IGNORED

The Gas

SecretSam

OK, now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the blue few, but with all this talk of the Gas in the conference, managerless and all that - do we really want that? Bristol still has a struggle with being taken seriously as a football town, and the embarrassing antics of our neighbours don't exactly reinforce Bristol as an up and coming football town

So in the interest of promoting Bristol, I wish the Gas well, and hope they turn things around.

Mind you, I'd support a shared stadium, which I know would not go down well on here!!! :laughcont::surrender::disapointed2se:

OK, now don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the blue few, but with all this talk of the Gas in the conference, managerless and all that - do we really want that? Bristol still has a struggle with being taken seriously as a football town, and the embarrassing antics of our neighbours don't exactly reinforce Bristol as an up and coming football town

So in the interest of promoting Bristol, I wish the Gas well, and hope they turn things around.

Mind you, I'd support a shared stadium, which I know would not go down well on here!!! :laughcont::surrender::disapointed2se:

It's simple. The worse they do the better we do.

More investment, more supporters and we really do become the only team in Bristol.

So bollocks to em I hope they go down under Ince.

It was fun last season when they went down but this season I couldn't really care less about them.

They won't go down in my opinion and they certainly won't go up, so there's not really much to care about. Although, I do hope they go down.

They are already in the basement division though, can we really ask for much more? (or less)

It was fun last season when they went down but this season I couldn't really care less about them.

They won't go down in my opinion and they certainly won't go up, so there's not really much to care about. Although, I do hope they go down.

They are already in the basement division though, can we really ask for much more? (or less)

I don't think you're sure what you want!?

I'd rather have the Gas in the Championship with us.

Also...I'd like Swindon, Yeovil and Bournemouth to be in the Championship.

Having localish derby's is great fun and also the banter with mates is much more fun too.

Playing to a full house at the Gate and away, to all those teams, would make for an attractive season imho.

They don't bother me overmuch.

I don't mind them doing well so long as we're doing better, but it's always amusing to see them doing badly.

There's no doubt that it would be good for Bristol City if they dropped out of the league. It would focus attention on City and might even sway the council into some kind of supportive action, though I doubt they'll do anything until all the local sporting clubs are gone.

They will be in league 2 for a couple of seasons, I can see them pushing up the table towards the end of the season maybe mounting a challenge for the play offs next season.......who really gives a **** though?

I miss the rivalry, I loved the games against them, especially the before and after, I've NO doubt that despite our current league position City are on the UP and Rovers are on a downward spiral, the chances of us playing them in a competitive game in the next 5 years are SLIM.

I don't agree with those who say that the worse Rovers get, the better for us. I don't see the logic. If City get their act together and get promoted, our crowds will increase and we'll become a bigger, more successful club in general. Whatever division Rovers are in won't affect this.

I don't agree with those who say that the worse Rovers get, the better for us. I don't see the logic. If City get their act together and get promoted, our crowds will increase and we'll become a bigger, more successful club in general. Whatever division Rovers are in won't affect this.

If there were no Rovers then the council might have pushed our new stadium through some time ago with both political and financial support. As it is, they have to support both clubs equally or neither at all (the latter seems to be their preferred option.)

So long as Rovers are in the league they will be a drain on resource which could be City's.

I enjoyed local rivalry until the evening I was one of the City supporters kept in at Twerton the night that they beat us to get promoted, had to stay and listen to them singing that stupid Irene song. Since then I have hated and despised everything to do with the Gas, relegation to the Conference and then a slow death until eventually being wound up by the Inland Revenue, that is what dreams are made of.

The logic is this: it would appear that for whatever reason Bristol has a limited appetite for on-going support of it's football clubs. A declining rovers could lead to more fans, especially the younger fans, picking City to support rather than rovers.

In answer to the original question I would like to see rovers go down again. However, I don't think it's going to happen this season.

Yes I agree. I found a website with historic attendance figures and was able to look at the City/Rovers % since the war. In the 50s it really was half and half but since then we have gradually pulled away (barring a blip in the early 80s) and now it's more like 70% City

post-2507-0-48838400-1326385781_thumb.pn

post-2507-0-25752100-1326385928_thumb.pn

Having localish derby's is great fun and also the banter with mates is much more fun too.

Playing to a full house at the Gate and away, to all those teams, would make for an attractive season imho.

Absolutely - I can't see them closing the gap again for the forseeable future but I'd love a closer rivalry. With us on top of course!

you're either still wet behind the ears or plain stupid 'sam'

totally disagree with all that tripe

Go along with all of that Spud.

How fatuous to think by having the gas in an even lower league we will benefit, especially when compared to having them in the same league with capacity crowds for derbys; utterly myopic.

Well said, could not agree more. Seems to work well in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham etc. Bring back the Gas I say.

Archived