IGNORED

Leroy Lita Maybe?

Andy082005

This was mentioned on a Swansea forum a while back it could be any two from Beattie, Dobbie, Cotterell and Lita plus cash for Greedy Boy. Personally i would like Beattie and Dobbie it never works to bring old players back

Best tell that to Wenger and Henry then!

Genuine question RE Lita: didn't he sign a contract extension just prior to his move to Reading, giving us a bigger fee, or am I imagining that?

Either way, I'd be more than happy with Dobbie and some cash, but I'd be wary with bringing back Lita. Not due to his 'attitude' or anything like that, just that we have Pittman who can fill the 'finisher' role, and it would make more sense to get a different type of player in.

Anyway, Lita plus either money or another player would represent a big loss of Swansea; he cost them £1.75 million only this summer.

Lita is a decent striker at this level so on one hand i like the idea of him coming back. But he is definately a bad egg so im not sure he would fit into mcinesses mould of hard working proffessional players. It does sound like rubbish to me as lita is surely more proven at that level than maynard. so why would they want to get rid? Il snap their hands off for dobbie though!

Lita is a finisher, a fox-in-the-box, and not much else. Given that, can anyone say that he's good enough at doing it?

He had one good season in League One for City, and since then:

20 goals in 83 for Reading - poor for a "finisher"

3 in 8 on loan at Charlton and 7 in 16 at Norwich - not bad

20 in 78 at M'boro - again, poor for a "finisher"

2 in 11 at Swansea

No thanks

Genuine question RE Lita: didn't he sign a contract extension just prior to his move to Reading, giving us a bigger fee, or am I imagining that?

You're thinking of Darren Barnard just before he moved to Barnsley for £800k I think.

Lita's a complete cock in terms of attitude and IMO isn't a very good player these days and he's only made something like 20 starts a season over his career. I don't want him personally.

Dobbie I know little about but I think the principle ought to be we should only accept a p/x if McInnes would have bought the player at what he's valued at in the deal even if Maynard wasn't going in the other direction.

You're thinking of Darren Barnard just before he moved to Barnsley for £800k I think.

Lita's a complete cock in terms of attitude and IMO isn't a very good player these days and he's only made something like 20 starts a season over his career. I don't want him personally.

Dobbie I know little about but I think the principle ought to be we should only accept a p/x if McInnes would have bought the player at what he's valued at in the deal even if Maynard wasn't going in the other direction.

Ah right, sorry about that, must have got confused.

Amen to the 'complete cock' statement by the way. I heard that Boro fans were less then keen on his 'made it' attitude too. I think we'd be better sticking by Pittman myself.

I've always thought Dobbie a decent player and despite not having scored a tonne since moving from Scotland he's been part of two different successful teams in the championship, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of what he can do for us.

But I agree; if he is simply a make-weight, no thanks. But I imagine Del will be very aware of him, having both played and managed against him in Scottish League one and knowing of his achievements at this level.

Put it this way; had we been linked with him independently of the Maynard transfer I'd be pleased, so I'd be more than happy to get him part-exchange.

My concern with everyone seemingly going ott with Dobbie, is age. He is 29, We have already signed a 29 year old in Pearson. Would signing Dobbie as being part of the deal, confirm a reverse in policy from the Summer whereby we were supposing to look to the future in terms of signing players who would have a transfer value or a significant future in the game.

Dobbie and Pearson, because of age would have neither by the end of their contracts (especially if Pearson's is extended before the Summer). Foster at 26 could increase in value as he should be in his prime, but having aging players in key positions would put us back in the position of having to fill these positions again, relatively shortly and at further cost, which is what I thought the club was trying to move away from

This is true.

However, if we can get a player in to help us avoid relegation this season who is 28/29 on maybe a 6 to 18 month contract I don't think that is awful business.

You are totally right in that we should be looking to build for the future, but I'd rather slightly older short term options capable of helping us right now, like Pearson, than longer term prospects who might end up having to help us escape league one next year.

Plus, it's not like we'll not have a fair few leaving this summer (if nt this window) when Del will have a bit more time to make longer term adjustments.

But you are right, just don't think signing an experienced and recently successful at this level player as that big a risk right now.

My concern with everyone seemingly going ott with Dobbie, is age. He is 29, We have already signed a 29 year old in Pearson. Would signing Dobbie as being part of the deal, confirm a reverse in policy from the Summer whereby we were supposing to look to the future in terms of signing players who would have a transfer value or a significant future in the game.

Dobbie and Pearson, because of age would have neither by the end of their contracts (especially if Pearson's is extended before the Summer). Foster at 26 could increase in value as he should be in his prime, but having aging players in key positions would put us back in the position of having to fill these positions again, relatively shortly and at further cost, which is what I thought the club was trying to move away from

i think that was more to do with the previous manager unable to attract established players,

A Shift in policy is needed as we have just failed on all fronts until del got here, buying youngsters is great but you need the correct blend of experance as well and we don't really have enough of that ether

I can remember Lita's interview after the boro game where he explained his celebration and to me it sounded as if he had matured and was ready to try and kick start his career which it appeared he had by getting his premier league move. I would have him back because he's different to what we have, he can hold the ball up and bring others into play.

still dont understand why some of you still have bad feeling towards Lita - remember it was Danny Wilson who bottled playing him in the league 1 play off final (from memory) despite him scoring for fun, Wilson thought he didnt have the experience. If i was him i too would have ****ed off too, which he did and continued scoring vital goals for fun. Yes, he looks and acts like an arse but seriously, it wasnt his fault he left here

If he does come back tho, can we still sing " lita, Lita, you are a f'in ****, you're born a ****, you'll die a ****, you are an f'in ****"??

still dont understand why some of you still have bad feeling towards Lita - remember it was Danny Wilson who bottled playing him in the league 1 play off final (from memory) despite him scoring for fun, Wilson thought he didnt have the experience. If i was him i too would have ****ed off too, which he did and continued scoring vital goals for fun. Yes, he looks and acts like an arse but seriously, it wasnt his fault he left here

If he does come back tho, can we still sing " lita, Lita, you are a f'in ****, you're born a ****, you'll die a ****, you are an f'in ****"??

Has anyone said it was??!

Just wondering..

He left the season after that.

Or my personal favourite, "um bongo um bongo, Lita'a from the Congo'......which is odd because he played for England!

Getting 2 established champ players with some prem experience plus some dough in replacement for a lad who's contract is running down and finishing at the end of the season is the deal of the century. I suppose it depends on how much longer these guys have got on their Swans contract as to how likely it is. It looks messy and unlikely to me but on face value I'd say "welcome aboard boys and cheerio Nick, thanks for the memories".

Does anyone else think that 28/29 is no age for a professional footballer? If Giggs can still look sharp at 37 then these guys have got plenty left in the tank. Sheringham was a great striker for Utd in the "twighlight" of his career at the very highest level

no, but the hate towards him, i always presumed, was because he left (bettered himself).........

I dont think it is. He was'nt liked when he was here...

People said he was up his own arse. I've also heard stories that he would "take" peoples girlfriends when he was down town....

I'm sure there are more stories..

heard a few stories about him, but with the gestapo admin on here i'm best keeping schtum. for the record the bloke sounds a total plank and a thoroughly unpleasant chap. don't care if he scores goals, he's a menace to have in the city. as someone else notes, think there'd be a few people lining up to have a word with him if he did :shutup:

I'd personally have him back in a heartbeat. I have heard a few rather unpleasent stories about how he used to act on nights out, but I can only call it as I see it and he was a bloody good player for us who was always seemed commited and always put a shift in.

Technically he isn't as good as Maynard, but he is quicker, stronger, better in the air, offers much better movement and is much more of a pest for the opposition defenders.

Having said all this I highly doubt Swansea will want to give him to us, he pretty much always comes off the bench and is first in line to start when Graham is unavailable. And they only signed him in the summer after all.

Nether thought I say this because I think man is a nasty big headed twa# (good sources)

However I must agree with the previous posters, this bloke can score goals and goals is what we need. Hand on hart I think he will be more dangerous than NM in the championship, as history will tell us.

Let the black watch take care of the attitude problems. (no pun intended, reference to nasty, hard Scottish regiment):closedeyes:

I dont think it is. He was'nt liked when he was here...

People said he was up his own arse. I've also heard stories that he would "take" peoples girlfriends when he was down town....

I'm sure there are more stories..

"take" people's girlfriends?? As in kidnap them?

....or were there girlfriends just sluts who wanted to say they slept with a footballer!?

Archived