IGNORED

Another Sweaty On The Radar ?

glynriley

Dunno about Alex Salmonds plans for devolution in Scotland but at this rate City will be the Stranraer of the South....

It will be a sad day when Pies are replaced by Haggis at halftime..:laughcont:

looking at my waist line post xmas that will be a good thing

In fairness, with Del and Doc at the helm, I imagine we'll be linked with every Scottish player being touted in England.

My thoughts exactly.

These reports are very clever, linking an ex-SPL player and manager with available Scottish players...............speechless-smiley-040.gif

Tricky, fast and very direct winger who has been linked with the old firm previously. Good age too and has improved pretty much year-on-year.

Not sure what position he'd be filling here, although has put in some cracking performances at left-wing before.

Having both ol' Uncle Albert and Templeton on the wings would certainly give teams something to think about.

Nice to be linked with and signing attacking players (Dobbie, Templeton, Pearson) and to be resigning/signing defenders (Fonts, Foster), but am I the only one praying we're looking at central midfield options too?

Tricky, fast and very direct winger who has been linked with the old firm previously. Good age too and has improved pretty much year-on-year.

Not sure what position he'd be filling here, although has put in some cracking performances at left-wing before.

Having both ol' Uncle Albert and Templeton on the wings would certainly give teams something to think about.

Nice to be linked with and signing attacking players (Dobbie, Templeton, Pearson) and to be resigning/signing defenders (Fonts, Foster), but am I the only one praying we're looking at central midfield options too?

If we are really going to pull further away from the bottom three we need someone to cover fonts to play alongside wilson/tanga with experience. A central midfielder who has more than one prime skill e.g playmaker who can tackle or attacking midfielder. A striker who can hold the ball up for maynard/pitman.

I'd be happy with giving Taylor/stead a run and signing a CB and CM though.

If we are really going to pull further away from the bottom three we need someone to cover fonts to play alongside wilson/tanga with experience. A central midfielder who has more than one prime skill e.g playmaker who can tackle or attacking midfielder. A striker who can hold the ball up for maynard/pitman.

I'd be happy with giving Taylor/stead a run and signing a CB and CM though.

This. :fingerscrossed:

If (big IF...) Maynard leaves, plus Taylor is long term out and Clarkson/Stead are out of favour THEN I'd suggest we'd need another front man (maybe Dobbie in exchange is rumours are true), but with the aforementioned & Pittman I don't think that are would be the biggest priority.

Although Templeton would by no means be a bad addition IMHO, the question really is would he be an ESSENTIAL addition RIGHT NOW? I think the answer is likely a 'no'. With Yannick, Albert, Pearson, Woolford, JCR and Foster at a push (not saying they are all ideal or in favour, just on the books) another winger would be a luxury, unless we shifted one or more of the above.

You're quite right, even though it is great news Fonts has signed a new deal, and that Carey is back and we're got Foster in, we need more experience/depth in the back line.

And as for a midfielder with more than one prime skill; that would be great, although I'd take one with just one CONSISTENT performer there frankly. For me asides from Elliott the other options seem to run hot and cold. If he really is for sale I'd think Paul Green at Derby would be an excellent addition, as I've banged on about before. No info other than internet rumours he's available btw or that we even know about him, just reading Sky Sports.

I must admit i don't know much about him, is he that promising? The article (with 11 goals in 70) would suggest otherwise.

So, you wouldn't regard Albert as having been that promising a signing then...?

The stats of which you speak are very slightly better than Alberts, so im not really sure what point you are trying to make??

God forbid we sign another winger that performs like he has..! :facepalm:

Archived