IGNORED

Atyeo V Maynard

swampy

Can you imagine 'Big John' throwing his rattle out of the pram and refusing to sign a new contract? Maynard came from Crewe for fcuks sake. And as for all this carp that the Crawley FA Cup match is irrelevant .. try telling that to 'Big John'. And imagine how the travelling support might just feel. Football has become so sad and I just feel sorry for the thousands who waste their hard earned cash subsidising the life styles of - let's be honest - pric's

Can you imagine 'Big John' throwing his rattle out of the pram and refusing to sign a new contract? Maynard came from Crewe for fcuks sake. And as for all this carp that the Crawley FA Cup match is irrelevant .. try telling that to 'Big John'. And imagine how the travelling support might just feel. Football has become so sad and I just feel sorry for the thousands who waste their hard earned cash subsidising the life styles of - let's be honest - pric's

You okay mate?

I'm not pished...I'm fine to drive, give me the ke...zzzzzzzzz *snore*

Never in my life. turned down "prem" and Italy because he know he was more than good enough. Did not have to prove a shit.

Back then you had to prove something to become anything. Now you don't have to proof anything to become something.

You're not wrong :mafia:

More than agree

1325797660' post=1487962']

Who said the Crawley game was irelevant?

If you were offered more money to work for another company, doing the same job as you do now, would you do it? I would.

Why should Maynard sign a new contract if he thinks he can better himself and provide more for his family?

...... have decided to pass on the Crawley game £25 to sit down for fcuks sake .. or did I read that wrong? Remember watching a League Cup Semi v Spurs at the Gate for 7/6p Are there really people out there who are paying that sort of money to watch Crawley??? I keep on saying this ... it's demand and supply ... stop demanding at these crazy prices and watch the ticket prices tumble!

All utter rubbish. John atyeo could have gone to Italy, could of gone on to play more games for England, but he chose to stay semi pro. Now if maximum wage had not been around in his time and jimmy hill had got a better deal for players sooner then maybe this discussion could be heading in a different direction. Big john was a teacher first a footballer 2nd. You cannot compare the two and it would be stupid to do so. Let's not forget john also left a club to join us, for no fee, that club being Portsmouth.

This is a pretty pointless thread.

Never in my life. turned down "prem" and Italy because he know he was more than good enough. Did not have to prove a shit.

Back then you had to prove something to become anything. Now you don't have to proof anything to become something.

Obviously seen X-Factor ;) ........ some of them dudes are good but not more than that and footballers are no different.......... John was better and was loyal and it shows....... even now years on.

Actually I can't stand the current 'cult of personality'..... but I'm trying to be fair

All utter rubbish. John atyeo could have gone to Italy, could of gone on to play more games for England, but he chose to stay semi pro. Now if maximum wage had not been around in his time and jimmy hill had got a better deal for players sooner then maybe this discussion could be heading in a different direction. Big john was a teacher first a footballer 2nd. You cannot compare the two and it would be stupid to do so. Let's not forget john also left a club to join us, for no fee, that club being Portsmouth.

That's why Swedish history has become the topic.

99.99% of posts on here 'A Football forum' and all of mine are pointless, no really

Archived