IGNORED

Disgusted With Maynard

Trowbridge BCFC

Hi all,

I have just got back in from Brighton and wanted to say, enough is enough with NM now. Throughout the whole game he showed no effort or commitment.

He was totally lazy, made no runs or tryed to get into space.

I also noticed at the 2nd Free kick that Pitman took, near the death, Maynard was shaking his head and whinging. At the full time whistle he shook one Brighton players hand and then trudged off without thanking the fans like all the others did.

There were a lot of away fans there today that were on his back, and all i can say is that HE BLOODY DESERVED IT.

Waste of space now im afraid.

Maynard stormed off shaking his head because of the embarrassing row between Pitman and Wood over who should take the free kick right at the end. Pitman is not a good free kick taker (nor a good corner taker come to that) and had just wasted a good chance from a similar position. Wood had won the second free kick and clearly fancied a go himself - and why not? Pitman pulled rank, tussled over the ball like a kid in the playground and hit another lame free kick straight at the keeper.

I know Pitman's reputation has grown enormously by him being out of the team but let's have a bit of reason. He is decent finisher around the box but much of his other play is wasteful and indulgent (how many times do we lose possession to a Pitman back heel?).

He also had a woeful game when he started against Millwall last week. He was by some distance the poorest player in red that day.

Careful what you wish for.

Ive not read this whole thread, but whilst everyone is having a go at Maynard (and rightly so....).....surely a massive amount of the blame must go towards McInnes for continuely picking the bloke!!

McInnes......sort it out! your the manager, start managing the players who actually want to be here!

I find it unbelievable. and a real concern, that anyone can honestly believe Maynard is capable of giving 100% towards the cause.

I think this statement has now come true. Prior to yesterday I can understand McInnes in that he's trying to play his strongest/best side, however yesterday the whole package that Maynard displayed made my mind up. Lacking effort, disinterested, missed chances, sulking, disrespect for the fans, no desire.

My train of thought that always been you play your strongest side i.e. treat the wanna-way players as if they're loan players, but now he's showing that he's not one of our better players, so it's time to drop him.

Greedy Maynard ? Lets consider his situation.

Firstly, he has a significant other who now has their child for life long leverage. She Shops ! Then there is his mother who arrived with Maynard and helped engineer his contract. She shops. Then there is the mother of his significant other, another female influence. She shops.

Every time the phone rings, one of these blood suckers hears k ching k ching as the cash register rings. Maynard was an inexperienced young pro when he arrived here and heavily influenced my his mother. This female influence will send you broke and will have nothing to do with a common sense contract deal which would help Maynard or BCFC..

Most of you younger posters with no partner or kids, have no clue as to pussy power, mummy power and female manipulation with the unrelenting desire to shop and look after their own futures.

Maynard imo has been manipulated from the get go and the money money money thing comes from the women women women influencing his life .

Now of course its poor Nicky a victim of some nasty fans. Bull shite, its Nicky a slave of the female web.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KK_aDIw_E

I wish people would get off N M 's back. He has done so much good for this football club. I don't know what people expect. It would help if he had some decent service and support from the other players. Yes his head must've been turned by all of the speculation surrounding him which is BOUND to have affected his performances. All of the time I've seen him home and away recently, he still makes the runs pulling off the last defender, but rarely gets the ball played. Most fans watch the ball but if you watch his movement it's still sharp. He's too good a player for you all to dismiss him out of hand .

As for everyone calling for Pittman well I think his performance in the last home match showed that he goes missing for long periods. But again without any type of service

what do you expect!

I wish people would get off N M 's back. He has done so much good for this football club. I don't know what people expect. It would help if he had some decent service and support from the other players. Yes his head must've been turned by all of the speculation surrounding him which is BOUND to have affected his performances. All of the time I've seen him home and away recently, he still makes the runs pulling off the last defender, but rarely gets the ball played. Most fans watch the ball but if you watch his movement it's still sharp. He's too good a player for you all to dismiss him out of hand .

As for everyone calling for Pittman well I think his performance in the last home match showed that he goes missing for long periods. But again without any type of service

what do you expect!

Swede, He was totally non existant yesterday, in all honesty, it was like we had a 10 man team from the off. Im crap at the beautiful game now but im sure even i could have put more effort in .

Im not automatically calling for Pitman, but in opinion it is not Nicky Maynard fc it is Bristol City FC and he is not a team player anymore. Not fit to have worn the shirt yesterday .

what do you expect!

My problem is his lack of gratitude to the club...compare this to Darren Barnard who knew he was going to move the then Premier League Barnsley, signed a Contract...so City woud get a fee, nothing but respect for the guy.

The big thing is, is his current form good enough for selection in my opinion a definate no. I've used the lack of quality services many times in defence of our strikers, but IF he is still with us V Donny and gets selected, just watch his movement off the ball...or more likely distinct lack of it. He has been pretty much a statue in recently games, or on his heels not anticipating a ball so is well off the pace when a ball does come through. What ever way you look at it, despite his past achievements nad potential its not good enough...a definate case of playing not to get injured, be that a sub-concious or concious decision by the player.

what do you expect!

One good season that's all really. We owe him nothing and he obviously believes he owes us nothing.

Can't get too worked up by this, just think we have far too many players, most of whom are pretty average, and the squad is horribly unbalanced. When Johnson, Clarkson and McAllister are serious options, things must be bad. Never quite sure why we don't try 3-5-2, as we have some decent centre backs, might hide McGiverns defensive frailties and give us an extra option up front. Then again, I expect if we did that, it would be a bit of Titanic deckchair shuffling and expose the weaknesses in the squad. Maybe if we had used our youth system better we might have more passion, and instead of filling the squad with journeymen, we could invest in fewer players, but ones of greater quality.

Well I hate to question Del but you have to give our strikers ammunition. We need invention. I still stick by Maynard as being our best striker but all this will he or won't he speculation has definitely affected him and sadly some fans opinion of him. I have no doubt his agent has advised against putting himself in danger of picking up an injury but I have to say who picks the team.

If his mind is not 100% then should Del be picking him to start?

Maynard as does the rest of the team needs our support

there is a dip in form throughout the team at the moment so we need all of our best players performing and the can only do that with our help.

Some of the points mentioned in this thread are terrible

So nobody is qualified to say that maynard is playing shit, but you are qualified to say that Pitman isn't the answer.

I've always thought that some of the stick you get is harsh but i'm beginning to understand it more and more, you wernt even bloody there and couldn't see just how utterly bollocks maynard was, yet you still defend him relentlessly while panning pitman, you really are the ultimate hypocritical, condecending ****.

There was 100% support there today, Maynard was not abused at all until 10 minutes from time because the other 80 minutes he looked disinterested. Why is mcinness picking him? Pass

How do you know pitman won't work in a 442 he worked well with stead last season. But needs a run of games and by that I mean more than 5.

Firstly Bradley made his intentions very clear from the start. You then go on to make your case for the manager's team selection citing his credentials, you take the piss out of Riaz because he has an opinion that is different to yours and then add this gem 'But one thing is for sure. Pitman ain't the answer', I wonder when you'll get headhunted for the managers job.

The interesting thing is I am waiting for the first person who went to Brighton to actually have a different view to everybody else so far on this thread.

So much wrong with this....

Firstly why are you singling me out? I never went to the game and yet loads who did are coming on and saying similar things to what I said last week...... its not my fault they are seeing the same things...

Secondly, I respect mcinnes and he's already done a terrific job - got us out the shit - but I am allowed to disagree with some things that he does....

Thirdly, Bradley didnt get this "vitriol" because his performances were still very good. We also didnt have any decent alternatives on the bench.... dropping him was cutting our nose off to spite our fate. Maynard it isnt, as we have someone who can score goals (with the luxury of an extended run, which maynard has always had)

Lastly, you must admit maynard is out of form - say what you like about terrible service to him, but that has been the case since he signed. Maynard used to make his own chances........ He used to be one of my favourite players and I still believe he is a talented player, but the maynard I saw last week cant even trap a ball...

Jordan, your entire argument falls down when you read the Brighton Forum. Have you ever thought it might be you that can't see the wood through the trees?

A thread started by themselves going on about how poor he looked (In both games against BHA), how disinterested he was, bet City cant wait to get rid etc etc, a couple of them even go on to mention they would prefer Pitman. Are you going to say they are seeing what they want to see as well?

As much as I rate McInnes and believe he is going to sort this club out, that doesn't mean he isn't prone to mistakes and that his decisions can't be questioned. I think the midfield he selected today proves that. After all, nobody is perfect.

I can only surmise that Maynard has been persistently selected due to the fact we need a buyer asap. Clubs are going to want to check on him before they go and shell out their money, the chances of selling him are lessened if his sat on the bench IMO. I also think that Pitman didn't do himself any favors against Millwall and that McInnes has seen a part of his game that he doesn't like. Whether that is his work rate or his performance in training, I don't know.

That said, having listened to the post match comments by McInnes, I am fully expecting him to be on the bench against Doncaster (if we haven't yet found a buyer). McInnes praised all 3 subs and I expect them all to start.

I don't hate Maynard, it's not his fault he is selected and he is simply honoring his contract to the club which he is perfectly entitled to do. If he was playing well and scoring goals as we know he can there really wouldn't be an issue. The trouble is, he isn't and this situation is damaging to everyone. The player is looking poor and out of form (I don't think even the most staunch of Maynard supporters can argue that), his value is depreciating by the game and his constant selection has completely divided the fans at a time when the club needs to pull together.

It really will be best for all if he can get a move in January, trouble is, I just can't see who would want him - not for a transfer fee anyway.

Best posts I've read on this forum for a long time.

Del is making himself look short on ideas if he feels Maynard is 100% nailed on for a start.

He must be under pressure to play him to keep him in the shop window.

Disagree there Del is a strong character he comes across to me that he does it his way, i don't believe the board are telling him to play Maynard.

He comes across as a strong character, but his actions with Maynard suggest otherwise.

Cotswold is Maynard playing that bad i don't think he is playing any worse than several players in the last few games but because of the contract thing if he doesn't score people jump on him and abuse him, Fontaine has just signed a new contract, if he didn't to that would people be jumping on his back every time we concede a goal no i bet the answer is, with Albert & Maynard they are our two best players, Maynard as he has proved before can score from nothing i as a manager would keep playing him because he can provide that special goal.

Cotswold is Maynard playing that bad i don't think he is playing any worse than several players in the last few games but because of the contract thing if he doesn't score people jump on him and abuse him, Fontaine has just signed a new contract, if he didn't to that would people be jumping on his back every time we concede a goal no i bet the answer is, with Albert & Maynard they are our two best players, Maynard as he has proved before can score from nothing i as a manager would keep playing him because he can provide that special goal.

I will agree with you to a certain extent, but Maynard is in the spotlight so his situation needs to be managed - the management will know that his every move will be scrutinised.

I'm not saying that if Maynard has a bad game or two he should be dropped, although he generally seems to have a poor game - he shouldn't warrant automatic inclusion. Other managers might start Pitman instead and come out with an explanation for it. "We're keeping Nicky hungry" or "we'll use him as an impact sub" or whatever.

I do get the feeling that NM is his golden boy. If Maynard also wants to chuck his toys out of the pram and have a strop then I'm automatically going to say he doesn't deserve his place in the side. His performances don't get him off the hook do they?

I will agree with you to a certain extent, but Maynard is in the spotlight so his situation needs to be managed - the management will know that his every move will be scrutinised.

I'm not saying that if Maynard has a bad game or two he should be dropped, although he generally seems to have a poor game - he shouldn't warrant automatic inclusion. Other managers might start Pitman instead and come out with an explanation for it. "We're keeping Nicky hungry" or "we'll use him as an impact sub" or whatever.

I do get the feeling that NM is his golden boy. If Maynard also wants to chuck his toys out of the pram and have a strop then I'm automatically going to say he doesn't deserve his place in the side. His performances don't get him off the hook do they?

Golden boy you say maybe that's because in training he is the best player here, Del has from day one said as long as he trains well and gives 100% on the pitch i will pick him, maybe like you say drop him and bring him on as a impact sub, i bet Brighton when they saw the team sheet and no Albert they were over the moon, sides will feel the same with no Maynard imo.

From many comment on here, it seems to me that scoring special goals is not our problem, it is being able to score the simple, straight forward goals that we strugle to do.

In Maynard's great season, he did score many spectacular goals out of nothing, and he needed to because we struggled to create many chances. OK at Brighton it sounds like we created sweet FA, but in many recent games we seem to have created lots but have taken none. Maynard has missed how many penalties this season? He's been though 1 on 1 with the keeper quite few times and converted hardy any. Many say that he is our best player, and technicaly he may be, but is he our most effective striker, because it eems to me that we need to score more regularly if we are to stay away from relegation?

If it's true that a section of the support were abusing him throughout the match then they don't deserve thanks from him, or for that matter any of the others.

If Maynard is putting so little effort in, then why in gods name is McInnes (a very highly rated, intelligent, successful and strong leader) selecting him week after week?

Maybe just maybe the 'fans' are seeing what they want to see? maybe just maybe McInnes is the most highly qualified judge here... I mean, did Riaz get headhunted for the managers job? :rofl2br:

I hope he gets his move, if only so that the usual suspects can move on to their next 'hate figure' (Woolford seems to have been primed for this already). I hope he is successful as I do when most players leave BCFC. I don't remember Bradley getting this vitriol when he refused to sign... and he wasn't all that 'open' either.

I'll be delighted when this is all over so that we can all get back to supporting BCFC and every player that the manager decides to choose. I am happy to admit that whilst I do not agree or understand why it has divided fans... it has and at the end of the day that isn't a good thing at all.

We're in a bit of a mess and we have the right man at the helm but we also need unity in the stands and positive support on the pitch... going to an away game and hurling abuse at your own player is not going to have a positive effect... not ever. We need togetherness and some are so stubborn/ignorant/correct/wrong/whatever that they are sacrificing that.

Him leaving theoretically solves the problem.

But one thing is for sure. Pitman ain't the answer and nor is 4-4-*******-2.

Jordan Tansley in commenting on a game he wasn't at shocker.

Maynard was woeful. He looked pathetic, it was almost embarrassing seeing how bad he was. In the 20 mins Pitman was on the pitch (out wide I might add, something McInnes said he'd NEVER do) he did more than Maynard has done in his last 180 mins of football. Created chances, made space for himself and others and constantly looked for the ball. Chris Wood must be wondering what the f ** k all this fuss is about with the player who was up top with him for 90 mins, I don't think he ran onto a single flick-on Wood made. All this bollocks spokn about how he needs to play alongside a big man and when he does he fails to make one good run all game. Staggering.

From many comment on here, it seems to me that scoring special goals is not our problem, it is being able to score the simple, straight forward goals that we strugle to do.

In Maynard's great season, he did score many spectacular goals out of nothing, and he needed to because we struggled to create many chances. OK at Brighton it sounds like we created sweet FA, but in many recent games we seem to have created lots but have taken none. Maynard has missed how many penalties this season? He's been though 1 on 1 with the keeper quite few times and converted hardy any. Many say that he is our best player, and technicaly he may be, but is he our most effective striker, because it eems to me that we need to score more regularly if we are to stay away from relegation?

All great strikers miss one on one and with Maynard he will not get many chances to score playing for us at the moment so he knows he needs to score when he gets that chance, when he fails to do this unless i am blind he is gutted and beating himself up afterwards in a good side Maynard at Championship level will get 25 goals without doubt in my mind.

Archived