IGNORED

St Johnstone Unfazed By Francisco Sandaza Contract 'snub'

Oakleyson

I believe he is a forward? Anybody know what type, goal ratio etc etc

I think he's a strong in the air target man,

I tend to trust the saints fans judgement as well they have been pretty much spot on with what they have posted on our forum

At the end of the day if he hands in a transfer request he'll have to go. I would be very surprised if he wasn't wearing a city shirt by the end of the window.

He won't hand in a transfer request, that means he will forgo money that Saints would have to pay him if they sold him.

We would have to make an offer or he will see out his contract would be my best bet. By saying he isn't signing will of course force Saints hand one way or another, and will ensure he will not lose out financially. Much like Maynard for us.

I tend to trust the saints fans judgement as well they have been pretty much spot on with what they have posted on our forum

That is an area in which we need to strengthen, so could be a good acquisition if it comes off.

Out of interest, what nationality is he? The eastend flag team may need a new addition to their flag pole!

The BBC link reckons that St Johnson aren't bothered that he won't sign a new contract yet as 'talks are ongoing'.

If City want him then much depends on how much the Saints would accept for him and whether he would want to move south.

Even though Sandaza is scoring goals in the SPL doesn't mean he'll do he same in the Championship. There's a big gulf in quality between the two leagues apart from the Old Firm.

He's not a target man, though he is decent in the air and strong. Likes to pick the ball up deep or in wide areas and run at goal. Good finisher who also creates. He's hard to knock off the ball too. Scored 12 in 16 for Saints.

He's rubbish though, you don't want him ;)

Even though Sandaza is scoring goals in the SPL doesn't mean he'll do he same in the Championship. There's a big gulf in quality between the two leagues apart from the Old Firm.

Disagree. The top six in the SPL would more than hold their own in the championship. The leagues are very similar standard. The last two saints strikers to play in the championship didn't exactly struggle (Dobbie and Scotland). In fact, Dobbie couldn't get a game for Saints.

The BBC link reckons that St Johnson aren't bothered that he won't sign a new contract yet as 'talks are ongoing'.

If City want him then much depends on how much the Saints would accept for him and whether he would want to move south.

All very true and our track record with Scots strikers is poor to say the least, but if he is the player DMC wants that's good enough for me. Looking at various clips of him he is totally different to anything else we have, good in the air (but certainly not a target man), pacy, tricky and gets into good positions in the box.

All very true and our track record with Scots strikers is poor to say the least, but if he is the player DMC wants that's good enough for me. Looking at various clips of him he is totally different to anything else we have, good in the air (but certainly not a target man), pacy, tricky and gets into good positions in the box.

If we are realistic about who we could actually sign, this guy should be very high on our list. I hope we go and get him, just what we need up front.

Hi guys.

There's a lot more to Fran's game than just being strong in the air, he is very skilful and an excellent finisher. Whether he is championship standard, well personally I would say he is but appreciate that he has yet to prove that. If he is to leave us in January, then it will take a decent offer as his presence in our team could make a major difference to how we finish the season - I tend to think he will stay with us till May and then leave for free.

If and when he leaves, then I would much prefer it is to you guys than one of the bloody Old Firm.

Archived