IGNORED

Grimsby Towns Kits Supplied By Nike

city nut

Grimsby Town kit for next season is supplied by Nike

youngs_home1.jpg

TFG is poor kit supplier as the quality of there goods is poor and they are an unknown name to anyone who doesnt follow a 2nd, 3rd or Scotish club. But it was a good move for the club to use them as they provide cheap shirts which means city can maximise there profits. Which in a business sence is all which is important.

But my point is if Grimsby Town who are struggling financially, how can they afford to sell these kits? It must be because they are cheap as well. Then the question is why cant city have a quality kit supplier too. If we had a decent kit supplier we would look a lot more professional and far more kit would sold as many people do not buy city shirts due to the name.

When teams like Crewe (Addias then Reebok), Cardiff (Puma), Wigan (Addias and Patrick) all these teams are similar if not smaller sized clubs than us but on the pitch they looked much better than us.

Simple fact is that its not really Nike but a local franchise who would have come around with a standard nike catalog and said 'hey do you want this'

The club are looking into kit maufactures for the season after next and have been working with the FCC etc.

I'll let Richieb take up the reins on this as he's more knowledgable about it than me :dunno:

Spot on Tom.

The Nike franchise gives very limited choice & flexabilty in unique designs.Although it does have the magic 'tick' that seems to attract the 'brand awareness' potential.

Said this before & support what Tom has said, the FCC are discussing with Richard Gould the thoughts of fans regarding potential suppliers of replica kit, and I do know that many top brand names have been in talks with regards to supply come the 2005/06 season.

But credit to TFG, while they don't have the 'brand' they have serviced the demands very well & got deliveries to the club on time.

But the club are aware that BCFC could well go into another league when it comes to merchandising if the 'brand' was right.

Case of trying to balance the service of TFG & the popularity of a Nike or Puma.

Any thoughts welcome. :(

Archived