IGNORED

Lewin Nyatanga

Lew-T

But the lad has got to go. I have never rated him from day one! I thought I would give him a chance... but a couple of seasons on and he still IMO not up to it. Everytime he has the ball at his feet, he puts me on edge :pray::crying: and is passing ability is awful! no composure whatsoever. When fontaine is back, I would like to see james wilson with him.

Like that line from the Fatboy Slim song;

"we've come a long long way together; through the hard time and the good..."

Tangs is an enigma; one of the few players consistently picked by several managers and who has played the most games this season, in both our cracking perfomances and poor ones.

Was not there Saturday but my dad was and said he looked pretty decent for the most part.

Can't be a total liability or he'd be out the side IMHO. I actually thought he looked best alongside Wilson myself!

Also worth remembering He's only 6 months older than WIlson, so all this "Give the kids a chance!" stuff relating to Wilson could also be applied to him.

I personally think that Fontaine, Wilson and Nyatanga are great options to have at centre back for the next few years (*awaits pelters...*).

Like that line from the Fatboy Slim song;

"we've come a long long way together; through the hard time and the good..."

Tangs is an enigma; one of the few players consistently picked by several managers and who has played the most games this season, in both our cracking perfomances and poor ones.

Was not there Saturday but my dad was and said he looked pretty decent for the most part.

Can't be a total liability or he'd be out the side IMHO. I actually thought he looked best alongside Wilson myself!

Also worth remembering He's only 6 months older than WIlson, so all this "Give the kids a chance!" stuff relating to Wilson could also be applied to him.

I personally think that Fontaine, Wilson and Nyatanga are great options to have at centre back for the next few years (*awaits pelters...*).

I was thinking this too!

But the lad has got to go. I have never rated him from day one! I thought I would give him a chance... but a couple of seasons on and he still IMO not up to it. Everytime he has the ball at his feet, he puts me on edge :pray::crying: and is passing ability is awful! no composure whatsoever. When fontaine is back, I would like to see james wilson with him.

If I remember correctly, you've been moaning about Lewin for months and months.. granted he's not the best with the ball but he's not a bad 'Defender' and gives 100%

I want Lewin to stay and you need to realise not every centre half is brilliant with the ball but neither is James Wilson, Louis Carey has never been great with the ball but he's been a good defender. Give the bloke a break..

The defender at fault for donnys goal was louis, just incase anyone is thinking lewin was the marking culprit

Indeed Louis was at fault and he almost gifted Doncaster the games' opening goal as well, letting the ball glance off his head dangerously towards goal - and one of their forwards - just before Wood scored.

However some people refuse to accept Carey makes mistakes and will no doubt make excuses for these incidents.

As for Lewin, he's not a terrible player by any means but Fontaine is superior and should replace him when fit.

Wilson, 12 years younger than Carey and 4" taller, would be the ideal partner for the new permanent Captain.

I don't dislike him or I am not slagging off the guy, I just don't think he's good enough. Just my opinion..

I don't think anyone has a problem with you disliking him, we all have players we like more than others. It just that it seems your main problem with Tangs is his distribution which is certainly woeful, however his defending is definitely Championship standard, and that's the most you can hope for from a CB.

Wouldn't get much money for him, he provies good cover for centre and left back. No point in selling him, when we get a good permanent back four I would like to see him on the bench trying to push for a starting place. If he isn't happy with that then it would be time to think he should move on

I don't think he is our best defender but he's played almost 200 championship games for 3 different clubs and is still only 23. Add to that over 30 at international level I don't think he can be that bad a player.

A useful player to have in the squad in my opinion.

What's wrong with Tangs? OK he's not a Caulker but then very very few are.

I personally think that Fontaine, Wilson and Nyatanga are great options to have at centre back for the next few years

Thats what I think, they do good job now and can only get better, the distribution will improve with time, particularly with Del Boy seeming to get them to play it around a lot more and not just hoof it up the pitch (Which Cary still seems to want to do unnecessarily at times IMO)

Nyatanga is improving steadily, gaining in confidence on the ball all the time.

Can't agree mate. If he was going to seriously let us down he would had done it at what was the biggest game this season at the time - West Ham away - he and the whole of our defence were magnificent. Result was we got a draw against the second team in the League.The issue for me, and it applies across the whole team, is that we cannot yet be consistent from week to week. It just doesn't make sense to single Nyatanga out.

Since he came back into the side towards the end of last season he has been our most consistent performer. He was one of the few players that could be reasonably proud of their performances in the first thirteen games of the season, in fact he was probably our best player up to that point (not that it is an award to be proud of) and he has been even better under McInnes. Him and Fontaine at Upton Park put in one of the best performances I've seen from a City centre half pairing in a long time, as an earlier poster alluded to.

He does make the odd error out of nowhere, (the slip at Barnsley, and the mishit clearences at Millwall and on Saturday being three that I can instantly think of) but Rio Ferdinand's career have been littered with similar types of clumsy mistakes and he has been a pretty good defender...

It is obvious that he can make an improvement on the ball and with his distribution, as can all of our players, but he is nowhere near the liability you are making out 'everytime he has the ball he puts me on edge' is such an exaggeration is beyond belief! The lack of movement in the midfield is also an issue for this as when Kilkenny is having an off day we don't really have anyone that will demand the ball and be willing to recieve it under pressure, so therefore nobody shows for the ball and the back four is only left with one option.

And as many other posters have said, his primary job is to DEFEND and he has done that well for us this season. I would like to know of all the names you have of defenders that would realistically play for us that are as good as Nyatanga defensively whilst being Franz Beckenbaur on the ball...

He does well what's he's paid to do which is defend.

No excuse for his panic on the ball while his distribution majority of times is awful. Question marks over his concentration levels too but i feel he's getting much better here. People forget he's the same ages as Wilson & Ribs. Tangs has had a good season IMO and if he had made the mistakes Carey has last two games that cost us goals many would be furious.

Got no probs with Tangs. Anyway he will be good back up to Fonts and the LB spot next season.

Archived