IGNORED

Atyeo V Maynard

swampy

I saw John Atyeo play when I was a kid and went to the Gate with my Dad. He was, as I can remember a player who not only had the skill with his head, but for a big lad, also on the ground. He was able to run with the ball and finish.

I know it's a different game today, but IMO Nicky Maynard will never be half the player that Big John was. For a start NM can't head the ball and certainly not score a goal that way. Big John could head into the net and put his marker there at the same time, these days the Ref would blow up and disallow the goal.

Just imagine how much a player of John's quality and commitment would be worth today.

Hmm, tough call. I like them both, despite not being able to see Atyeo play as a I was just a mere swimmer enjoying life in my father's testicles.

But Atyeo v Maynard would make a great fight, if nothing else; although Sir Atyeo would probably beat Maynard into a pulp (not that he was an overly violent man or anything!)

I saw John Atyeo play when I was a kid and went to the Gate with my Dad. He was, as I can remember a player who not only had the skill with his head, but for a big lad, also on the ground. He was able to run with the ball and finish.

I know it's a different game today, but IMO Nicky Maynard will never be half the player that Big John was. For a start NM can't head the ball and certainly not score a goal that way. Big John could head into the net and put

his marker there at the same time, these days the Ref would blow up and disallow the goal.

Just imagine how much a player of John's quality and commitment would be worth today.

The keepers were crap back then mind!!

This silly thread summarises everything I love about otib.

1) Completely random and (mainly) meaningless content - with gossip.

2) Brilliant "home made" humour !! It beats watching that silly Poofta Graham Norton on TV - which my wife is doing now !

Of course some topics on here are dead serious. Especially any thread including a post from Robbored !

Archived