IGNORED

Shocking Display

Granty

Was looking forward to this game for a while, the performance I witnessed was nothing short of criminal. Woeful in all areas, far too lightweight in midfield, Woolford is not a footballer!!.

How much longer are we going to hit long balls to Maynard, won nothing all day, and hit best attempt straight at there keeper.

Crawley on the other hand looked very good, cracking full backs, and a very lively midfield, hope Del is aiming for the way they play football rather than the shite I witnessed from our 'professional' lads today.

Oh, and to make it better still, City coach broke down on way,

Was looking forward to this game for a while, the performance I witnessed was nothing short of criminal. Woeful in all areas, far too lightweight in midfield, Woolford is not a footballer!!.

How much longer are we going to hit long balls to Maynard, won nothing all day, and hit best attempt straight at there keeper.

Crawley on the other hand looked very good, cracking full backs, and a very lively midfield, hope Del is aiming for the way they play football rather than the shite I witnessed from our 'professional' lads today.

Oh, and to make it better still, City coach broke down on way,

Sounds incredibly grim Granty, you have my sympathy - it was bad enough listening on the radio, your day sounds near to intolerable.

Still, only a few more hours on the coach, unless it breaks down again of course.ohmy.gifwink.gif

Crawley did NOT look very good....just hoof ball after hoof ball and we couldn't deal

With it.

We made them look much better than they. Were

Crawleys league position tells us they are a team high on ability but more important they have confidence. Good on them for beating us. I for one want us to survive in the Championship instead of having a cup run that we can never win anyway

Not long back from the game. Disappointing but hardly surprising - they played with confidence, passion, energy and commitment, we didn't.

I don't like criticising individuals, I thought we defended pretty well, Carey was good and James looked composed and had very little to do despite their domination. Thought Skuse was ok defensively too. Attacking wise though we were non-existent, no flair, creativity or class. Struggles to control the game at all, or keep the ball or pass it. Created noting until a few half chances near the end when throwing caution to the wind. I do worry that this teak, regardless of the formation of slight shifts of personnel just doesn't have enough goal threat in it.

Not long back from the game. Disappointing but hardly surprising - they played with confidence, passion, energy and commitment, we didn't.

I don't like criticising individuals, I thought we defended pretty well, Carey was good and James looked composed and had very little to do despite their domination. Thought Skuse was ok defensively too. Attacking wise though we were non-existent, no flair, creativity or class. Struggles to control the game at all, or keep the ball or pass it. Created noting until a few half chances near the end when throwing caution to the wind. I do worry that this teak, regardless of the formation of slight shifts of personnel just doesn't have enough goal threat in it.

jesus you must have bombed it down the motorway,my bro lives in east grinstead, about 6 miles from crawley and that is a 2hr 20 min journey!!! meaning you should be about cirencester about now!!! you got a ferrari

jesus you must have bombed it down the motorway,my bro lives in east grinstead, about 6 miles from crawley and that is a 2hr 20 min journey!!! meaning you should be about cirencester about now!!! you got a ferrari

Living in Bromley helps, but I was surprised how quick it was - 45 mins ... even quicker than getting into Palace! Got to count Crawley as my most local team now. Only just over the hour to Brighton next week too.

Today was embarrassing, and there were City players that need to take a long hard look!

Crawley however, were well organised and played to there strengths, it is all very well to call it hoofball, but it is well suited to both the players they have and the division they play in, and this is reflected in their league position. They were also extremely motivated today and were first to every ball and gave us no time on the ball what so ever, it struck me that they did not allow us to play our own game what so ever and for that they deserve credit.

My concern was our inability as a team and DM to have a plan B, we could not pass through them, could not knock through balls over their 2 7 foot centre halves, at no stage did either Albert or Woolford beat a full back and cross the ball. We spent a good part of the game playing hopeful balls to Maynard which were cut out my the giant centre halves- why oh why if that was the plan, or even if that was simply all we were capable of doing, did we not bring on Stead who could at least challenge for a header???

Disappointed and disillusioned of Worthing

(mind you Brightons result was as bad, we'll be well matched next week!)

Today was embarrassing, and there were City players that need to take a long hard look!

Crawley however, were well organised and played to there strengths, it is all very well to call it hoofball, but it is well suited to both the players they have and the division they play in, and this is reflected in their league position. They were also extremely motivated today and were first to every ball and gave us no time on the ball what so ever, it struck me that they did not allow us to play our own game what so ever and for that they deserve credit.

My concern was our inability as a team and DM to have a plan B, we could not pass through them, could not knock through balls over their 2 7 foot centre halves, at no stage did either Albert or Woolford beat a full back and cross the ball. We spent a good part of the game playing hopeful balls to Maynard which were cut out my the giant centre halves- why oh why if that was the plan, or even if that was simply all we were capable of doing, did we not bring on Stead who could at least challenge for a header???

Disappointed and disillusioned of Worthing

(mind you Brightons result was as bad, we'll be well matched next week!)

Del's current plan b is a shit or bust 442, where he generally seems to make the wrong choice of who to take off in midfield. Lets hope he gets someone in to make his plan b work

Crawley did NOT look very good....just hoof ball after hoof ball and we couldn't deal

With it.

We made them look much better than they. Were

Sorry to Contradict you...but I thought they looked very good and well worth their incubant position at the top of the Table. I saw no Hoof ball after Hoof ball from Crawley.....City yes ...were you sat in the wrong end. ?

We didnt make them look much better than they were.... on the Contrary...they made us look exactly what we are...

Archived