IGNORED

Goodfellow

Guest superbob

Guest superbob

I was down the pub the other night discussing Goody and trying to figure out if he is a flop or not. He doesn't get in the team much has a mixture of performances, gets pushed of the ball alot was bought as a right winger but has a left foot, it doesn't look good really.

yet he has scored some crucial goals, obviously the equalizer against Hartlepool (fantastic header) and set up the winner. In his first 4 or so games he scored in all off them.

Was he worth signing? I think he may have been worth it just for the Hartlepool game. what's the general opinion?

Guest superbob

I took a mate down to the Hartlepool game, he doesn't come down to the gate much and ive been trying to get him back into it. He hasn't seen Goody play before and he saw him warming up at half time and every pass he made to Leroy was miles away and his first touch was worse than a pre-pubescent boy with his first girl.

my mate was saying who is that guy he is rubbish I agreed and then he goes and scores and sets up the other. He is unpredictable you gotta give him that

I was down the pub the other night discussing Goody and trying to figure out if he is a flop or not.
5 full starts 10 games as sub (don't know how many he got on for) 6 goals.

Half a season, 5 and a bit games 22 years old, surely a bit early to be making judgements. :laugh: This obsession with instant success from signings can be very damaging. :)

Guest superbob
Half a season, 5 and a bit games 22 years old, surely a bit early to be making judgements.  This obsession with instant success from signings can be very damaging. 

Not judgment just social banter as to if people think he is worth it, looking at how young he is and his goal ratio it looks like he isn't a flop and we can hope for more from him, the only reason he is knocked is cus his goal ratio flatters his performances.

Guest superbob

It is a bit worrying that a left footer was signed to play the right wing, but with respect to goody he has played better on the right than on the left, then he hasnt had much of a run in the team of late. But when Brown is back and Rougier looking good in that position whats Goody going to do

Extracted from the BBC Website:......He added: "The goal against Brighton was the most important of my career in terms of the context of the game and for our season.

To me he aint no flop, according the bbc website he has already scored a goal against brighton(in his crystal ball)...Check out the above! :)

Guest matalan31
He started well, really well, then dipped in form, but that goal against the Monkey Swingers has made him brilliant again..

totally agree

Well I rate him quite highly. If you just look at goals per game, he's our top scorer.

For a midfielder seems able to put the ball away as well as any of our frontmen(better than some even).

Gets my vote.

And he can head the ball dispite being only 5'10"

When he first came I thought he was a great signing. But then he dipped in form and even last wednesday when he came on I still was slagging him off but he proved me wrong.

Still think he is lightweight though and doesn't get invoved enough.

Anyway will he play on sunday?

I would like to see him at least get a run out at some stage-if not from the start.

The same goes for Mr Lita(different matter i know).

Yep, Goodfellow can be a bit lightweight but,I reckon he's good enough.

COME ON. IS TIME DRAGGING NOW OR WHAT?.

marc certainly knows where the back of the net is. Scoring 6 in limted number of appearances. He looks 2 lightweight at the moment losing possession easily. However hopfully he will find a local gym soon and build up some strength. Hopfully he will get stronger as he plays more games. he certainly looks as if hes got massive potential 4 the future

Archived