IGNORED

Where Is Maynard Going To Go?

Paul Cheesey

How about this for a scenario;

No club who Maynard see's as worthy enough for his talent comes in for him, either now or in the summer, so the best offer on the table is the one he's already looking at. So he decides to stay put. How do we fell about that?

ps Ignore all Daily Mail rumours, in the last few days Maynard has been linked to Everton, Norwich, Fulham and now West Ham

I'm getting pretty sick of the way fans on here carp and critise certain players at every given opportunity. It was the same with LJ. They would never acknowledge a good performance, but as soon as he had a poor one - they'd be slagging him. Yes Maynard does not score enough 1 on 1s, but that doesnt mean he's a bad player. Maynard played well against both Cov and Soton. You may not like that fact, cos he wants out, but you should at least acknowledge it. His runs for the disallowed goal and the saved chance were excellent.

I'm getting pretty sick of the way fans on here carp and critise certain players at every given opportunity. It was the same with LJ. They would never acknowledge a good performance, but as soon as he had a poor one - they'd be slagging him. Yes Maynard does not score enough 1 on 1s, but that doesnt mean he's a bad player. Maynard played well against both Cov and Soton. You may not like that fact, cos he wants out, but you should at least acknowledge it. His runs for the disallowed goal and the saved chance were excellent.

agreed but their is no point appealing to morons better nature

As to where he goes, I hope he makes it to the Premier League but I think he may have to wait until the end of this season for that - which would be great news for us.

Gonna disagree with you there, Cynic. I'd rather have £1.5m now - and give us the purchasing power for a top notch midfield general.

How about this for a scenario;

No club who Maynard see's as worthy enough for his talent comes in for him, either now or in the summer, so the best offer on the table is the one he's already looking at. So he decides to stay put. How do we fell about that?

ps Ignore all Daily Mail rumours, in the last few days Maynard has been linked to Everton, Norwich, Fulham and now West Ham

If that scenario should come about then I hope the board would withdraw the atractive deal that has been on the table since last summer, and offer instead a lower value contract as would then reflect his market value. He's held all the cards until now, but in your scenario the club would suddenly hold a lot more cards than then have for some time.

To be fair I would be amazed if noone came in for him when he is out of contract, as he would be great value for money with no transfer fee attached and I dont expect to see him in a City short after the end of this season..

Maynard will probably end up opening a new account at the bank. As a player, not that impressed, yes he can play in this division, and will probably grab you anywhere between 12 and 17 goals in a normal season but, he doesn't have the pace, power, or ability to finish at the top level. I predict a squad player for Wolves/ Wigan/ Swansea/ or a promoted team at seasons end. His one on one finishing is not good, and I doubt he would get many chances from outside the box. He's a good championship player, that is all. He believes like any striker he is good enough to play at the top level, I disagree.

There was a rumour about the Jacks being interested in him a few weeks ago. That would be a great move for him. They look as if they enough quality to stay in the PL but they do lack firepower and are still yet to win away. Of all the rumours thats where I'd like to see him go.

Not likely if they sign Rory Donnelly, which is allegedly imminent.

If that scenario should come about then I hope the board would withdraw the atractive deal that has been on the table since last summer, and offer instead a lower value contract as would then reflect his market value. He's held all the cards until now, but in your scenario the club would suddenly hold a lot more cards than then have for some time.

To be fair I would be amazed if noone came in for him when he is out of contract, as he would be great value for money with no transfer fee attached and I dont expect to see him in a City short after the end of this season..

NM would still be in control as he would be free to go wherever he wanted, the club would have no control what so ever as he would be out of contract! They would hold no cards.

if Maynard still needs to be in the 'shop window', that says everything to me.

Well if He is sat on the bench or dropped to the reserves thats hardly going to encourage reasonable bids for Him is it? It's going to be hard enough getting our money back at least for Him!

Well if He is sat on the bench or dropped to the reserves thats hardly going to encourage reasonable bids for Him is it? It's going to be hard enough getting our money back at least for Him!

preacher.gif

He is going to Fulham on the 17th. The fee??

'Undisclosed' (believed to be approximately £2.25 M, IF he makes enough appearances).

mf_sleep.gif

P.S. Approx £1.5M plus the appearance package (~ £750,000).

Exactly this. He needs to perform to get himself a decent deal. He's an ambitious guy and wants to play at the top level - the only way hes going to get there is by playing to the best of his ability and giving his all whilst he remains in a city shirt.

Maynard starts every game for me. Don't get me wrong, I like Pitman and he is a decent striker but despite what almost everybody thinks he is not god and certainly not as good a striker as Maynard.

Spot on. I rate Pitman and if we change system to 4-4-2 then I would like to see Him give His chance. But at the end of the day while playing with one up top Maynard is by far our best option! Like Del has come out and said we all need to back Him for now. What is the point in wasting energy on booing Him or getting on His back tomorrow night when even the most stubborn people should recognise that we need Him against Millwall.

Last time out against them He played like the Nicky Maynard I know. I agree with most that it's not an ideal situation and while I can't say I am happy with the situation I still rate Him and still believe we need Him. Tomorrow is huge we all need to get behind the team and Maynard.

Spot on. I rate Pitman and if we change system to 4-4-2 then I would like to see Him give His chance. But at the end of the day while playing with one up top Maynard is by far our best option! Like Del has come out and said we all need to back Him for now. What is the point in wasting energy on booing Him or getting on His back tomorrow night when even the most stubborn people should recognise that we need Him against Millwall.

Last time out against them He played like the Nicky Maynard I know. I agree with most that it's not an ideal situation and while I can't say I am happy with the situation I still rate Him and still believe we need Him. Tomorrow is huge we all need to get behind the team and Maynard.

Apparently, the statue of Michael Jackson is already being altered to resemble NM.

I admit, this could be a coincidence, as is NM's recent conversion to Islam.

preacher.gif

He is going to Fulham on the 17th. The fee??

'Undisclosed' (believed to be approximately £2.25 M, IF he makes enough appearances).

mf_sleep.gif

P.S. Approx £1.5M plus the appearance package (~ £750,000).

If this is true then its not a bad deal for us! Where did you learn this!? As much as I rate Maynard at this level I think He will struggle in the prem!!

If this is true then its not a bad deal for us! Where did you learn this!? As much as I rate Maynard at this level I think He will struggle in the prem!!

You expect me to reveal my source, 'just like that', on OTIB??

And why do you think Nicky will struggle in the prem? His ego is easily big enough for any league in the world.

Infact, his ego is the only stumbling block to the deal going through, afterall, would Nicky 'slum-it' at Fulham??

I only sound bitter, because I love BCFC so much.

P.S. Love City; HATE Warnock - just to clarify.

And why do you think Nicky will struggle in the prem? His ego is easily big enough for any league in the world.

Infact, his ego is the only stumbling block to the deal going through, afterall, would Nicky 'slum-it' at Fulham??

P.S. Love City; HATE Warnock - just to clarify.

Possibly not. Even if they get rid of Zamora and Johnson he could still find himself behind Dembele, Ruiz and Sa in the pecking order. He should of course be an automatic selection regardless of whether he scores any goals or not.:innocent06:

Possibly not. Even if they get rid of Zamora and Johnson he could still find himself behind Dembele, Ruiz and Sa in the pecking order. He should of course be an automatic selection regardless of whether he scores any goals or not.:innocent06:

Are you serious?

With all the England games coming up, I doubt whether he will be available for many 'league' matches.

The headline?:-

"Maynard and Rooney do it again for Warnocks England"

winner_third_h4h.gif

I love BCFC so much too! Like I mentioned previously I'm not happy about the situation, far from it but whilst we are in such a critical situation and He is still playing for us I think it's important we back Him. We don't know all the ins and outs and what has gone on behind the scenes do we!? Unless You know different!? I personally think He is a very good championship striker, but I don't think at present Maynard has enough to His game to be a success in the prem! Who knows with better players He may up His game!

Totally agree - They fear him after last time - and Albert. Pearson needs to use the extra space he'll get as they put loads of players on those 2.

I really don't see Maynard leaving us in January, he doesn't want to sign for another mid table championship side and I cant see any Premier League teams coming in for him.

Last summer only Leicester were interested and I would say his form has dipped this season making it less likely that he will attract anyone else in Jan.

I believe he will be with us until the end of the season and unfortunately leave on a free in the summer.

Really hope some club will buy him in jan and we can got some money. Maybe West Ham or Swansea or Fulham I dont know. Im not convinced that we will sell him in jan, hope Im wrong.

Ridiculous. If he stays he plays- end of. No manager in his right mind would not play him. His work rate and desire both seem as good as either Pitman or Stead. He created the goal on Friday (Ok he should have put it away- but he was in the right place and forced a parry which Pearson finished)Why the animosity? He wants to leave but if he doesnt he still has to prove he's worthy of a step-up and that can only benefit BCFC.

This is my view, your view and Del's view. It's a no-brainer. Despite the recent record, he is our number one scorer of goals both in reality and in potential. If we want rid of him, we'll get more money if he scores more goals and so will he. This won't happen if he's dropped. In the meantime, he is being well paid, is genuinely doing his best and we need to get maximum value from the situation in terms of both cash and results.

Totally agree.

Mind you, if you believe bullshite, the board turned down 9m from Leicester and it's all their fault that the nasty meanie is still here :laughcont:

The board no more turned down than 9 million than I shagged Kylie Minogue on Christamas Day (sorry Dolls).

Any consolation she actually wasn't that good !!

I really don't see Maynard leaving us in January, he doesn't want to sign for another mid table championship side and I cant see any Premier League teams coming in for him.

Last summer only Leicester were interested and I would say his form has dipped this season making it less likely that he will attract anyone else in Jan.

I believe he will be with us until the end of the season and unfortunately leave on a free in the summer.

I think the reason he hasn't signed is that he's ambitious & wants to play in the Premier League. By not signing he paves the way for possible suitors like Fulham or QPR. He isn't enjoying his football playing on his own up front. At 25 I think it's natural progression for him and if nobody from the Premier League comes knocking then I think he will sign. He doesn't want to go to another Championship club.

It is human nature for any of us to be critical of him because we're all crying out for loyalty yet couldn't give a flying f... when we will inevitably nick St.Johnstone's better players (if they have any as I for one am very dubious buying so called "talent" from North of the Border

I think the reason he hasn't signed is that he's ambitious & wants to play in the Premier League. By not signing he paves the way for possible suitors like Fulham or QPR. He isn't enjoying his football playing on his own up front. At 25 I think it's natural progression for him and if nobody from the Premier League comes knocking then I think he will sign. He doesn't want to go to another Championship club.

It is human nature for any of us to be critical of him because we're all crying out for loyalty yet couldn't give a flying f... when we will inevitably nick St.Johnstone's better players (if they have any as I for one am very dubious buying so called "talent" from North of the Border

Maybe I'm a bit older than you but the last time we were in the 1st (premier) division, we got there with the help of a few jocks, at least 2 of them coming from that highly esteemed top Scottish outfit Greenock Morton or plain Morton as they were called then.

So all of the multitude of clubs that are going to bid for him have never heard of him?, never seen him play before?, don't know what they are getting for their money?.

Archived