IGNORED

Kalifa Cisse

hinsleburg

When we play a midfield 3 with Cisse just in front of the back 4 and Kilkenny furthest forward behind the striker we look like a decent side. Can't stress enough how important it is to us to play these two in their correct positions.

This worked when Del first took over and we looked world beaters, and in those games a certain Elliott was outstanding, was he playing today? Trial & Error, Elliott is so important for Dels game of getting the ball back quick.

Interesting to see who Del prefers when Marv is back. On the whole, much as i like Marv, I prefer Cisse as he is more disciplined and a better all round footballer.Thought Pearson did well today in a more central role as well.

I don't see there being any choice between Cisse and Elliott, they're completely different players who do very different (and quite complementary) jobs.

Outstanding again today, if i'm right his contract up at the end of the season? We look a better side with him in it and offers something different to all our other midfielders. GET HIM SIGNED UP DEL BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I thought Cisse was rubbish when he signed for us but under Del and Doc he's been superb. Great goal yesterday, timely interceptions in front of our defence and some good running - an excellent performance by Cisse against Doncaster.

I thought we were talking prime of there careers, players getting around the pitch, shit Spain have done something wrong, strength, power athleticism & height, all there coaches should be sacked. Doherty could get around a pitch when he was fit and Kilkenny is class so again you are disagreeing with yourself wierd,

You were suggesting Doherty, Kilkenny and Hartley playing together in a 3 man midfield (in response to the poster above you) and my point was that those 3 little men wouldn't work together. Certainly at this level and arguably at any level. I think these season has been a great example of how the blend of midfielders makes a huge difference.

Bit of a stretch comparing what's needed at international level (Spain) versus the championship and league 1. Also I hope Kilkenny is not in his prime, as I'd hope there's more to come. I agree Doherty was good and I thought he was going to go on to play at a higher level, but it didn't work out.

Gary Shelton was the best central midfielder weve had since Gerry Gow. As a bloke who covered every blade and scored goals from midfield he would certainly be in my team.

Murray/Gavin/Adomah - Shelton - Gow - Tinnion/Walsh/Smith

Or as a three man midfield:

Shelton - Gow - Tinnion

True, they can both play in 433/451. I think Pearson's performance in there may give him pause for thought though.

When Elliot is fit I think I'd choose between pearson/Kilkenny to play just behind wood then have cisse just in front of defence . Then have Elliot between them both spiltting the oppositions midfield. Though I think we have to know Bolaise is going to be a consistent threat on the left if Pearson comes into CM. A good head ache to have.

Archived