IGNORED

Stead

GrahamC

Whilst all the talk has been about where Maynard might end up I can't see today's move for Chris Wood as meaning anything but that Stead is free to move on.

Apart from a short appearance as a sub on Boxing Day he's not featured at all under Del since his first game and forget all that "he's been injured" nonsense, he's been in training now for about 4 weeks and he didn't even get on as a sub against Crawley when Clarkson did.

If I was a betting man I'd expect him gone (on loan at least) by January 31st......

i always liked stead, worked hard, tireless runner, held it up, just what we have needed the past few weeks, especially at crawley i thought.

linked with a return home to huddersfield recently.

always liked him, and came across very intelligent in interviews/on fan days.

if he goes, i wish him well.

I would have written pretty much the same and then added a caveat as follows:-

I always thought he was relatively easy to push off the ball, ran into imaginary brick walls and was not as effective as he might have been. In short, he was almost the solution.

Perhaps more interesting to note that Brighton may take him when, previously, they had Chris Wood. Be interesting, over time, to judge just who is the better player. Funny old game.

I would have written pretty much the same and then added a caveat as follows:-

I always thought he was relatively easy to push off the ball, ran into imaginary brick walls and was not as effective as he might have been. In short, he was almost the solution.

Perhaps more interesting to note that Brighton may take him when, previously, they had Chris Wood. Be interesting, over time, to judge just who is the better player. Funny old game.

It certainly is...footballers are no different to racehorces in this respect sometimes a change in stable, different handling by different trainer, can work wonders. He wouldnt be the first footballer to improve for a move and probably wont be the last.

Do any of you remember Kenny Burns... Cloughie took a Scottish Animal from Birmingham and but him back in the Centre of defence ( he was playing as a striker ) and made him into PWA Player of the year in 77-78....

It certainly is...footballers are no different to racehorces in this respect sometimes a change in stable, different handling by different trainer, can work wonders. He wouldnt be the first footballer to improve for a move and probably wont be the last.

Do any of you remember Kenny Burns... Cloughie took a Scottish Animal from Birmingham and but him back in the Centre of defence ( he was playing as a striker ) and made him into PWA Player of the year in 77-78....

Kenny Burns... the Jimmy Saville in the box for Cloughie. what a team that was.

Archived