IGNORED

Great Forum

CotswoldRed

Having browsed a number of football forums in the last few days I think its worth saying that we have a very decent bunch of people here.

There are posters who rub each other up the wrong way, but the banter is good-spirited and generally constructive. A very friendly place to be and something I value greatly as a fan of BCFC.

Why post this? ...well you just have to look at the likes of the Millwall forum where, I kid you not, the majority of postings would give you cause to lose faith in the human race altogether. A fair proportion of posts (I saw at least 20 this morning) that could get the posters banged up if the police/CPS bothered to look.

Thanks to everyone on the forum and especially the mods this is a great place to be and makes me proud to be Bristolian and a fan of the mighty reds.

There. Said it.

That's the spirit Bourton Boy. I expect we will have a few visitors from Sarf Landan today and I din't want them to feel uncomfortable.

Give them a bit longer to get here. They'll need to sign up first and that can take ages when you're typing with yer elbows.

Having browsed a number of football forums in the last few days I think its worth saying that we have a very decent bunch of people here.

There are posters who rub each other up the wrong way, but the banter is good-spirited and generally constructive. A very friendly place to be and something I value greatly as a fan of BCFC.

Why post this? ...well you just have to look at the likes of the Millwall forum where, I kid you not, the majority of postings would give you cause to lose faith in the human race altogether. A fair proportion of posts (I saw at least 20 this morning) that could get the posters banged up if the police/CPS bothered to look.

Thanks to everyone on the forum and especially the mods this is a great place to be and makes me proud to be Bristolian and a fan of the mighty reds.

There. Said it.

Yes, The House of Fun is just a litiny of profaniities, Who are their mods, the Driscoll brothers ?

One big factor in this forum being a nicer place recently is the absence of a couple of malicious and vindictive posters who seemed to have stopped posting. Banned maybe?

No idea, but certainly 3 or 4 regular and fairly 'argumentative' (and in a couple of cases very repetitive) posters seem to have disappeared completely since the fallout over Millen's departure and Del taking over.

I think I can guess the one you're missing least.yes.gif

No idea, but certainly 3 or 4 regular and fairly 'argumentative' (and in a couple of cases very repetitive) posters seem to have disappeared completely since the fallout over Millen's departure and Del taking over.

I think I can guess the one you're missing least.yes.gif

You ain't getting rid of me that easy ;)

There. Said it.

Agreed. The forum has a few that go over the top but is generally pretty well balanced. Love it.

We are fortunate to have several members who know far more about football (obviously BCFC but also the game generally) than I will ever know.

Including many regular posters with a memory of the detail of games played years ago that would make an elephant proud.

I enjoy reading their informed comments and learn a lot from them.

And (with a few exceptions) the quality of the writing is (on average) far better than other club forums I have visited.

Especially that one that has something to do with Pirates !

Of course we get the odd idiot posting on here, but the Mods soon sort them out.

So, take a pat on the back you lot.

Archived