IGNORED

1 Million For Maynard? "we Want Around £2.5 Million"

JammyOne

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Wolves-make-1m-move-for-Bristol-striker-Nicky-Maynard-article848474.html

A swap deal could be interesting, but no way should we accept a straight 1 million bid.

Thoughts?

Interesting but I'd probably not take tabloid rumours at face value.

IF it is true then I'm fine if that's McInnes' stance. We're not going to get more than £2.5 million for him with his contract as it is but I think it's a reasonable amount to ask for and I'd be fine with some swaps in there as well if it gets us the right players. Even if Maynard goes then, whilst we will need another striker in the squad, I'm not sure if it's where the bulk of our transfer money should do so if we can either get another striker for the squad or one or two decent players in other positions that need strengthening then it could be a good bit of business.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Wolves-make-1m-move-for-Bristol-striker-Nicky-Maynard-article848474.html

A swap deal could be interesting, but no way should we accept a straight 1 million bid.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are we may have to except 1m for him. We are not in any position to play hardball thanks to Maynards antic over the last 8 months and 1m now is better than sweet fa in the summer.

As long as NM is all good though and gets his move the majority will be happy on here as that's seems more important than the football club getting a decent return on their asset!

Just want him gone....so bored of the drama!

I'd argue that it would be worth giving up a million if that was to be the only offer. The price of relegation is far more, so if the only deal ended up being £1million, surely we'd be better off keeping him to help keep us up and then losing him for nothing in the summer, but hopefully with our Championship status intact. I am sure the price will go up, but if not would it even be worth it for such a price, considering our league position?

Give me 2mill and our own 20% sell on clause in case he does well and a "Fulham" or "Everton" type club pick him up off wolves and i will pay for his taxi (can't drive him it would cost me 2k to fly over and hire a car...).

I don't dislike the guy, my mum knows him and thinks he's a nice lad plus he even signed my Christmas card (I'm 31) along with Bradley Orr and the other Portishead players a few years back but we can do a lot with 2 mill (even if its lower our hideous debts).

Believe it or not, last night I dreamt that he went to Wolves and that we got someone from them on loan - that is my source!

Anyone who thinks we will get more than £1.5m for someone who is out of contract in 6 months is very naive. He was only ever worth £5m ish WITH a contract.

People on here saying that he isnt good enough for the Premier League but then saying we should demand £3m for him - never gonna happen.

Are you mad 1 million that's crazy I wouldn't take anything less that 3.

Imagine you spent 2.25m of your own money and were to sell few years later. I'm sure you rather get 1m back rather than nothing.

1 million is a lot of money and easy to say its crazy when it isn't your money and you personally have nothing to lose.

I'd be suprised to see him actually make their team. He is not better than Fletcher, Doyle or Ebanks-Blake.

Absolutely agree. Nowhere near as good as the first two. Closer to Ebanks-Blake.

There is no team in the Premier League that he could go to where he should expect to play most weeks.

Someone will take a punt, it won't work out and he'll end up at someone like Brighton, Cardiff or Reading.

The problem is we can't hold the high ground we either accept a cut price fee now or get sod all in the summer.:bruce_h4h:

Still negotiation being what it is Wolves hardly are going to start with their best price so we can assume both are willing to settle somewhere in the middle.

This could be a good move for NM as he's just as good as whats there so got a good chance to shine. Arrange a good relegation release clause or 1mil transfer release.

Then he's got half of season to prove his worth and get more stable prem club.

I think thats why he turned down Leicester.

Also good for us as we get a bit of cash back.

1325586192' post=1485958']

This could be a good move for NM as he's just as good as whats there so got a good chance to shine. Arrange a good relegation release clause or 1mil transfer release.

Then he's got half of season to prove his worth and get more stable prem club.

I think thats why he turned down Leicester.

Also good for us as we get a bit of cash back.

Just as good as Fletcher and Doyle? Hmmmmmm

Hi Guys,

interesting rumour, wether we'd be interested is another thing. we have fletcher, doyle, seb at the club so if signed you'd think NM be 3rd or 4th choice striker (prob 4th) would he be happy with that?

we're in no need to sell either of our main two strikers nor would we unless relegated and letting them progress with their careers where they rightly belong in top division (not needing to be sold due to financial reasons)

so if we're looking to the future then NM could be quality signing should we go down and cheap replacement for a fletcher when moves to big team

if we was to stay up then i could see him being moved on for similar fee next Jan (depending how he does in our team of course)

as for players for swap - hunt, seb mentioned .... No Chance

likely players to be available are (so some idea for you guys)

Vokes, Keogh are two players certain to be leaving in jan

Elokobi, Hammill, Kightly are three players who may be moved on depending on who we purchase

likely players to be available are (so some idea for you guys)

Vokes, Keogh are two players certain to be leaving in jan

Elokobi, Hammill, Kightly are three players who may be moved on depending on who we purchase

Would definitley be happy with any of those 3 names if came true, particularly Kightly who was Watford's best player by a mile at their place and still has that quality

Archived