IGNORED

David James Article

apathy

Team spirit and a good feeling between the players and the fans breeds success,why do you think that when teams get a new stadium promotion happens more often than not in the 1st season,maybe even for 2 seasons running!

Im amazed at all the fans booing maynard,how can this help? He wants to go and he will go lets treat him like every other player and get behind our team,we need it!

Heard alot of people complaining about his lack of effort yesterday,i wasn't there to see it for myself but if true i can understand fans being angry for not giving 100% i would be,but i wouldn't boo him.

People have been booing him for not signing his contract,before any of this "lack of effort" yesterday which to me seems like our fans need a kick up the as* instead of maynard!

He could be with us for the rest of the season and if so we will need him happy and playing well.

Booing will not help our team!!!!

Team spirit and a good feeling between the players and the fans breeds success,why do you think that when teams get a new stadium promotion happens more often than not in the 1st season,maybe even for 2 seasons running!

Im amazed at all the fans booing maynard,how can this help? He wants to go and he will go lets treat him like every other player and get behind our team,we need it!

Heard alot of people complaining about his lack of effort yesterday,i wasn't there to see it for myself but if true i can understand fans being angry for not giving 100% i would be,but i wouldn't boo him.

People have been booing him for not signing his contract,before any of this "lack of effort" yesterday which to me seems like our fans need a kick up the as* instead of maynard!

He could be with us for the rest of the season and if so we will need him happy and playing well.

Booing will not help our team!!!!

Even the Brighton fans have commented that he seemed totally uninterested, i'm sorry but all he has to do is train a few times a week and play for 90 minutes all for the sum of around £10,000 a week, so it's not acceptable regardless of what stick he is getting, which to be honest has been pretty tame compared to what it could of been.

Even the Brighton fans have commented that he seemed totally uninterested, i'm sorry but all he has to do is train a few times a week and play for 90 minutes all for the sum of around £10,000 a week, so it's not acceptable regardless of what stick he is getting, which to be honest has been pretty tame compared to what it could of been.

Did you not read my post?

He was getting booed before the brighton game! I for one have never seen maynard not giving 100%

Please tell me what good you are doing our club when you boo a player?

Did you not read my post?

He was getting booed before the brighton game! I for one have never seen maynard not giving 100%

Please tell me what good you are doing our club when you boo a player?

I heard just as many cheers when his name was read out as i did boos, i chose to do neither, maybe he should of ran his heart out for the few that did cheer? how about trying that?

If you play at a decent standard abuse spurs you on to shut them up, how many players celebrations to you see players with there hands to the ear, it happens in Clevedon/Yate when there are mates on the sideline, even Somerset Prem, then after the game laugh have a pint, on booing your own player just because he refuses to sign never played the game and no idea muppets, Maynard has never let us down, good luck to him.

I don't agree with the booing thing, but yesterday the game was so, so poor I can't say I'm surprised it happened! Maynard really was not at his best and after the free kick "incident" made him self a target. Then to not come and clap the away fans was a joke after we made the effort to go watch there poor effort! ( admit a few players tried!)

If you play at a decent standard abuse spurs you on to shut them up, how many players celebrations to you see players with there hands to the ear, it happens in Clevedon/Yate when there are mates on the sideline, even Somerset Prem, then after the game laugh have a pint, on booing your own player just because he refuses to sign never played the game and no idea muppets, Maynard has never let us down, good luck to him.

P.S.

The people on this site go on about football talk, but none of them talk player on the pitch talk, it's very sad.

http://www.guardian....affects-players

Interesting article and timing of it. You have to assume idea for it came from Maynard saga.

mods delete if already posted, sorry if so!

You don't have to assume its anything to do with Maynard. DJ's column writing is normally on recent events and on this occassion it has stemmed from the racist comments recently made at some matches. Do you really think that if fans comments was affecting his game McInnes would carry on playing him??

Going back to the OP and the link to the James blog.

Interesting. I had always assumed that with players concentrating on the game and with the background of the usual "wall of noise" from the crowd, that they could hardly ever pick up the detail of vocal messages from the fans.

Looks like I was wrong.

For example, twice yesterday at Brighton when DJ was about take a goal kick in the 2nd half our fans chanted "Jamo, Jamo give us a wave" and as he was preparing for the goal kicks he gave us a right hand thumbs up.

Nice touch that. A wave would have been over top at that moment in the match, but his gesture said - "I heard you and I appreciate that"

Top Man, we are very lucky to have him in the squad.

The whole Maynard saga has effected theb club the players and supporters incredibly...

The whole I have a contract and I will play it out scenario has been poison not only to the people who pay his wages, SL and the supporters, but has had an effect on other players at the club as two managers now have picked him ahead of other individuals (rightly or wrongly) while he was holding out

At this point I would be inclined to pay up his contract after the window and kick him out the door if no offer comes in....

The boy has obviously had his head turned by an agent and is no longer a part of our club in the eyes of many and this will continue to bleed poison on here and on the training ground!

Or the scouse racists?

Good read though.

You don't have to assume its anything to do with Maynard. DJ's column writing is normally on recent events and on this occassion it has stemmed from the racist comments recently made at some matches. Do you really think that if fans comments was affecting his game McInnes would carry on playing him??

Very true that racist comments probably main inspiration. But I would still argue that some of this article would have come from the Maynard situation. Bit of a coincidence otherwise? IMO Maynards been off form for weeks, and although no widespread booing hes had the abuse already (I've heard it). This will only snowball with mob mentality and 'that freekick'.

We want him gone, he wants to go- fact. Is turning him into a hate figure helping anyone (fans/team/staff/possible buyers) in the short or long term?

A very interesting read. But booing cannot be the blame for where the team find themselves in the division. That is down to many poor players that are currently on our books, a team that lacks shape, and a decent backbone.

The whole Maynard saga has effected theb club the players and supporters incredibly...

The whole I have a contract and I will play it out scenario has been poison not only to the people who pay his wages, SL and the supporters, but has had an effect on other players at the club as two managers now have picked him ahead of other individuals (rightly or wrongly) while he was holding out

At this point I would be inclined to pay up his contract after the window and kick him out the door if no offer comes in....

The boy has obviously had his head turned by an agent and is no longer a part of our club in the eyes of many and this will continue to bleed poison on here and on the training ground!

Top post Redoxo.

Booing. Hmmm. We pay our money, we have the right.

A very simple argument isn't it?

But does it really motivate? When I have to "have words" with the boy I have two choices. Encourage or tell off. When I give him a cup of water I can say "don't spill it" or "carry it carefully". The same message, but a different message.

Now all Nickys aren't 7 or carrying cups of water, but does booing really help?

How about trying something different next time you think NM isn't trying as hard as you would if you were in his boots. You never know, it might help.

Archived