IGNORED

Steven Caulker

Derk94

Let's get him in the England set-up ASAP. He really is a class act. englandsmile4wf.gif

Honestly can't see any risk that we'll lose him to the Jocks... he's English and has represented the Country at several levels, and is destined to pull on the three lions jersey many, many times, and in my opinion, the captains armband at some point in the future too. I can't see one reason why he would choose Scotland over us. The only way that would happen is if he felt he wouldn't get a look in with us, which simply isn't the case. Particularly if 'Arry takes over from Crapello.

Unlike posters on here to get carried away and exaggerate!!

Doing a job for us bottom end of the championship and being a top defender on the world scene are worlds apart.

Agreed he looked decent when here but then he wood compared to the other players in our club.

Has a fair chance of making it but certainly not nailed on .

Doing a job for us bottom end of the championship and being a top defender on the world scene are worlds apart.

Agreed he looked decent when here but then he wood compared to the other players in our club.

you certainly dont have to be top on the world scene to get in the england squad...

Sorry but above praise of caulker is no exaggeration -- playing in a poor team he did keep us up as other poster said singlehanded -- one of the best and most accomplished players seen in a city shirt for a long time with a maturity far greater than one would expect for his age --Definitely ready for a long stint in englands back four imo

Sorry but above praise of caulker is no exaggeration -- playing in a poor team he did keep us up as other poster said singlehanded -- one of the best and most accomplished players seen in a city shirt for a long time with a maturity far greater than one would expect for his age --Definitely ready for a long stint in englands back four imo

+1. He's a class act and we would have been relegated last season without his influence. He was head and shoulders above our team at such a young age - he's got a great future ahead of him and I'm certain he will become a full international for many years.

Apart from the first five minutes i thought he was outstanding against Van Persie on Sunday who is one of the best around at the moment if he keeps on playing to that standard he has a great chance of making it to the very top.

I do hate this whole "he's english but eligible for another country"

Joey Barton mentioned it on twitter the other day, if your not good enough for your own country then its tough, work harder. People shouldnt be playing for a country they have no real connection with!

Time to reform the system. Playing for a country in which one of your grandparents was born, is just wrong.

Parents' country of birth or a country you've spent a very significant part of your life is fair enough though.

Phil Jones is also 20 so those 2 at the back for England will go some way to creating a force to be reckoned with in the years to come. This is where the England A team should come back in as whilst Terry/Cahill/Jagielka/Ferdinand are around these boys won't get played but it is important for the benefit of our national side that they build up a solid partnership and transition nicely into the senior team when the more senior players retire.

When your 19 years old and you go into a team, at the bottom of the championship, who could not defend to save their lives and then suddenly after a few games, that defence becomes solid. Then, when he went, the team went back to shipping goals (ipswich home game first)

I always felt caulker was carrying our defence and I've seen nothing to change that opinion.

When you consider his age and the fact he did well against one of the best strikers in europe, you have to say, if he keeps injury free, he's a certain future england player.... nailed on i'd say :)

He wasn't that good on the weekend.

First goal was down to him albeit as Williams had gone walkabout (again).

Has potential but lets see him against other teams rather than judge against RVP (average game) Arshavin and Walcott who were utter pants.

I hope a year or 2 for spurs will get him up to international level but he's not quite Bobby Moore yet really is he?

Having a average game against RVP is brilliant for a 20 yer old and is in no way shameful.

He may never get to the level of bobby moore, but that's not what anybody is saying!!

Having a average game against RVP is brilliant for a 20 yer old and is in no way shameful.

He may never get to the level of bobby moore, but that's not what anybody is saying!!

Pretty sure he meant that RVP had an average game....but then that can be turned around to say that he only had an average game because of Caulks.

Pretty sure he meant that RVP had an average game....but then that can be turned around to say that he only had an average game because of Caulks.

He said "he was'nt that good"

Even if he was'nt... He's a 20 year old defender playing against Arsenal.

Archived