IGNORED

Disgusted With Maynard

Trowbridge BCFC

Jordan Tansley in commenting on a game he wasn't at shocker.

Maynard was woeful. He looked pathetic, it was almost embarrassing seeing how bad he was. In the 20 mins Pitman was on the pitch (out wide I might add, something McInnes said he'd NEVER do) he did more than Maynard has done in his last 180 mins of football. Created chances, made space for himself and others and constantly looked for the ball. Chris Wood must be wondering what the f ** k all this fuss is about with the player who was up top with him for 90 mins, I don't think he ran onto a single flick-on Wood made. All this bollocks spokn about how he needs to play alongside a big man and when he does he fails to make one good run all game. Staggering.

Staggering they had two training session together and 90 mins on the pitch, maybe with Woods here for a full weeks training him and Maynard may get to know each others game?

Staggering they had two training session together and 90 mins on the pitch, maybe with Woods here for a full weeks training him and Maynard may get to know each others game?

Well that is two more training sessions than I've played with Chris Wood, but I can safely say that if I found myself in Saturday's starting eleven I would have been much more of a handful. When the ball gets lumped up to Wood you, at the very least, either drop in the pocket behind him for the knock down or you make a run in behind for the flick on. It's hardly revolutionary tactics and it's not exactly rocket science, but either of these were obviously too much effort for Maynard.

Well that is two more training sessions than I've played with Chris Wood, but I can safely say that if I found myself in Saturday's starting eleven I would have been much more of a handful. When the ball gets lumped up to Wood you either drop in the pocket behind him for the knock down or you make a run in behind for the flick on. It's hardly revolutionary tactics and it's not exactly rocket science, but either of these were obviously too much effort for Maynard.

It is getting boring now, Maynard is not putting in 100% but Del and is coaching staff don't see this, the fans are right and Maynard is just being played because he is in the shop window. I blame Nicky Maynard for it being cold this morning and having to scrape ice of the car.

Golden boy you say maybe that's because in training he is the best player here, Del has from day one said as long as he trains well and gives 100% on the pitch i will pick him

Maybe that's the problem. Any player can give 100%. Doesn't make them worthy of a place though.

Maybe that's the problem. Any player can give 100%. Doesn't make them worthy of a place though.

Understand your point, but as Del come her with blinkers on him and not looking around for a different solution, i hope every player gives 100% and i think the point Del was saying he is giving me 100%, many a fan and i respect there comments feel he hasn't done this the last few games, i challenge then to this opinion because the last three home games i have seen he was putting the effort in.

When he bottled the header towards the end, city fans booed. Did anybody else see him turn around and mouth **** Off?? I was the only one in our group who saw it, but the guys behind us saw it. What got me was the way he was off to the tunnel before the whistle blew!

He definitely looked round as he was walking back, but I can't say I saw him say that. Having said that, I was a fair way back and bearing in mind the way he acted after the free kick nothing would surprise me!

Redcliffe 78 - You are right in that Maynard has tried in the last few home games, however he's been shooting every time he's received the ball even from 40 yards at times!

However, on Saturday I began to despise NM. Firstly, I forgot he was playing in the first half, then in the 2nd he made no attempt to get behind the defence or infront of them to pick up the ball, his movement was non-existant - FINE, we all have off games, but then it got worse. He turned his back to the play when Pitman lined up the free-kick, twice he waited in a deeper than deep midfield position walking around whilst we were attacking! Then to top the lot he genuinely moved out of the way of the incoming cross (a powerful cross) as he didn't want a headache and then had a go at Brett Pitman (I assume for kicking the ball too hard at poor little Nicky's head). The ducking away from the header was so blatant that a MINORITY booed.

This was followed by 5-6 minutes of hiding by his defender to avoid getting the ball and walking off without even a glimpse to the vast travelling support. I am not one to complain or moan, but enough is enough his attitude and behaviour was child-like and showed a total lack of respect not only to he 2150 odd Bristolians or to the Manager or team mates, but to every single person who watches or respresents BCFC. He was an embarrassment.

I would take an offer of £0.00 to get him off our wage bill and out of our club.

Disgusted.

Liam

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Maynard is costing us on and off the pitch. With all the money flying around the Premier League someone would have taken him by now if he was good enough, regardless of contracts, windows etc. He ain't good enough for the next level up and his ego, or his agents ego, will leave him in a 'Basso' situation where no-one will take him on because of his wage/signing on demands. My bet is he will be playing championship football at best next season, but it won't be with us even if we stay up.

Redcliffe 78 - You are right in that Maynard has tried in the last few home games, however he's been shooting every time he's received the ball even from 40 yards at times!

However, on Saturday I began to despise NM. Firstly, I forgot he was playing in the first half, then in the 2nd he made no attempt to get behind the defence or infront of them to pick up the ball, his movement was non-existant - FINE, we all have off games, but then it got worse. He turned his back to the play when Pitman lined up the free-kick, twice he waited in a deeper than deep midfield position walking around whilst we were attacking! Then to top the lot he genuinely moved out of the way of the incoming cross (a powerful cross) as he didn't want a headache and then had a go at Brett Pitman (I assume for kicking the ball too hard at poor little Nicky's head). The ducking away from the header was so blatant that a MINORITY booed.

This was followed by 5-6 minutes of hiding by his defender to avoid getting the ball and walking off without even a glimpse to the vast travelling support. I am not one to complain or moan, but enough is enough his attitude and behaviour was child-like and showed a total lack of respect not only to he 2150 odd Bristolians or to the Manager or team mates, but to every single person who watches or respresents BCFC. He was an embarrassment.

I would take an offer of £0.00 to get him off our wage bill and out of our club.

Disgusted.

Liam

Respect your comment like i said i was not there, maybe like the manager i am giving him more respect than he deserves, fair shout.

Just one or two more points to consider,

How much is his appearance fee for each game? I would mention scoring and win bonuses but, well you know!

The other point is that NM is saying that he wants to play in the prem which is fine and I hope they would all aspire to that but the subtext from him is that his colleagues aren't good enough to help him get there so he'll just drop them and move on. Happens all the time you say? Well it does but spare a thought for all the players that by his behaviour suggests are beneath him, can't be good for team morale.

I used to love telling people the Jermaine Easter story followed by the Nicky Maynard signing story to illustrate what a good guy he is, probably won't bother any more.

Archived