IGNORED

"old City Players In January Window"

wembley87

Surprised by people choosing Lita over Brooker - Brooker could have been twice the player Lita was but for injuries. He and Maynard would have been some partnership.

Yeah great shout, don't think Brooker was ever fully appreciated due to his problems with injuries. On his day he was a class apart!

Hiya all

Was looking in the transfer players that have gone out in the January window

today and saw the following ex City players where now:

Leicester - Northampton Chris Weale month loan

Stevenage - Aldershot Guy Madjo 18 month contract

No club - Yeovil Kelly Youga till end of season

Burton - Rochdale Kevin Amankwaah till end of season

Barnsley - Charlton Danny Haynes 18 month contract

Oxford - Hereford Simon Clist 18 month contract

I wonder how many more will go in transfer window !

For a 30 year old who doesnt drive Clist certainly gets around, starting as a Spurs trainee, then to Bristol City, onto Torquay, then Barnet, followed by Forest Green, over to Oxford & now seems settled at Hereford ....... he's covered a few miles thats for sure...

I guess not having a car must keep him pretty fit, wonder if he feels all the travelling's been a pain in the ass?

Talking about old times, isn't this such a good link!

http://www.bcfc.co.u...7~30972,00.html

The days when City used to batter sides..

That team on paper still to this day looks brilliant.. apart from Bas Savage!

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine Woodman

Cotterill Russell Skuse Murray

Brooker Savage(If it was Lita that would be one hell of a side in League 1)

Brooker AND Macammon up front. Agregate of 29 stone!

Looked a good player until he broke his ankle. That was horrible,wonder what happened to him.

Home game against Reading, ref didn't even see it, awful tackle, I think I'm correct in saying that the ref didn't give the defender any kind of card.

That boy had blistering pace, good finisher too, that tackle ruined a very promising career, Dani was very much on the up, he never seemed to get his pace back and subsequently wasn't the same player.

Basso

Orr Carey Fontaine Bell

Murray Tinnion Wilkshire Rougier (Loved watching him)

Lita Maynard

That would be my favorite City 11 of the past 10 years.

Probably fergot one or two players but all 11 of those were either brilliant or just very entertaining.

Obviously Christian Roberts, Lee Peacock, Alex Russell, Steve Phillips and Steven Caulker were all very good players aswell. Not forgetting the one and only Tony Butler!

Which Rougier would that be.....Tony or Anthony??? :dunno:

For a 30 year old who doesnt drive Clist certainly gets around, starting as a Spurs trainee, then to Bristol City, onto Torquay, then Barnet, followed by Forest Green, over to Oxford & now seems settled at Hereford ....... he's covered a few miles thats for sure...

I guess not having a car must keep him pretty fit, wonder if he feels all the travelling's been a pain in the ass?

Ooops, sorry my mistake, he probably does have a car... its just that when I heard Si Clist I automatically assumed... :whistle2:

Archived