IGNORED

First Doubts About Mcinnes

old_eastender

Without getting into an argument i do think we are in trouble due to the fact we can not score. This is down to the fact we do not create any chances and the fact that we are playing 1 up front to cover for the fact that our midfield can not play with only 4 players.

Yes we were missing two key players yesterday BUT Albert is not GOD and is a 1 in 3/4 player. Yes when he is on form he is unplayable but it is not that often it happens if you are honest.

Do i think we will go down? On the last few games i do. Do i hope that Del can turn it around? of course i do.

We had 19 shots on target against Coventry, 10+ against Millwall, ofcourse we need to be clinical but to doubt the manager because of this is not fair imo. 21 points from 39 is a good return considering the players we have and the state we were in when he took over.

Have some faith please.

Worryingly though he has already pointed out that we do not have the personnel to play 4 4 2.... and then persists with it. I was there yesterday and i bet you every city fan thought the same thing when they saw the team sheet. :surrender:

Its well documented what has happened to us playing 4 4 2 recently. Brighton passed us off the pitch and should have been further ahead, we created little and were exposed time and again down the left and in the space in front of the back four.

At half time i mentioned to my sister that Macca would probably encourage them to go longer quicker and depressingly enough we were lumping it in the hope of picking up scraps from Wood. This is a direct result of not being able to work the ball any other way.

What would have been wrong with;

Woolford.....elliot...cisse... Skuse

...................Killkenny..........

... Wood........

Or whatever. We looked better with Cisse on the pitch hell we looked better with Brett pitman wide right!! :shocking:

People talk about 442 and being progressive with two strikers as if having more strikers on the pitch equals more goals in some way., fine if you have the players.. we dont, and even with 3 strikers on the pitch we managed one shot ,ONE SHOT on target in 94 mins so lets not hear any more about 442 please.

And what really annoys me is people stating that Brighton were "poor" or " we should be doing better against sides like this" ffs they were playing a different game to us dictating play and patiently working opening after opening and closing us down ..... we looked like one of the downs sides i used to play for.

We can play decent footie. It coincides with us not playing 442. I personally thought maynard did ok, saying that he really really had to score from Pitmans cross :badmood: , but its getting poisonous for him to be out there. Not happening for Woolford is it? At least Bolasie asks some questions( though im not sure he knows the answers himself!)

Next match.

same back four

pearson... cisse...elliot....Adomah/bolasie

...........killkenny.....

.......wood........

lets put everything into perspective - we have seen some pretty poor performances lately, yes agreed (its football), we have taken 6 points from the last 9, we played yesterday without our most influnecial player/players, team selection questionable but not knowing the complete facts (as only Del & Doc will do, the maynard saga is looming over everyone, are we all agreed on these points and that this is a true refelction on what has/is going on at the club, yet there are posters on here questioning his appointment and trying to convinice themsleves if we have made the right decsion - it really is comical :grr: for those doubters amongst us and those who over reacting so soon - cast your minds back a few months :shocking:

We had 19 shots on target against Coventry, 10+ against Millwall, ofcourse we need to be clinical but to doubt the manager because of this is not fair imo. 21 points from 39 is a good return considering the players we have and the state we were in when he took over.

Trouble is, how good were those chances? We do not create many good chances. Mcinnes needs a decent central midfielder and quick or I can see us going down. We have got a few decent results, but I cannot honestly say we have looked good in many. Del has to be given credit for making us hard to beat. I hope it is enough to keep us up.

Maybe going down will do us a favour, if and I say if we go down and make an immediate return, it could bring that feel good factor which has been missing for a long time.

Doubts no...Dodgy team selection yes!

DM sees the players train all week and is making judgements on what he sees there I expect, rather on heresay and third hand info.

Nonetheless Mr. Walford rarely makes a contribution on matchdays and the Elliot/Skuse idea is simply not ever going to work as it has been tried time and again,

I suspect the omission of Bolaise is a sign that DM doesn't think he is good enough and the fact he was thrown on when the match was all but over a desperate measure....

However we have the three new boys and a semblance of a new team emerging and he seems to not lack a plan unlike the previous incumbant.

Our rise in form has coincided with the new era and even if some of those results can be attributed to the dead dog bounce the new players coming in have pedigree....

I suspect a couple more thrown in this week (soon) one in Central midfield and one in Central defence....Pray god the Maynard business is over soon as that will bring in money and stop the incesent threads on the subject

:fastasleep:

We have to all back McInnes surely because he has given us a great chance of staying up with a big points haul from a poor team. I am sure he is going to go on a do a very good job for us in the future.

I am though massively concerned that he keeps playing Woolford and also dropping Cisse. He seems to rate Skuse a bit too highly as well and hasn't exactly prepared us for life without Maynard. He has made some big mistakes with selection recently, however he's no fool and I am sure he will make changes. Please Del, play Cisse in the middle and don't play Woolford anywhere; pretty much everyone can see this. Cisse's contribution is massive and as someone mentioned above if playing 2 CM's we need it to be Cisse and Elliot. Yes it's not exciting, but it's solid and we have wingers. We created zero yesterday with our theoretically creative Kilkenny and Woolford is just a waste of a selection unfortunately.

Trouble is, how good were those chances? We do not create many good chances. Mcinnes needs a decent central midfielder and quick or I can see us going down. We have got a few decent results, but I cannot honestly say we have looked good in many. Del has to be given credit for making us hard to beat. I hope it is enough to keep us up.

Maybe going down will do us a favour, if and I say if we go down and make an immediate return, it could bring that feel good factor which has been missing for a long time.

I agree we need a central midfielder without doubt. Del does have to be given credit as Millen would not have been able to turn the mess around. It's miraculous he has got us to where we are right now! I've said it in other posts, but there is only so much he can do with players who are not up to it!

He's trying to polish a turd basically and has managed 21 points from a possible 39?

It's way to early to judge him, if we fail to stay up and go down without a fight then yes maybe questions might need to be asked.

i believe Bristol zoo polish elephant turds and sold them or at least they used too :laughcont:

Yep, he is trying to polish a turd and has done exceptionally well so far. Yesterday was a cock up though - I couldn't believe how he set up that team. Very poor. But he strikes me as someone who won't make the same mistakes over again, unlike previous managers.

I sincerely hope he doesn't fall into the same trap as the previous two managers in putting his trust in the old guard, it'll cost him his job and the clubs championship status if he trusts those wasters.

But he seems fully aware of that and is trying to get players in to replace the wasters we have and he deserves full support for that as well as the good job he's done so far.

Mid term report - done very well and fully expect more to come.

Great shout! I guess he just tried making us very hard to beat yesterday and trusted someone like Wooly to put in a shift! Trouble is we don't have anyone to come in at all really to replace the likes of Albert and Pearson! I wouldn't mind seeing Bolasie get a run but as he is such a flair player I would be concerned as to whether we can play him on the wing in a 4-4-2 which with the players we have won't work anyway!!

One thing that should be noted is that mcinnes is probabaly still learning things about these players. He's only been watching them and working with them a short while....

Good point. He can't just get rid of all of them when we don't have anyone else yet. Really interested to see what the summer brings. I did really like what he did after his first game though. Gave JCR and Stewart a chance, sussed them out and bombed them straight out, haven't seen them since thankfully!

Archived