IGNORED

A Challenge For Someone

The Humble Realist

Yeah, that's the sort of inconsistency that needs to be improved. Looks just as much a red card as the Kompany one if not more so.

But Johnson didn't even touch the player. It was a clean tackle and can hardly be called a lunge as he had both feet off the ground in a very controlled manner. innocent06.gif

Definitely a red card- I said it to the missus last night (though I don't think she sees it as such a burning issue). However, I don't think it's any worse than the Kompany tackle, they're both bad challenges. The one mitigation would be that Johnson was angled away from where Lescott's standing leg would be, lessening the chance of serious contact. Should still have been a sending off though

Consistency is what we all want. Taking the law as it's written you could argue rooneys overhead kick v man city last year shouldn't of stood, Richards ducked to avoid his feet, is that dangerous play. As far as I can tell reading the laws any scissor kick or overhead kick is dangerous, should they be banned.

The fa or FIFA need to sort the law out and let refs know what they want and ban refs for bad decisions inconsistency not demote them to the championship, still get paid so where's the punishment.

Pretty sure they can. If I remember rightly the FA only have their hands tied if a referee acts on an incident, e.g. they can't upgrade a yellow to a red.

The FA only punish someone after the game if the ref missed the incident, as he seen the Johnson tackle and did'nt think there was anything wrong the FA our powerless to do anything.

The FA only punish someone after the game if the ref missed the incident, as he seen the Johnson tackle and did'nt think there was anything wrong the FA our powerless to do anything.

Pathetic though, the ref got it wrong so it should punished, just like diving etc should be punished after a game if proven.

How do we know the ref did see it, he doesn't acknowledge every tackle. The ref bottled it, pure and simple and it is exactly this type of thing where the FA should step in, similar to Rugby rules.

Must be infuriating as a manager to see your player sent off a few days earlier and then this goes by without punishment. Has the ref come out and said anything ie, I didn't see it?

Archived