IGNORED

The Gas

SecretSam

I don't want the sags to go bust, as that would be sad for a city the size of Bristol to only be able to support one club. To be honest, I would feel a little bit for the sag fans because deluded or not, it is the club they love and follow, though I sure as hell can't understand why.

Please don't confuse that with any compassion for the sags though, as the further they fall, the louder I'll laugh. Think about it ........ no gas, then we'll have nobody to laugh at. I just want them to keep the laughs coming and at least it keeps our own problems in perspective.

Tbh, I can't see them dropping into the Conference, though I can live in hope I suppose!!

I'd rather have the Gas in the Championship with us.

Also...I'd like Swindon, Yeovil and Bournemouth to be in the Championship.

Having localish derby's is great fun and also the banter with mates is much more fun too.

Playing to a full house at the Gate and away, to all those teams, would make for an attractive season imho.

I agree with Spudski. I imagine there are quite a few on here that have never even been to a league Bristol derby, its been so long.

I can tell you that some of my best memories (and worst) came from watching the derbies with Rovers while growing up. Taught me how to behave when we win and how to behave when we lose.

It was these sorts of matches that kept me going back for more.

As for "the weaker they get, the stonger we get", I don't buy that at all. Unless someone ploughs some serious money into us, we'll bob along at championship / league 1 level forever, regardless of where rovers are.

I agree with everyone, if that's possible...

I'm enjoying them being two divisions below us - but there is also nothing like a derby match.

I also don't hate the gas, because I respect the fact that there fans support their local club, instead of a prem club.

I wouldnt want them to go bust, but it would be good for us and make us a bigger club in the very long term.

New bloke here, cmon peeps, without our friends from over the river the whole bristol buzz would be gone, forget more kids growing up and becoming city fans, forget more money for the club we all love, forget the pain that those sags will feel as they drop cos without them we would'nt be who we are today, with all the memories of all the great derbies over the years ( my first was at eastville stood on the tote end and watching city piss them 5.0, me thinks John Galley scored a hat trick but i might be wrong ) like life you need ying and yang, i hate to say it but we need the gas as a measure...or am i going mad ?

I agree with everyone, if that's possible...

I'm enjoying them being two divisions below us - but there is also nothing like a derby match.

I also don't hate the gas, because I respect the fact that there fans support their local club, instead of a prem club.

I wouldnt want them to go bust, but it would be good for us and make us a bigger club in the very long term.

I'd say that is about my position too, as contradictory as it is!

Nothing like a derby, but when they are doing better (even slightly better) or are even being successful at a lower level their fans are unbearable.

The little smile their relegation to the conference would raise would be out weighed by the fact derby games would be even less likely.

Nothing like a derby, but when they are doing better (even slightly better) or are even being successful at a lower level their fans are unbearable.

The little smile their relegation to the conference would raise would be out weighed by the fact derby games would be even less likely.

I too miss the derby games, I used to look forward to them like no other games. I've seen loads down the years, including more than my fair share of heartache. I recall going to one with a mate from work who was a Gooner, he couldn't believe the level of rivalry between the clubs, said it made the Spurs v Gooners games look like a friendly

And if the Gas did ever play us in the cup, imagine the horror if we lost :shocking:

I too miss the derby games, I used to look forward to them like no other games. I've seen loads down the years, including more than my fair share of heartache. I recall going to one with a mate from work who was a Gooner, he couldn't believe the level of rivalry between the clubs, said it made the Spurs v Gooners games look like a friendly

And if the Gas did ever play us in the cup, imagine the horror if we lost :shocking:

So why the eff do you want to play them ever again? We have NOTHING to prove, the only thing we could do is lose!

If we never play them again, it will be ten years too soon!

i want them to go down another division or 2, then fold. I would be very happy. If i had the cash, i would buy the club, and run it into the ground. If i had a match... ha ha thats already be done twice

Go on then - I'll give you the tenner, seeing as it is such a good cause!

Archived