IGNORED

Ribeiro Returns To City

always hoping

Ribs's loan at Carlisle ended on a high with a win over high flying Sheff Utd. Mgr has been very complimentary on how his performances have helped Carlisle get very close to the playoff's. Having played 7 games whilst up North, he now returns to city, looking forward to giving Del an opportunity to check him out first hand.

As previously been mentioned missed a few games with his Re-occurring hamstring problems, out of contract at end of season.

Wouldn't be surprised if we try and flog him to get a fee with a sale on.

Wait for it................

Looking at the Blues fans forum sounds like he has played very well today against a very good counterpart. Seems as though the Carlisle fans would have him back. Although there were a few well known faces in the Huddersfiled crowd I understand not watching Carlisle players so perhaps another loan spell elsewhere or as previoulsy suggested a purchase could be imminent.. If he is as fragile as everyone seems to think and Carlisle have managed to keep him sound must only say something about the superiority of their training regeime and medical staff doesnt it?

Can we sell Donald to Rovers In the January window??....hes so negative no one would get past him... could be just what the Gasheads need to keep them in the Football league :laughcont:

Wait for it................

Looking at the Blues fans forum sounds like he has played very well today against a very good counterpart. Seems as though the Carlisle fans would have him back. Although there were a few well known faces in the Huddersfiled crowd I understand not watching Carlisle players so perhaps another loan spell elsewhere or as previoulsy suggested a purchase could be imminent.. If he is as fragile as everyone seems to think and Carlisle have managed to keep him sound must only say something about the superiority of their training regeime and medical staff doesnt it?

Can we sell Donald to Rovers In the January window??....hes so negative no one would get past him... could be just what the Gasheads need to keep them in the Football league :laughcont:

35 minutes...not bad !!

Another misleading update from Riberio's dad.

Ribs has had same problems there as here, like Lee Matthews before him, doesn't matter how much ability you have, if your body can't handle it, it can't handle it

Doesn't even strike me as a City fan to be honest.

Another misleading update from Riberio's dad.

Ribs has had same problems there as here, like Lee Matthews before him, doesn't matter how much ability you have, if your body can't handle it, it can't handle it

Doesn't even strike me as a City fan to be honest.

Classic post from Donald, respect due.

chant6ez.gif

Top dog!

Has Ribeiro been unfit for selection with hamstring problems while he's been on loan at Carlisle?dunno.gif

Has Ribeiro been unfit for selection with hamstring problems while he's been on loan at Carlisle?dunno.gif

There was a few stories couple of weeks again from thier local rag, citing that missed games and training die to a "minor" hamstring issues

Though Ribs dad reckons they lie

There was a few stories couple of weeks again from thier local rag, citing that missed games and training die to a "minor" hamstring issues

Though Ribs dad reckons they lie

I am good friends with someone who works for Carlisle United. He's met Ribs, comfirms him as a nice lad and also confirms he had a slight hamstring issue at some point during his stay (That's Ribs not my friend).

If Ribs has matured and toughen up mentily and physically he could still have a future with us. Bit he need to step up to the plate Ashton Gate now . I hope he can because he does have the ability and he is a local lad and we should try and support one of our own.

If Ribs has matured and toughen up mentily and physically he could still have a future with us. Bit he need to step up to the plate Ashton Gate now . I hope he can because he does have the ability and he is a local lad and we should try and support one of our own.

He's not local, but having come up through the ranks since an early age, it feels like it.

Ribs has got a lot of quality and more than most in the squad. He's got time on the ball, passes rather than hoofs it upfield and can beat his man. Before his cruciate ligament injury he wasn't tagged a sick not and it's the sort of injury that used to end careers. Even if he has missed the odd game this season it looks to me as if the trend is less injuries and quicker recovery. With Ribs and Albert on the right that could be quite a combination. In fact Ribs could certainly play the role Skuse played in the last match allowing Albert a more central role. I'll trust the manager's decision but I do hope he gives him another season as a fit and confident Ribeiro could be a very valuable addition. I'd be tempted to give him a two year deal simply because if he shines - as he will do if he stays fit - then we'd risk losing a valuable asset with a one year deal.

"Another misleading update from Riberio's dad. "

Ribs's loan at Carlisle ended on a high with a win over high flying Sheff Utd. Mgr has been very complimentary on how his performances have helped Carlisle get very close to the playoff's. Having played 7 games whilst up North, he now returns to city, looking forward to giving Del an opportunity to check him out first hand.

Donald not sure what you see as misleading about the original post. Gary Abbot was keen to keep him there and publicly spoke very highly of him .

Anyway, I'm truely sorry that any posts on Ribs seem to kick off such resentment and negativity. He's been Bristol through and through for over 10 years now. Not sure he deserves such treatment.

But this is an open forum where any opinion is as valid as the next.

Donald not sure what you see as misleading about the original post. Gary Abbot was keen to keep him there and spoke very highly of him .

Anyway, I'm truely sorry that any posts on Ribs seem to kick off such resentment and negativity. He's been Bristol through and through for over 10 years now. Not sure he deserves such treatment. But this is an open forum or it is supposed to be and any opinion is as valid as the next.

Do you know what? I think the negative tone is caused by a certain provocative poster who tries to paint Ribeiro as some kind of football god and refuses to accept the considerable faults in his game and his physical ability to withstand the pressures of modern football.

This posters defence of Ribeiro has done more harm to his reputation on this forum than good. good parenting....

What to you term as local. He's from Berkeley in mid Glos

He was born in Wales so clearly that's where he's from.

However that's by the by, we should be right behind all Academy products whether they were actually born locally or not. Ribeiro has spent more than enough of his formative years in Bristol to indeed be classed as one of our own as the earlier poster said.

My own view is I very much hope he gets a chance under Del, I personally rate him far higher than all his rivals at right back, most certainly Skuse, but see his best position as one of a back 3, where he has looked truly outstanding in the past.

Donald not sure what you see as misleading about the original post. Gary Abbot was keen to keep him there and publicly spoke very highly of him .

Anyway, I'm truely sorry that any posts on Ribs seem to kick off such resentment and negativity. He's been Bristol through and through for over 10 years now. Not sure he deserves such treatment.

But this is an open forum where any opinion is as valid as the next.

I believe Donald was referring to my posts rather than yours...but im not related to Ribs or do I know him personally..however I make no bones about the fact that I rate Ribs as a future at BCFC and if he can retain his form even a future full international. Until he leaves the tenure of the Club or injury proves otherwise I will continue to.

Im afraid Donald appears to have underlying physcological issues or resentment bordering on schizoidal paranoia, His posts are generally vitriolic, unsubstantiated and confrontational and I wouldnt give them much creedance. When schools reconvene later this week they will no doubt reduce in frequency.

Do you know what? I think the negative tone is caused by a certain provocative poster who tries to paint Ribeiro as some kind of football god and refuses to accept the considerable faults in his game and his physical ability to withstand the pressures of modern football.

This posters defence of Ribeiro has done more harm to his reputation on this forum than good. good parenting....

Utter, Utter rubbish..that said I shall post no more on the subject of Ribeiro...you have my word on that now Jordan.

I believe Donald was referring to my posts rather than yours...but im not related to Ribs or do I know him personally..however I make no bones about the fact that I rate Ribs as a future at BCFC and if he can retain his form even a future full international. Until he leaves the tenure of the Club or injury proves otherwise I will continue to.

Im afraid Donald appears to have underlying physcological issues or resentment bordering on schizoidal paranoia, His posts are generally vitriolic, unsubstantiated and confrontational and I wouldnt give them much creedance. When schools reconvene later this week they will no doubt reduce in frequency.

OTT

I made a simple comment that Riberio has had re-occurrence of his hamstring problems, when you were stating he's been fit and that Carlise physics were magicians compared to ours

You abused me and called me a liar, so I backed my comment up with the link that stated his injury issue.

Which you then dismissed as rubbish as "you knew better"

Now this........

My views on Ribs are there is no doubt he has ability, however he has mental issues regarding taking knocks, other players such as Matthews and Ivan Testi have had similar issues over years and not been the same players after serious injuries.

Members of the previous coaching stuff felt he had similar issues at their time and it became public after the Plymouth pre-season game

Just a case similar to those 2 and Brooker who have a long term problem and of we can get a fee then GREAT

The sooner he's gone the better.

Every time I've seen him play he has impressed me - but he's is never fit enough for long enough to realise his potential.

Whether or not, he can eventually overcome his problems at some point, remains to be seen - but I'd rather he was on someone else's injury list than ours..

Archived