IGNORED

Fonts Signs New Deal

oldfield

Very pleased hes signed, great player! although as devils advocate lets hope he manages to get over his injury problems....was it ever released why he failed the medical at Southampton?

Im sure he will have release clauses in this contract, something Maynard would have had if he had any inclination to do the honerable thing!

By far the best news we've had in ages. So pleased he's signed and shows that he believes in what the manager is doing here - I expect him to be made club captain permanently when Louis retires. Refreshing to see some loyalty and appreciation for the club too, well done Liam.

Fontaine is one of those players who has got better and better as he's gained experience. He's now the most solid defender at the club imo and like others I'm delighted he's signed new contract. I would have been disappointed, but not surprised had he moved during the summer.

I wonder if his contract stipulates that he has a paycut should we get relegated.

Almost certainly I would suggest , given our precarious position. There is probably a minimum release clause as well , as I'm sure Fonts would want out should we get relegated.

Archived