IGNORED

Lets Move On.

Brizzle Jordan

Fair comment mate. Obviously, I wasn't at the game so I can't make any comment on the performance or formation/tactics. Del isn't infallible - hell he really cocked up for us in the Scottish Cup Semi last season. Still think he will keep you up though.

I think he can keep us up, just need to give some of them a kick up the ass when it comes to the really important games i.e the ones against teams around us, they don't seem to need the motivation against the Southampton's and West Hams of the world. So they have the ability, they seem to be lacking motivation.

He has his work cut out, but i am sure we can scrape home.

Couldn't agree more. He is 100% committed and I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise. At the end of the day Maynard is the best we have end of. Yeah sure he hasn't been scoring for fun but the system doesn't help him and we dont create anywhere near enough. Trouble is he can't play up top with Pitman either.

Fair play to Crawley they obviously did their homework and did a professional job on us.

There are still a few players that I am yet to be convinced about mind Dave!

Am I the only one who is totally at a loss as to why this is stated over and over again? He had one good season before getting injured and now looks nothing special.

How do we know he is the best? No one else gets a chance. and I don't mean ten minutes here and there, or the very occasional start for Pitman. Also what about Stead?

Baffled by the nailed on selection of Maynard every week.:dunno:

Am I the only one who is totally at a loss as to why this is stated over and over again? He had one good season before getting injured and now looks nothing special.

How do we know he is the best? No one else gets a chance. and I don't mean ten minutes here and there, or the very occasional start for Pitman. Also what about Stead?

Well arguably his goals helped us cross the line last season. He is obviously offering something more in Del's eyes than anyone else. For me he is getting selected on the basis he is the best to play up top in Del's 4-5-1. Maynard and Pitman don't work, and I dont think Pitman can play up top alone. Maynard has been working his ass off in previous weeks and its not for the want of trying that things haven't come off!

Perhaps Del would try Stead with Maynard, but I cant see Pitman and Maynard being played together very often if at all.

Agree Maynard had a good season, one good season the thing im worried about is del thinking maynard is un droppable, for me his touch and movement is very poor ,never make a prem striker. but del seems to be blinkered on maynard lets be clear ,he is not scoring regularly but the team is picked around him and try to supply him and him alone. this is madness maynard is not working, any other part of the team del has tried different players but maynard is the only constant in our side which at the last check isnt functioning, maybe he is the problem not the answer.

Agree Maynard had a good season, one good season the thing im worried about is del thinking maynard is un droppable, for me his touch and movement is very poor ,never make a prem striker. but del seems to be blinkered on maynard lets be clear ,he is not scoring regularly but the team is picked around him and try to supply him and him alone. this is madness maynard is not working, any other part of the team del has tried different players but maynard is the only constant in our side which at the last check isnt functioning, maybe he is the problem not the answer.

I agree he will probably fall short in the prem. I don't think anyone is un-droppable though! I wouldn't say his movement or touch is poor though! And the last few weeks he has put in a shift and worked hard, he needs another striker to share the work load. Whilst some rave about Pitman (who I do rate) I would hardly say his movement or work rate is the greatest!

Well arguably his goals helped us cross the line last season. He is obviously offering something more in Del's eyes than anyone else. For me he is getting selected on the basis he is the best to play up top in Del's 4-5-1. Maynard and Pitman don't work, and I dont think Pitman can play up top alone. Maynard has been working his ass off in previous weeks and its not for the want of trying that things haven't come off!

Perhaps Del would try Stead with Maynard, but I cant see Pitman and Maynard being played together very often if at all.

My very point. This keeps getting offered up, but at the risking of sounding like a stuck record (remember vinyl, much better than digital!!) how do we know this?

I want to see this proved by playing Pitman as the lone striker, for game after game. Then if he fails to find the net even less frequently than Maynard I will be happy to concede to the "Maynard lone striker theory".

Not going to happen though is it! :disapointed2se:

Seems we have two players that we are making a formation for that doesn't seem to be working particularly well.

As much as I defend Maynard's contract wrangles I will not pretend that I think he is brilliant and undroppable.

We play 451 to accommodate Kilpowderpuffkenny, and play Maynard up top because he is apparently the only striker who can play it (when facts would prove Maynard plays best with a partner)

We have two players who are wrecking the way we play. And it is a bit of a vicious circle. All i can think is Some of these players really impress in training.

My very point. This keeps getting offered up, but at the risking of sounding like a stuck record (remember vinyl, much better than digital!!) how do we know this?

I want to see this proved by playing Pitman as the lone striker, for game after game. Then if he fails to find the net even less frequently than Maynard I will be happy to concede to the "Maynard lone striker theory".

Not going to happen though is it! :disapointed2se:

Valid point to be fair mate. My theory on it is though, Brett is more of a fox in the box finisher, and from the type of striker Pitman is I don't think he would be able to do the lone role. I don't think he has the work rate or movement and attributes needed to fill this role. But that's my opinion, like you say it's OK to have an opinion but at the end of the day that's all it is, unless proved otherwise we can only speculate.

Don't get me wrong I rate Pitman, just don't think he could lead the line on his own! Would be very happy to be proved wrong on this though!

Seems we have two players that we are making a formation for that doesn't seem to be working particularly well.

As much as I defend Maynard's contract wrangles I will not pretend that I think he is brilliant and undroppable.

We play 451 to accommodate Kilpowderpuffkenny, and play Maynard up top because he is apparently the only striker who can play it (when facts would prove Maynard plays best with a partner)

We have two players who are wrecking the way we play. And it is a bit of a vicious circle. All i can think is Some of these players really impress in training.

Yeah with you on this mate. I defend the Maynard situation but he certainly shouldn't be an automatic selection regardless! Gives the wrong message out to everyone.

Valid point to be fair mate. My theory on it is though, Brett is more of a fox in the box finisher, and from the type of striker Pitman is I don't think he would be able to do the lone role. I don't think he has the work rate or movement and attributes needed to fill this role. But that's my opinion, like you say it's OK to have an opinion but at the end of the day that's all it is, unless proved otherwise we can only speculate.

Don't get me wrong I rate Pitman, just don't think he could lead the line on his own! Would be very happy to be proved wrong on this though!

Pitman is very much a fox in the box who gets his chances through his movement off the ball, he is also very good at linking with his strike partner. One thing he is not is a player who will lead the line on his own, he needs someone up with him to ensure he can make these runs with another striker with him to also keep the defence occupied.

I would have liked to have seen Maynard and Pitman play together long enough to get an understanding, clearly Maynard gets one or two marking him every game, I think Pitman would have benefited from the space Maynard would have created for him

Pitman is very much a fox in the box who gets his chances through his movement off the ball, he is also very good at linking with his strike partner. One thing he is not is a player who will lead the line on his own, he needs someone up with him to ensure he can make these runs with another striker with him to also keep the defence occupied.

I would have liked to have seen Maynard and Pitman play together long enough to get an understanding, clearly Maynard gets one or two marking him every game, I think Pitman would have benefited from the space Maynard would have created for him

Possibly yeah but from what I have seen I am not sure they work together. Perhaps if they were given a longer run together they may be more effective. Or maybe they do work and we don't have the midfield to provide them with the right service or passes at the right time, or players to play to their strengths together as an attacking pair?

We could be in trouble then.

Actually how de know that?, nobody has been given 'a proper chance' certainly not in the way that Maynard has, starting every game come what may. Pitman given another 10 minutes today.

Correct and Pitman made more positive contributions in those 10 minutes than Maynard did in 90. Again.

I'd like to think from all the hype about McInnes that he's a good manager but if he seriously thinks that Maynard is consistently worth a startahead of Pitman on the evidence of the last 10 games never mind before McInnes arrived then I fear for the worse.

Correct and Pitman made more positive contributions in those 10 minutes than Maynard did in 90. Again.

I'd like to think from all the hype about McInnes that he's a good manager but if he seriously thinks that Maynard is consistently worth a startahead of Pitman on the evidence of the last 10 games never mind before McInnes arrived then I fear for the worse.

So Pitman outshone Maynard against Millwall then!? I rate Brett and I no he hasn't had a lot of game time but he hardly contributed more than Maynard against Millwall. Pitman has not got the attributes to play up top alone which is the current system we are using.

So Pitman outshone Maynard against Millwall then!? I rate Brett and I no he hasn't had a lot of game time but he hardly contributed more than Maynard against Millwall. Pitman has not got the attributes to play up top alone which is the current system we are using.

You are looking at just one game. Maynard has been shockingly abysmal all season.

When Maynard isnt scoring he contributes very little. Oh yes he tries to charge the keeper down about half a dozen times a game which will result in something once in a blue moon but other than that - nothing.

Pitman has a better all round game, would have scored just as many if not more than Maynard given the chance and works and plays for the team.

You are looking at just one game. Maynard has been shockingly abysmal all season.

When Maynard isnt scoring he contributes very little. Oh yes he tries to charge the keeper down about half a dozen times a game which will result in something once in a blue moon but other than that - nothing.

Pitman has a better all round game, would have scored just as many if not more than Maynard given the chance and works and plays for the team.

Abysmal all season? I would hardly say 8 goals in a struggling side when starved of service is abysmal! I didn't think he was abysmal at leciester. Yeah sure he could have had more but to say Pitman has more to his game is wide of the mark. Sure Maynard has had poor games but he has had as many good games, and certainly worked hard enough the last few weeks. As soon as he does something wrong or has a bad game then people are on his back again.

Now I rate Brett as much as the next man, but it does make you wonder why he hasn't been given a fair go at it from two managers now!? If he was complete as some people make out then why are clubs not sniffing around him, given that he can't get a game!?

Abysmal all season? I would hardly say 8 goals in a struggling side when starved of service is abysmal! I didn't think he was abysmal at leciester. Yeah sure he could have had more but to say Pitman has more to his game is wide of the mark. Sure Maynard has had poor games but he has had as many good games, and certainly worked hard enough the last few weeks. As soon as he does something wrong or has a bad game then people are on his back again.

Now I rate Brett as much as the next man, but it does make you wonder why he hasn't been given a fair go at it from two managers now!? If he was complete as some people make out then why are clubs not sniffing around him, given that he can't get a game!?

Pitman is a bit of a slacker on the training ground, he makes his choice not to put the hard graft in, he doesn't get the rewards. People don't see that though.

Probably one of the reasons two managers have failed to pick him regularly.

and if Maynard is as good as your bigging him up, why aren't prem clubs sniffing around him, possibly his 1 goal in the past 8 games (which was probably going in anyway) and his 9 game goaless run, 2 missed penalties perhaps. Leicester fans must be so glad that the Swedish muppet failed in his ridiculous bid for Maynard and are going to get the real deal for half the money in Billy Sharp and not our vastly overrated boy.

Do share.

I will not drop the person who knows this stuff in it. But I believe if you want some proof out in the open media, take a look at what Claridge says about him when he played with him.

He is a bad trainer, compared to others.

Abysmal all season? I would hardly say 8 goals in a struggling side when starved of service is abysmal!

Maynard's performances have been abysmal, I think most people agree on that.

Pitman would have scored as many if not more.

Pitman's goals per game for City has been better than Maynard's every season. His record at Bournemouth was better than Maynard's at Crewe. Thats a fact.

He contributes more all round and works harder for and plays more for the team. Thats my opinion, based in no small part on some of the ridiculous shots Maynard has had this season with next to zero chance of scoring. In my opinion his interest is solely in scoring sufficient goals to persuade a Premier League team to buy him. But he's not scoring enough goals and his performances our dragging the team as whole down.

Maynard's performances have been abysmal, I think most people agree on that.

Pitman would have scored as many if not more.

Pitman's goals per game for City has been better than Maynard's every season. His record at Bournemouth was better than Maynard's at Crewe. Thats a fact.

He contributes more all round and works harder for and plays more for the team. Thats my opinion, based in no small part on some of the ridiculous shots Maynard has had this season with next to zero chance of scoring. In my opinion his interest is solely in scoring sufficient goals to persuade a Premier League team to buy him. But he's not scoring enough goals and his performances our dragging the team as whole down.

Come off it, when Maynard was the messiah in his 20 goal season he scored from taking ridiculous shots, you are making things up to justify your argument. the way he plays has not changed one iota

I will not drop the person who knows this stuff in it. But I believe if you want some proof out in the open media, take a look at what Claridge says about him when he played with him.

He is a bad trainer, compared to others.

So lets just say what you say has substance.

Pitman slacks in training but does the business and scores more goals per game - which overall this season compared with Maynard he has - and works harder, when it matters, on the pitch.

Maynard on the other hand trains well but in the main has turned in abject performances when it matters and so gets to play.

On that basis we may as well just sign a load of marines, they'd put the hard work in training.

Archived