IGNORED

Where Is Maynard Going To Go?

Paul Cheesey

So all of the multitude of clubs that are going to bid for him have never heard of him?, never seen him play before?, don't know what they are getting for their money?.

No that't not the point I am trying to make. If He is not playing then clubs are not going to put in a reasonable offer are they!? Whereas if He is playing and scoring goals it gives us more of a chance to use it to our advantage. If He is sat in the ressies or forced to train with the youth that gives off signs that we want to get rid of Him asap which is not the case! If He is playing then at least that might enable us to hold out for a larger fee!

No that't not the point I am trying to make. If He is not playing then clubs are not going to put in a reasonable offer are they!? Whereas if He is playing and scoring goals it gives us more of a chance to use it to our advantage. If He is sat in the ressies or forced to train with the youth that gives off signs that we want to get rid of Him asap which is not the case! If He is playing then at least that might enable us to hold out for a larger fee!

The point is I think that if clubs do not already know about him and what he is capable of their scouting must be pretty crap. Presumably those who argue that he must play to be in the shop window think Man City should be picking Tevez for the same reason?

I have to say I cannot remember any City striker of whom it has been said so often that it doesn't matter if he scores or not. There are a few past ones I can think of who would have loved that sort of leeway! I trust whoever replaces Maynard in due course gets such tolerance. Somehow I doubt it.

i've highlighted the flaw to your cunning plan.

The point is I think that if clubs do not already know about him and what he is capable of their scouting must be pretty crap. Presumably those who argue that he must play to be in the shop window think Man City should be picking Tevez for the same reason?

I have to say I cannot remember any City striker of whom it has been said so often that it doesn't matter if he scores or not. There are a few past ones I can think of who would have loved that sort of leeway! I trust whoever replaces Maynard in due course gets such tolerance. Somehow I doubt it.

I haven't stated anywhere that clubs or scouts wouldn't know about Him. I'm saying that if He isn't playing then how can we expect to get anywhere near what we signed Him for!? That is how You lose Him for next to nothing or for free in the summer.

The Tevez situation is completely different as His contract doesn't run out in 6 months time!! And it's not as if man city don't have anyone to replace Him in say Aguero, Balotelli or Dzeko! Up until Cov we had Maynard or Pitman as Stead hasn't been fit.

Fulham seems to be the long rumoured destination at end of season, however since Johnson/Zamora talk of moves, plus city officially putting him up for sale, then it would be no shock if he went sooner to them

They look far more likely to sign Gignac from Marseilles a player they have been linked with since the summer, a player who is a current international and Marseille paid 18mill for.

I haven't stated anywhere that clubs or scouts wouldn't know about Him. I'm saying that if He isn't playing then how can we expect to get anywhere near what we signed Him for!? That is how You lose Him for next to nothing or for free in the summer.

The Tevez situation is completely different as His contract doesn't run out in 6 months time!! And it's not as if man city don't have anyone to replace Him in say Aguero, Balotelli or Dzeko! Up until Cov we had Maynard or Pitman as Stead hasn't been fit.

Sorry, still don't follow. So any player at any club who is not a first team regular will not attract bids seems to be the implication. Quite what difference Maynard playing a couple of more games will make I don't see as any club likely to be interested will already have a dossier on him. And in any event he is not scoring goals which presumably means the chances of a sale are reduced and tends to undermine the case for picking him. As a potential buyer I would be inclined to say I would not meet the price as he is not scoring.

Sorry, still don't follow. So any player at any club who is not a first team regular will not attract bids seems to be the implication. Quite what difference Maynard playing a couple of more games will make I don't see as any club likely to be interested will already have a dossier on him. And in any event he is not scoring goals which presumably means the chances of a sale are reduced and tends to undermine the case for picking him. As a potential buyer I would be inclined to say I would not meet the price as he is not scoring.

No not at all, I just think letting Him rot in the reserves won't help our cause that's all! I'm not referring to other players in the same situation, just in NM's case as were are already in a vulnerable situation! Plus I still believe He is the best we have and that is the main for me, why He should be in the team!

No not at all, I just think letting Him rot in the reserves won't help our cause that's all! I'm not referring to other players in the same situation, just in NM's case as were are already in a vulnerable situation! Plus I still believe He is the best we have and that is the main for me, why He should be in the team!

Can I just say, that the capital "H"s in reference to NM are a bit excessive.

It's something normally used when referring to the Almighty.

Haven't seen it mentioned on this thread but in Del's Player interview today he says there has been 'plenty of interest' from other clubs in regard to Maynard but obviously 'no offers' yet.

Makes me feel a bit more positive we may be able to shift him asap. Here's hoping :fingerscrossed:

Why "obviously?". No reason why a bid could not be made and accepted on or before Jan !st. No doubt there will be plenty of calls but perhaps far fewer serious bids. The advantage is with the buyer I'm afraid.:disapointed2se:

Karmas a bitch.He's going nowhere Prem-wise either now or in the summer.

He will grovel,apologise say his heart was always at City and sign a 3 yr deal with get out clauses.

We should then give him a stickload of abuse until he pulls his head out of his behind and realise his bread is much better buttered on this side.

He simply does not offer enough for a prem team to win something or to one desperately trying to avoid relegation.

For that reason only, then its a top 6 championship club or abroad to the middle-east somewhere, where he can play football on a big salary and pray five times a day in peace and quiet. :englandsmile4wf:

I disagree. As a free agent I think a lower Premier league club would definitely move for Maynard. His wages aren't going to be extortionate for a Premier League player so it's going to be worth a gamble for someone.

The other point, of course, is - like his actions or not - Maynard has got nothing whatsoever to apologise for. For one, his only commitment to us was to play for the length of his contract and give us all. Which - aside from when he was injured - he has done. Secondly all he's done is say that he doesn't want to sign a contract at the moment and want to see what his options are. The fact the club have decided to try and sell him is fair enough but it's the club's decision. It's not going to take any climbdown at all for him to ultimately sign a contract.

I'm disappointed Maynard's going and especially that we're likely not going to get much (if anything) in the way of a fee for him but everyone at the club knew how the Bosman rule worked and that the point would come when he might be up for free. The club decided to gamble and not transfer-list him in the Summer and let his contract run down and sadly this is what's happened.

Archived