IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal

MC RISK77

Feb will soon be upon us and sure the club will start to announce renewal prices towards mid to end feb....what are people thoughts on whether to renew next year. Times are hard and we have had a couple of rough years....just interested on peoples thoughts on whether anyone will not renew next year and resons for this?

Feb will soon be upon us and sure the club will start to announce renewal prices towards mid to end feb....what are people thoughts on whether to renew next year. Times are hard and we have had a couple of rough years....just interested on peoples thoughts on whether anyone will not renew next year and resons for this?

Ask the question again but after a win

I missed a lot of games near the end of Millens reign and have to say how easy i found other things to do. I also have a Merlin annual pass ( Alton towers, Thorpe park entry) and enjoyed using that more than watching City.

I really feel sorry for Del Boy but the football has been that bad for so long that i could easily not bother next season and i would not give it a seconds thought.

:laughcont:

We support City whatever happens

I'm doubtful, but mainly due to the fact that I've got twins on the way in March and simply won't be able to afford it. Almost 30 years following, but it looks like for the foreseeable future that following will be done on here and via radio.

Wouldn't swap my impending arrivals for the world, but the sacrifice I make to afford them is a sad but necessary one. Particularly given that I think there are exciting times ahead.

From someone who would love to continue going the the Gate, if you are able to afford it, do it. Good times are a'coming.

I'll be renewing in Feb, it represents a good discount and it is a ritual! t is easy to be down after all of the crap we have had to put up with since our second season in the Championship and after another cup defeat but I am optimistic about derek. He is still working with alot of Johnson's rejects (and coppel and millens).

No chance, got far more interesting things to do with my life than sit watching city put in good, indifferent and bad performances. if the cost dropped to 15 quid a game maybe i would have a change of heart, but with petrol costs, cost of ticket or season ticket, cost of food and drink and the quality of fair on offer, the Club can go and jump for my hard earned cash.

I will pick and choose in future, I can think of far better things to do than hear bile from our own supporters towards our players or manger, or watch mediocre passionless football.

I have followed this club through thick and thin and I am aout to say something I thought I would never say....

I'm bored with it all. The atmosphere, the turgid football, the same old soundbites from the board, the same old build up to a season only for promises to be broken. I'm fed up with the lot of it. My money will now be spent going on 2 or 3 holidays a year, at least i am getting some entertainment for my money. If I wanted to pay for torment and pain I would go and pay a dominatrix, hopefully for a short time there I might have something decent to watch before the pain came!

Renew. FACT.

Given some of the other options mentioned on this thread - Alton Towers (FFS) or 2/3 extra holidays a year (really? where for that money? Pontins?)

it's even more of a no brainer. It never has been, or will be, purely about the 90mins. It's much more than that.

CTID :city: (and there's nothing I can do to change that, I'm afraid)

Renew. FACT.

Given some of the other options mentioned on this thread - Alton Towers (FFS) or 2/3 extra holidays a year (really? where for that money? Pontins?)

it's even more of a no brainer. It never has been, or will be, purely about the 90mins. It's much more than that.

Add £10 petrol x 30 games a season = £300 and £10 x 30 food programme etc £300 straight away that is a grand and other costs involve it is a expensive outlay. I actually measured it that i would spend nearer £1300 a year or more.

£1500 is a nice outlay for some decent last minute holidays. or I could get a nice 2 or 3 week holiday in places like Thailand for that.

I am refusing to part with my hard earnt cash for boredom. The fun I used have is gone, the football has got worse and worse (that is just not us, that is football in general) The camaraderie you used to have with the players is gone, they are almost untouchable now. The atmosphere in these soulless stadiums are a disgrace, the atmosphere inside AG is a disgrace. The cost is too much. The only thing that I can think of that would keep me going is mates who go, and to be honest many of them are thinking the same way.

Following for the sake of following because you have always done it is fine, I used to think like that, but for me the excitement has gone, I want something in my life to look forward to, and for the past 6 or 7 seasons going to the gate has been a chore more than enjoyment, even in our promotion and playoff season.

Maybe I am just falling out of love with football in general!

Is the city forum or gas one? We are the team who will be starting our sixth season in the championship in august, our best run of league finishes since 1980. We also have a new manager who has achieved a point at west ham and the double over league leaders Southampton already. Our results under mciness would have us pushing for promotion and that is with only one addition of his own until foster signed. Football is expensive granted but it is still by far the best way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Come on you reds!

Renew. FACT.

Just because these things are not things you would chose to do does not make them any less valid to others. Its no different to most of Bristol not understanding our love of football or BCFC.

Saturday =football,wether watching or playing,and in a preverse way I quite enjoy the hard times,as it does make the good times even better.So I will be renewing no question.I think some people on here should join the ranks of plastic mancs,cockneys and scousers,they obviously can't handle losing more than they win.

No chance, got far more interesting things to do with my life than sit watching city put in good, indifferent and bad performances. if the cost dropped to 15 quid a game maybe i would have a change of heart, but with petrol costs, cost of ticket or season ticket, cost of food and drink and the quality of fair on offer, the Club can go and jump for my hard earned cash.

I will pick and choose in future, I can think of far better things to do than hear bile from our own supporters towards our players or manger, or watch mediocre passionless football.

I have followed this club through thick and thin and I am aout to say something I thought I would never say....

I'm bored with it all. The atmosphere, the turgid football, the same old soundbites from the board, the same old build up to a season only for promises to be broken. I'm fed up with the lot of it. My money will now be spent going on 2 or 3 holidays a year, at least i am getting some entertainment for my money. If I wanted to pay for torment and pain I would go and pay a dominatrix, hopefully for a short time there I might have something decent to watch before the pain came!

You're a lot stronger than I am, after the brain numbingly bad football from Millen and Johnson I quit end of last season. Their brand of football killed my love of the game, that's not the type of football I could ever get any enjoyment out of. Filling the team with workhorses and no creativity ended my enthusiasm, I've only just begun to learn to smile again after all this time, lord, that was dull football.

Anyway, I may grab myself a season ticket next season after my year off, it has been great to recharge the batteries, played a little golf thanks to my bosses corporate membership, enjoyed time with the kids, watched a bit of parks football and had a few days out. I'm thinking it will be like a new club next season when we say goodbye to so many of the marathon runners we have and hopefully say hello to something resembling a footballer or two. I care not if we dont win every week, what I do expect is a little bit more than long balls to nowhere time and time again and nothing being done about it. It's a fresh start in August 2012, be there for the BCFC revolution.

You're a lot stronger than I am, after the brain numbingly bad football from Millen and Johnson I quit end of last season. Their brand of football killed my love of the game, that's not the type of football I could ever get any enjoyment out of. Filling the team with workhorses and no creativity ended my enthusiasm, I've only just begun to learn to smile again after all this time, lord, that was dull football.

Anyway, I may grab myself a season ticket next season after my year off, it has been great to recharge the batteries, played a little golf thanks to my bosses corporate membership, enjoyed time with the kids, watched a bit of parks football and had a few days out. I'm thinking it will be like a new club next season when we say goodbye to so many of the marathon runners we have and hopefully say hello to something resembling a footballer or two. I care not if we dont win every week, what I do expect is a little bit more than long balls to nowhere time and time again and nothing being done about it. It's a fresh start in August 2012, be there for the BCFC revolution.

That is a very good idea, maybe i should take a complete season or two away and see if i get my love for it back. I don't even watch match of the day anymore!

I am 100% with you concerning entertainment as well

Saturday =football,wether watching or playing,and in a preverse way I quite enjoy the hard times,as it does make the good times even better.So I will be renewing no question.I think some people on here should join the ranks of plastic mancs,cockneys and scousers,they obviously can't handle losing more than they win.

I have never had a problem with losing myself but i do with being bored shitless every game. I remember fondly watching many a defeat, the difference was that maybe just maybe those players gave a shit about BCFC and that this current lot couldn't.

As to becoming a plastic.......it will never happen. If i stop going i will spend the time with my kids, doing fun things. I very rarely watch MOTD or Sky's football (even though i have a sports package) now, if i stopped watching City i imagine that would be it for my football mojo.

That is a very good idea, maybe i should take a complete season or two away and see if i get my love for it back. I don't even watch match of the day anymore!

I am 100% with you concerning entertainment as well

Seriously, try it. I got so frustrated with watching the crap, questioned why I was giving up 6 hours of my Saturday and getting little enjoyment, I had to give it a break. You'll still follow the results listen to the occasional game and treat yourself to a game or two, but in the main, Saturday will not be dominated so much with one activity, and one you aren't enjoying either. Spread your wings, their is a ton of stuff going on, cheaper, and for now, far more enjoyable.

The football is as dull now as it was under millen. it is rubbish and people tuesday were laughing at it is was that bad. Seen it before, pick adcade but that is part of it all and I would renew now if asked. not sure where it is going now McCinnes cant motivate this lot either but shall be there next season to see what he can do with his ideas and team. hopefully this 4-5-1 less than a goal game will be gone and city will attack.

brighton next week on the lash, lovely.

I have never had a problem with losing myself but i do with being bored shitless every game. I remember fondly watching many a defeat, the difference was that maybe just maybe those players gave a shit about BCFC and that this current lot couldn't.

Thing is we don't seem to sign the fire in the belly type of player any more,the Gow's etc,perhaps Del will change this with his signings,he certainly has that fire in his belly I think. :fingerscrossed:

Good shout...believe me there is more to life than BCFC and Football, though you wouldnt know that reading some posters on here.... I tend to alternate between City, Swindon and every month or so we will pick a fixture at random...depending on where business takes me. A couple of weeks ago i watched carlisle and before that I went to Norwich...which was nice...

I must say though that Ive taken my dad to 3 Swindon games this year and they are really playing some great football and are absolutley and totally trying for DC. He has got them so incredibly fit that when they played at Crawley in September they just did what Crawley Did to us today...ran them into the ground......take up fishing and recharge every week or so...you will appreciate your football more.:yes:

Archived