IGNORED

First Doubts About Mcinnes

old_eastender

Following two abysmal performances I have to say I have doubts for the first time that McInnes will take us forward. His post match interviews from Crawley & Brighton ahve been right on the money - not enough quality, drive or creativity shown be the players. HOWEVER, those issues were surely predictable in both games given his team selections.

Against Crawley on an awful pitch where 'hoofing' it was bound to happen we should have played Stead & Pitman up front and not cup-tied Maynard, making his dwindling sell on value even less.

Against Brighton, Yannick should have started without doubt, as should Cisse.

How Woolford & Skuse stay in the side after truly dismal performances against Crawley, I just do not know. Both of them, were by all accounts, truly awful again yesterday.

If either Skuse or Woolford make the starting 11 against Doncaster it will confirm that Mcinnes can't see the problems just like Millen couldn't. FFS Cisse is twice the player Skuse is & Woolford needs to go out on loan in the, probably vain, hope he finds some form.

Following two abysmal performances I have to say I have doubts for the first time that McInnes will take us forward. His post match interviews from Crawley & Brighton ahve been right on the money - not enough quality, drive or creativity shown be the players. HOWEVER, those issues were surely predictable in both games given his team selections.

Against Crawley on an awful pitch where 'hoofing' it was bound to happen we should have played Stead & Pitman up front and not cup-tied Maynard, making his dwindling sell on value even less.

How Woolford & Skuse stay in the side after truly dismal performances against Crawley, I just do not know. Both of them, were by all accounts, truly awful again yesterday.

If either Skuse or Woolford make the starting 11 against Doncaster it will confirm that Mcinnes can't see the problems just like Millen couldn't. FFS Cisse is twice the player Skuse is & Woolford needs to go out on loan in the, probably vain, hope he finds some form.

Fair play for posting such a controversial thread but I fear you could be in for a serious slagging...........

well its way, way too early to be getting on his back, and i would be disappointed if fans were beginning to do that, especially given the position we were in when he arrived

that being said, he has got the team selection for the last two games massively wrong. even his biggest fans would admit they were not just small ones, but massive ones. he learned NOTHING about the squad, or any of the fringe players, in the crawley game. would have been the ideal opportunity to bring in some of the players who have been on the fringes and who would be motivated to perform. honestly if i was dean gerken, john stead, brett pitman etc i would be tremendously disappointed not to have been selected.

yesterday, playing skuse out wide was simply bewildering and the maynard enigma rolls on - sure he crops up with the occasional goal, but he should score more than he does and probably deserves dropping on form alone before you even consider the message you're sending to pitman & stead by playing him in light of the contractual situation. james wilson at 22 must also be wondering why he has been dropped for carey.

i am sure he will turn things aorund, but the selection and the obvious and alarming trend toward hoofball lately are a touch worrying.

I can understand your frustration, I think everyone who went to Crawley or Brighton (I did both), knows exactly how you feel. I must admit I was very surprised and disappointed with yesterdays starting line up in particular. Personaly if we are going to play 4-4-2 there can be no place for Kilkenny you have to go with Elliott and Cisse and attack down the flanks. Yesterday I would hve played Bolaise on the left and Foster on the right...yes Skuse would have had to play at right back..but agree that he has been anything but been consitant in the level of perofrmance.

What I woudl say in defence of Derek McInees is that the quality of players he is trying to bring in, are consierably better than what we have. We just have to accept that a great many of our squad really arn't consistently good enough, the odd game here and there but not often enough.

I have full confidence in the manager but he is going to have to find a system that puts the other team under more pressure, there was far to many nothing passes and as Del said himself no tempo at all until the last 15 mins of the game.

Go support Man United you obviously aren't in for the ride and want instant success.

He's trying to polish a turd basically and has managed 21 points from a possible 39?

It's way to early to judge him, if we fail to stay up and go down without a fight then yes maybe questions might need to be asked.

I agree with your points to a certain extent but I think you are being a bit hasty by suggesting he can't take us forward based on two poor team selections! Woolford should not be anywhere near the starting 11 but without Pearson it was always going to be a tough call.

It's all very well calling for Bolasie (of which I agree with you on by the way) But I can only assume Woolford was selected because Del felt as if though by going 4-4-2 it would have been too risky to start a luxury player like a Bolasie, and was probably hoping that if anything at all Woolford would provide work rate up and down the flank, even though he has zero quality.

I personally think Del did get team selection wrong yesterday, but I think ultimately (I have mentioned this in another thread) the players we have are not good enough, and in the championship you can't afford to carry players! Del came in one hand behind his back to a squad full of utter rubbish.

For me, we only have about 8 players capable of playing championship football. Then we have a few more, the likes of Kilkenny, Skuse, Nyatanga who on there day can be good but are often not consistant enough to take us to the next level, or even out of a championship relegation dog fight we find ourselves in.

21 points from 39. Over a season that's enough to finish 7th or 8th, and this with a squad that is seriously weak. He already is taking us forward as shown by the results.

As for the teams selected, the last two aren't the ones I would have picked but then we don't know all the facts either, we don't know what's happened in training or what the gameplan was.

Anyway, I sincerely hope it is just you. Sadly there are probably one or two others out there who have equally unrealistic expectations they react to as prematurely.

I think there's a difference between having unrealistic expectations and being critical of the manager so far. I feel he's beginning to/has made a few mistakes and like anyone in charge i'll comment on the forum about it.

I don't see how anyone could have made up their mind one way or the other yet. But lets be really truthful, more people have come down on the side that he's great, which is just as reactionary as saying he isn't. He's done ok so far, we had the typical reaction to the new manager, then a slump then a peak, and now another slump. Average job so far, signings are key, and we'll see after the big summer squad revamp.

It takes time for a new manager to have an affect on the team, putting the 5 wins at the start, well how much was him, and how much of it was, not Millen.

...and let's face it we aren't happy unless we have something to moan about, are we...:surrender:

I really don't understand why people call City fans fickle...:disapointed2se:

Saturday's game against Donny is huge, come on let's get behind the lads for once - can we really be the 12th man?? Just perhaps that's what we should be discussing...especially as Deeeehoof is playing!

Every manager will make mistakes it's life, it's all about learning from those mistakes. You have to remember Del and Doc are working with players they would'nt of known much about and have to get there philsophy of football across to those players and also get to know them on a personal level and vice versa, this takes time more time then he has been given so far. He cant wave a magic wand and make things better instantly, he is doing a good job give him time.

Nibor, totally agree, I doubt if any of us know the full facts behind the scenes. Number one, stay up. Number two, big clear out/reorganisation during the summer. Number three, Derek's players at the club. Number four, see how next season starts. Number five, watch out Derek!!!!!!!!! Number six, already put money aside for ST renewal (Ooops shouldn't have said that).

The last few games have been very poor, the team lacks confidence, some players lack desire and the entertainment provided by the team is, well it is stinking.

There were open doubts about Dicks, Cooper and Jordan [i never ever got Jordan opting for Honour V llewellyn]re team selection, all turned out more than ok.

It has to be viewed as a long term job, Johnson lost more than McCinnes has to start.

Carry on.

I cant beleive these kind of threads are coming up already! We were rock bottom getting spanked 3-0 at least every game when del took over. Just under 3 months later we are above the drop zone and have picked up some good wins with some solid performances. What do people expect for us to storm the league?! Okay the last few games have been incosistent, but if we won every game we would be challenging for promotion not relegation! Realism is needed i think

Go support Man United you obviously aren't in for the ride and want instant success.

Can't you instead? At least the bloke has an opinion and something interesting to say.

He made some fair points . Woolford is woeful and should not of been selected but was! Why? Skuse has done well at RB but is crap CM and should never be getting the nod ahead of Cisse. You have Maynard who head is elsewhere but still starts week in week out. All valid questions.

Stop acting up and try to actually respond to a post like a grown up.

I cant beleive these kind of threads are coming up already! We were rock bottom getting spanked 3-0 at least every game when del took over. Just under 3 months later we are above the drop zone and have picked up some good wins with some solid performances. What do people expect for us to storm the league?! Okay the last few games have been incosistent, but if we won every game we would be challenging for promotion not relegation! Realism is needed i think

Totally right, there has been overall a big improvement and we are in a position where by we can survive. The new manager and his back room staff take all the plaudits, but the job isn't done yet and we need circa 8 wins. My point is that yesterday for 75 mins we were not set up to cause Brighton problmes in my opinion, the last 15 we were. Against Southampton twice the team played with an intensisty and desire, not much of that yesterday, very slow paced and over deliberate with no end product. There were players not availble of course and it would not surprise me to see one or two more new faces, as I think the mananger is under no illusion as to the squads strengths an weaknesses. The good news is as I said above I beleive is his recruitment policy is streets ahead and that gives me genuine hope for the future.

I was thinking just this morning whether Derek has had a quiet 'what the F*&^ have I walked into' moment as yet. The job is probably bigger in every way, shape and form than he might have imagined, and the biggest 'headscratcher' must be the inconsistency from players capable of beating Southampton home and away and then losing to a very, very poor Coventry side not to mention a 4th tier team like Crawley.

In fairness the fella is trying to make a proverbial 'silk purse out of a sow's ear', as we are blatantly short of any quality in depth and despite having a large squad, many on the periphery of the team are not going to help this club progress. Sadly the same could be said for a few IN the team!!!

As a result, in my view, he deserves at least 12 months to stamp his own authority on the team. The football is still generally abysmal but his points return since replacing Milly as Nibor rightly points out, suggests he is doing pretty well overall. Retaining Fonts is a huge plus in my reckoning. I remain unhappy with the quality of the football but still think we have got the right man at the helm.

Totally right, there has been overall a big improvement and we are in a position where by we can survive. The new manager and his back room staff take all the plaudits, but the job isn't done yet and we need circa 8 wins. My point is that yesterday for 75 mins we were not set up to cause Brighton problmes in my opinion, the last 15 we were. Against Southampton twice the team played with an intensisty and desire, not much of that yesterday, very slow paced and over deliberate with no end product. There were players not availble of course and it would not surprise me to see one or two more new faces, as I think the mananger is under no illusion as to the squads strengths an weaknesses. The good news is as I said above I beleive is his recruitment policy is streets ahead and that gives me genuine hope for the future.

I wasnt at the game due to other commitments so i cant really comment apart from what i heard on the radio. Sounded like a very poor showing. Like you say sounds like del knows it. Im just shocked that he is coming under scrunity after how well he has done so far. Like you say im sure he can get a couple more additions in and fingers crossed keep us up. I think the fact that we can beat southampton twice and then play like we have done against coventry, derby, crawley and today is more a reflection of the players lack of quality and commitment than the managers shortcomings.

Give Mcinnes a break for goodness sake! Let him get on with the job! It is really a joke that fans are already doubting him. No manager should be judged this early. Many of our successful managers started off poorly and yet turned things around over time. They made some wrong decisions along the way. The best managers are the ones that learn from their mistakes and mould a 'team' of his own! Tut!

Early days. Whether we stay up or go down he will be next season so best to get used to him.

Personally I think he will just about keep us up but he hasn't exactly got an easy job. Basically he has to use a squad that predominately won't be here next season and aren't really interested in Bristol City long term.

I did think his team selection for the last 2 weeks was poor. I would have played the 2nd string at Crawley like Bolassie, Stead etc to give them a chance. Then this week he played 2 wingers who either are in shite form or aren't a winger.

A little concerning but lets be honest, we have a much better shot of staying up with him in charge than Millen. I'm not sure if we would have yet won a home game with him still here.

Can't you instead? At least the bloke has an opinion and something interesting to say.

He made some fair points . Woolford is woeful and should not of been selected but was! Why? Skuse has done well at RB but is crap CM and should never be getting the nod ahead of Cisse. You have Maynard who head is elsewhere but still starts week in week out. All valid questions.

Stop acting up and try to actually respond to a post like a grown up.

Short and sweet mate I haven't got the time to sit here and write an essay on why the OP is a load of bo11ocks

theres only so much he can do with someone elses players get off his back and get behind him and the boys we jus stand a better chance then i think city fans are the most negative it could be better but it could be worse we could be in coventrys position!

saturday is vital with all the teams around us having hard games we need the points to distance ourselves

theres only so much he can do with someone elses players get off his back and get behind him and the boys we jus stand a better chance then i think city fans are the most negative it could be better but it could be worse we could be in coventrys position!

saturday is vital with all the teams around us having hard games we need the points to distance ourselves

Hear! Hear!!

I think the main problem is the number of below average players in the squad. I doubt many people on here could name 10 players from the 37 we have on our books that they'd like to see here next season. This is a major rebuilding job and it's going to take a long time. I think Del and Doc have the fight in them and the main target this season has to be simply stay up. The tactics are bizarre lately but then we're not at training so we don't know if Woolford had a great week and Bolasie or JCR spent the week moaning! Maybe he's tried Skuse right mid in training and it worked? Right now he has to work with what he's got and we all know there isn't many gems here!

Some fans make me cringe with their comments. We lose 2 games and we are suddenly doomed.

We beat Southampton home and away and people cant speak highly enough of the manager.. now we lose 2 and they think he's the wrong man for the job. Give the bloke a full season atleast for christs sake.

Without getting into an argument i do think we are in trouble due to the fact we can not score. This is down to the fact we do not create any chances and the fact that we are playing 1 up front to cover for the fact that our midfield can not play with only 4 players.

Yes we were missing two key players yesterday BUT Albert is not GOD and is a 1 in 3/4 player. Yes when he is on form he is unplayable but it is not that often it happens if you are honest.

Do i think we will go down? On the last few games i do. Do i hope that Del can turn it around? of course i do.

Archived