IGNORED

Fonts Signs New Deal

oldfield

Great news all down to Del and Doc. This cannot be underestimated. Pick any ten city fans and ask them ther starting line up and i guarrantee Fontaine will be in every one. Only Albert would join him but even then he has his moaners (dist, goals, dropping too deep etc).

Given he was on his way to Southampton and deal expires this summer Im actually amazed.

Sadly I still wouldn't be that surprised to see Fonts go, either in the January window or more likely the summer, but he's had the decency to protect the club's financial interests.

A little example to another 1st team player on how it should be done innocent06.gif

Well done Fonts and proof that all footballers don't have to be greedy ****s

Great news all down to Del and Doc. This cannot be underestimated. Pick any ten city fans and ask them ther starting line up and i guarrantee Fontaine will be in every one. Only Albert would join him but even then he has his moaners (dist, goals, dropping too deep etc).

Given he was on his way to Southampton and deal expires this summer Im actually amazed.

I would suggest that the following would be in every team:

James

Fontaine

McGivern

Elliott

Adomah

Pearson

You have got to laugh at this thread. Back in August most of this forum were saying that we should sell him to Southampton and that he was/is not good enough for us. Now everyone is praising him and commenting how inportant he is to us. Make your minds up.

You have got to laugh at this thread. Back in August most of this forum were saying that we should sell him to Southampton and that he was/is not good enough for us. Now everyone is praising him and commenting how inportant he is to us. Make your minds up.

You are right in some cases, but I never ever said anything of the sort - I'm sure a good majority of City fans have always rated Liam very highly. In fact, I often think he's very unsung amongst our supporters compared to others.

Not I fella; was desperate for him to stay back then.

Unfortunately I felt the willingness of Millen to let him go was one of the final nails in the coffin for me in terms of Keith's ability to take us forward.

What? It was just a small handful of people saying sell him in the summer, and not the same posters that are now posting how pleased they are he's staying. I expect very few people have changed their minds? It's a forum - there's someone holding just about every view.

Not I fella; was desperate for him to stay back then.

Unfortunately I felt the willingness of Millen to let him go was one of the final nails in the coffin for me in terms of Keith's ability to take us forward.

I agree, although I think by listening to Fontaine's interview, it sounds like had lost faith in the previous regime and the direction the club were heading - it sounds very much as though Del and Doc have given him a new lease of life and convinced him he's at the right club for his career - in fact, he pretty much said that word for word. Good signs for the club and a positive reflection on the new management team.

Archived