IGNORED

Another Sweaty On The Radar ?

glynriley

So, you wouldn't regard Albert as having been that promising a signing then...?

The stats of which you speak are very slightly better than Alberts, so im not really sure what point you are trying to make??

I read the article as templeton playing mainly as a striker, I must of miss read it but 11 from 70 games in a league such as the SPL is not that great even for an attacking winger! As I mentioned in my original post I don't know much about him apart from what the stats say, so I am happy to eat my words!

God forbid we sign another winger that performs like he has..! :facepalm:

I watched Templeton vs Hibs the other week and I agree he and Black looked the best players on the pitch but he seemed to strongly favour his right foot despite playing left wing.

Wouldn't be disappointed with a fit Driver either

What , like this you mean ?

http://prettydarkhorse.hubpages.com/hub/Danica-Patrick-One-of-the-Most-Beautiful-Woman-in-the-World-of-Sports-Car-Racing

Back when he played alongside Gary Caldwell McManus was easily the better of the two IMHO.

Cannot count the number of times Caldwell's total lack of positional awareness saw him bailed out by McManus.

Was totally shocked that Caldwell is playing premier league not McManus, although that might be down to the former's... shall we say... 'lack of finesse'...

By which I mean he isn't exactly a decent passer and tend to give forwards 'something to think about' more often than not...

Always liked him though.

Is anyone else finding this refreshing under KM we were not linked to any players of note that I can remember. Everyday since the transfer window opened we have been linked to alot of good quality signings yes 90% are not true but it is getting our clubs name out there.

Back when he played alongside Gary Caldwell McManus was easily the better of the two IMHO.

Cannot count the number of times Caldwell's total lack of positional awareness saw him bailed out by McManus.

Was totally shocked that Caldwell is playing premier league not McManus, although that might be down to the former's... shall we say... 'lack of finesse'...

By which I mean he isn't exactly a decent passer and tend to give forwards 'something to think about' more often than not...

Always liked him though.

Actually couldn't disagree more. McManus is cumbersome, ball watches, recklessly dives in at stupid, stupid moments and hardly won anything in the air. His distribution was also shocking. Had a few decent seasons for scoring goals from set-pieces, and makes a few 'solid tackles' which would probably get a few easily pleased fans onside, but overall Gary Caldwell is a far superior player. Only thing that lets him down is knowing any second he could easily score an own-goal, give up a chance to the opposition out of nothing or get sent-off.

Actually couldn't disagree more. McManus is cumbersome, ball watches, recklessly dives in at stupid, stupid moments and hardly won anything in the air. His distribution was also shocking. Had a few decent seasons for scoring goals from set-pieces, and makes a few 'solid tackles' which would probably get a few easily pleased fans onside, but overall Gary Caldwell is a far superior player. Only thing that lets him down is knowing any second he could easily score an own-goal, give up a chance to the opposition out of nothing or get sent-off.

Fair enough; that is the beauty of opinions , everyone has their own.

I'd not argue with McManus' tendency to go overboard in terms of tackles, but I always thought him more alert than Cauldwell and a significantly better organiser and leader of the defence.

But that is just my opinion and I guess we must respectfully disagree.

Fair enough; that is the beauty of opinions , everyone has their own.

I'd not argue with McManus' tendency to go overboard in terms of tackles, but I always thought him more alert than Cauldwell and a significantly better organiser and leader of the defence.

But that is just my opinion and I guess we must respectfully disagree.

No, I'm sorry, that simply won't do. I'm an internet troll and I demand that this descends into a petty argument that moves wildly away from the original debate!!

But seriously, I can't argue with your points. Playing with Caldwell you had to be alert, and McManus was club captain so although it appeared to me he'd just clap his hands and shout 'come on!' a lot, he must have had more strings to his leadership bow than that. Interesting that for years as a Celtic fan during and after the Caldwell/McManus partnership I've continually berated them both as a defensive partnership, yet with them together we won titles and reached Champions League knock-out stages, so perhaps I'm just being overly critical.

11 goals in 70 games is not all that bad.Aye he is good very good.He has been compared to the late great Davie Cooper,bye Terry Butcher him self.He said players off Templeton,s ability only come around once in every 12 years for Scotland.And he played with Cooper,the man Rudy Gulliot said was world class.And should have went and played in Seria A.If any off you watched Spurs Hearts,the 0 0 game.He stood out and has a great game.Swansea City are meant to be watching him.So you would do well to land him.He has fast feet,and is clever.Has set up a few goals,with back heals.And he is a good crosser off the ball on the run.It his skill that makes him stand out,he goes bye players.And goes and does it again for fun.Just like Davie Cooper once did.How Templton has not been called up for Scotland yet,I will never know.He is better than Driver,who has made our squad.Another winger your getting linked to.

I must admit i don't know much about him, is he that promising? The article (with 11 goals in 70) would suggest otherwise.

He is a winger so what is up with that stat?His job is to make goals and he does.Terry Butcher said that a talent like his,only comes around once in ever 12 years for Scotland.And made comparisions about him,with the late great Davie Cooper.Who he used to play with at Rangers.Templeton is a entertainer,old school type wingers with speed and tricks.He has a good cross on the run to.And makes things happen for the people about him.He is better than Craig Conway,who has been capped bye Scotland.And is doing well at Cardiff City.Why Templeton has not had his chance with Scotland yet I will never know.When we are looking at players like Stewart and Phillips and Henry from championship clubs.

Haggis is less fattening that a pie? have my doubts.

Templeton has scored 11 in 70... not prolific for a striker but then again they say he's a bit of a winger too.

Do we need him? Is he the 2 wood in the bag?

He is a winger never saw him play striker for Hearts.He played striker in my nephews youth team in Glasgow.And he said he never stood out.And there was better players in the team than him.OK that was years ago,from what I have saw off Temps.He has really impressed me,would take him to Rangers in a heart beat and Driver as well.

No, I'm sorry, that simply won't do. I'm an internet troll and I demand that this descends into a petty argument that moves wildly away from the original debate!!

But seriously, I can't argue with your points. Playing with Caldwell you had to be alert, and McManus was club captain so although it appeared to me he'd just clap his hands and shout 'come on!' a lot, he must have had more strings to his leadership bow than that. Interesting that for years as a Celtic fan during and after the Caldwell/McManus partnership I've continually berated them both as a defensive partnership, yet with them together we won titles and reached Champions League knock-out stages, so perhaps I'm just being overly critical.

Celtic made the last 16 off the C.L twice with them.And to the uefa cup final if I mind right.I am with the other guy,dont rate McManus at all.Caldwell is a much better player,more adaptable to and can play the holding midfield role.He is good in there,as he is a really good passer off the ball.McManus sold a goal against Lichtenstein for Scotland.Instead off dropping him,we play him against Spain.And he gets the ball caught in the flood lights,and Spain score.I will say this again to you all.Gary Kenneth is the guy you should be going for.If you can stop him moving to Blackpool,who tried to get him before for £100 000.And try and spend that money on Murray Davidson,or creative Paul McGowan.Or Kenny McLean who uses both feet,but can play wide left.He is more off a box to box goal scoring midfielder,who can also play off the loan striker.Just a kid but looks like he is going to be some player,reminds me off a young Gary McAllister.Hear Wolves and Burnley are looking at him.Hope Stark calls him up for the under 21 game with Holland.One off the best young kids,that I have saw come through in Scottish football for a long time.Think you could steal him for half a million.And sell him on for at least seven times that,in two seasons easily.

Archived