IGNORED

1982 And How We Felt Then

cheshire_red

I was only 4 1/2 in jan 82, but for me those 8 saved the club I love. So much so, I told me Mrs the story and told her of a pic the e po printed on the 25th anniversary. Bless her heart, she came on here and started a thread 'trying to trace AG8 poster' didn't have the heart to tell her I seen it, so instead I started to reply to her post trying to help her. I know she had a great deal of help from dollymarie and even the club itself. Just before ma's my little boy picked up my phone and called up this site, alas I got found out and sadly never got what would've been a blinding pressie, I know she tried real hard to find it and I do have a birthday this year !!

I seem to remember a career criminal (George Reynolds - a safecracker) owning the club and having a 20k stadium built that was never filled. He ended up inside for tax evasion, and the club has gone downhill ever since.

Extremely sad that a club ends up that way, and I really hope they survive.

Wasn't there obviously, But just reading the Darlington fans post made me realise just how upset I would be if we were ever to face that situation again.

I know we've got a lot of debt, but thank god for Steve Lansdown.

I really hope Darlington survive.

Jordan, I don't think we have a lot of debt. What the Lansdown family has put in to the club has become shares, "equity" and is not debt. As a club we probably never have been fitter.

Archived