it means Maynard goes for free as I think Nicky will still play a big part in our survival if he stays, Albert cannot be sold unless we're admitting we have no desire to stay up as he's our star player right now.

the thing is with Albert - who else is there that we can replace him with? He's one of a kind: refreshing, loving every second of football he plays, and very grateful to be where he is. What other footballers are there like that?! And his type of style is dying out, no more out and out wingers left imo apart from the Lennon's or Bale's who will actually attack the wing back and go past them, rather than gather the ball and pass it sideways

To be honest if Maynard is going I would like the Club to at least get something of their investment back.

Pitman, although a different style of player to NM seems to know where the goal is, when he gets the chance he knows how to take it, so we may not miss NM, but we would certainly miss Albert.

Gary Cahill, England International defender, proven prem player, wanted by top prem clubs, only 3 years older than Albert, is 7 million.

Adomah surely has to be less, 5 million MAX!

Firstly can't compare defenders to wingers for price and secondly Cahill would have gone for a lot more had he not been out of contract in the summer.

Gary Cahill, England International defender, proven prem player, wanted by top prem clubs, only 3 years older than Albert, is 7 million.

Adomah surely has to be less, 5 million MAX!

You are looking at Albert today, as I said earlier in the hands of the right Club who knows what albert can become.

As you say Cahill Defender........A club will pay more for a winger with pace.

Firstly can't compare defenders to wingers for price and secondly Cahill would have gone for a lot more had he not been out of contract in the summer.

I was comparing quality and experience more tbh.

Here are wingers bought by prem teams last summer:

Chris Eagles, 1.5 million.

Gabriel Obertan, 3 million

Shaun Wright-Phillips, 4 million

Elmohamady, 2 million

Wayne Routledge, 2.9 million

Elmohamady, 2 million

Most of these players were not star players that their clubs desperately wanted to keep hold of though. At the minute we have no desire or need to sale Albert, it's impossible to base his price on those players.

Most of these players were not star players that their clubs desperately wanted to keep hold of though. At the minute we have no desire or need to sale Albert, it's impossible to base his price on those players.

I have to disagree, Routledge was a star player for QPR when he was on loan there last season.

People always knew of Wright-Phillips class, and Eagles was always one of Burnleys best players.

Elmohamady, 2 million

And this is why we would never get £6m or anything close for Adomah. No clubs would be stupid enough to offer it and we don't want to sell.

However if Adomah wanted out then I think we might invite bids of around £3-4m for him. Wingers just don't go for that much from Championship sides. The exception to the rule has been the 2 ex-Southampton players Alex Ox-Chamberlain and Theo Walcott.

Lets face it ......its looking increasingly possible that albert will go. We need the money dont we, plus we dont want another maynard situation.

I reckon 6 mill would do it ...10 for the pair would be nice , giving delboy a fantastic opportunity do build his own team.

I think there may be a few surprises this january .our scotsman doesnt strike me as being the predictable type.

There isnt going to be another Maynard situation as hasnt Albert only recently signed a new contract??

Archived