IGNORED

The Brighton Game

With two new additions to the squad, who both seem to be good players, I now can't wait for saturday's game. New signings always manage to get me worked up and I'm excited to see what they're all about. If you exclude the Saints game then Brighton's form hasn't been great of late and I really think we could grab all 3 points.

I think we're all expecting to see Foster start at right back, does anyone know if Fonts is fit again yet? Otherwise I'd like to see Carey play again. I don't think Del will opt for two upfront as we're away so I think we're unlikely to see Wood start but I think he'll definitely get a good half an hour. Thoughts?

With two new additions to the squad, who both seem to be good players, I now can't wait for saturday's game. New signings always manage to get me worked up and I'm excited to see what they're all about. If you exclude the Saints game then Brighton's form hasn't been great of late and I really think we could grab all 3 points.

I think we're all expecting to see Foster start at right back, does anyone know if Fonts is fit again yet? Otherwise I'd like to see Carey play again. I don't think Del will opt for two upfront as we're away so I think we're unlikely to see Wood start but I think he'll definitely get a good half an hour. Thoughts?

It would be no surprise to see Wood start as the lone striker at Brighton. We've seen how ineffective Maynard is on his own up front and McInnes has been desperate to change things but hasn't had the resources until now. He'll go 4-5-1 again.

Fontaine won't be fit and Elliot is doubt so its likely that Foster will start as well.

It'll probably be something like this -

James,

Foster, Carey, Nyatanga, McGivern

Albert, Cisse, Skuse, Kilkenny, Woolford

Wood,

Well we'll have to see what happens with the striker but I think the other 10 players are spot on, especially with Pearson suspended. I would love to see Wood start upfront and you're correct about Maynard so lets hope McInnes does decide to shake things up. I think starting Wood would work in our favour too because Brighton are likely to set up to eliminate Maynard (yes he may be ineffectual at the moment but he would still be a threat if not dealt with properly) so throwing on a brute like Wood could throw them off balance.

Anyone know how many tickets we have sold ?

Can't see it on the OS.

I am guessing more than 2000 so far.

Yh in the interview with DMc (pre-brighton one) it's mentioned that over 2000 fans will be there in support, including myself so should be a great atmosphere.

Firstly, 2,000 is a fantastic away following, particularly given the season we've had. Wish I could go.

I'm a bit concerned though - if Elliot isn't fit then I think we'll struggle. He's such an important player for us and he sets the tempo of a game - we always seem sluggish without him in the team. And no Pearson is a blow too. I don't fancy Woolford one bit on the left-wing, I think he should play Bolasie. Like the sound of Chris Wood and think he'll make a difference up front for us.

When we've got Fontaine and Elliot fit again I think it'll make a huge difference. Not too confident without them in the side, but let's hope the lads prove me wrong :fingerscrossed:

Archived