IGNORED

Will The Club Put The Block On Leeds Fans Buying Tickets In The Home Section?

Never to the dark side

For the record, we know who 'Taunton City' is, and he will not be allowed to buy any tickets for the Leeds game. We are doing everything we can to keep Leeds fans out of home areas, and would expect our supporters to help us with this.

Can I offer my congratulations (and thanks) to the club for taking this stance. It would be easy to turn a blind eye and pocket the cash , but the reputation of the club could be tarnished if there was any trouble. Not to mention the family stand at the front of the Dolman and all the kids that will be in there , any trouble could be terrifying for OUR young fans and might discourage them from returning to AG.

Well Done BCFC.

For the record, we know who 'Taunton City' is, and he will not be allowed to buy any tickets for the Leeds game. We are doing everything we can to keep Leeds fans out of home areas, and would expect our supporters to help us with this.

Very comendable, very sensible well done !

Can I offer my congratulations (and thanks) to the club for taking this stance. It would be easy to turn a blind eye and pocket the cash , but the reputation of the club could be tarnished if there was any trouble. Not to mention the family stand at the front of the Dolman and all the kids that will be in there , any trouble could be terrifying for OUR young fans and might discourage them from returning to AG.

Well Done BCFC.

Well said. If anyone wants to sit with there leeds mates they can buy tickets (from LUFC) and sit in there end

Pathetic. I've gone in plenty of home ends , big deal.

Spying on forums and stopping Taunton buying tickets, laughable.

Hardly "spying" . If Taunton is daft enough to announce his intention to buy tickets for AWAY supporters in the HOME stands , he only has himself to blame.

Why is it only with Leeds fans. Any other intelligent modern football fan will try to obtain tickets from their own club. If the allocation sells out then so be it, tough luck. If City fills their allocation for an away match and I miss out then that's my tough luck.

What I don't do is think I'm above the law and try to con my way in . Small wonder nobody likes them

We don't all have BS postcodes. AG wouldn't sell me tickets for the Saints away game as I have an SP postcode and 'might be a home fan'. Saints wouldn't sell me a ticket because.....

I could have taken a risk and tried pay on the day but in the end I simply couldn't be bothered.

So monitoring a forum that the club don't want to be a part of isn't spying?

I find it seriously sad. I know this is an unpopular view.

Interesting the club don't seem to spy in threads about ticket prices.

But then I guess we should be used to the hysteria, just look at the sterile area in the east end.

Pathetic. I've gone in plenty of home ends , big deal.

Spying on forums and stopping Taunton buying tickets, laughable.

I agree with you.

This view that away fans shouldnt be allowed in anywhere other than the away end just perpetuates the notion of total segregation and really when you think about it is pathetic.

I can understand keeping Leeds fans out of the East End but Leeds fans sitting anywhere else in the stadium, to enjoy the game and without being provocative, shouldnt in itself be a problem.

Its a sad state when some games are played in less than full stadiums but people who want to see the game cant get in, and even sadder when the football clubs themselves enforce policies which ensure that happens.

Its not just City, there have been plenty of City away games which didnt sell out with home fans yet Cty fans couldnt get tickets. Just barmy.

If you do know who I am, and if you have seen my booking history (how much money I've spent on this club) then if I really am blocked then that is a disgrace!!

Where on this thread have I bragged! The 3 people I'm bringing have been to a number of city games in the past and came to the game last season and were no trouble at all.

If you do know who I am, and if you have seen my booking history (how much money I've spent on this club) then if I really am blocked then that is a disgrace!!

Where on this thread have I bragged! The 3 people I'm bringing have been to a number of city games in the past and came to the game last season and were no trouble at all.

The club are just trying to keep people safe. We have had trouble in the past with Leeds fan, so with you saying that you are bringing 3 mates the club should ban you from the game. You could potentially bring mates which cause trouble, you may say they don't but City don't know that. Should of watched your mouth and now you look like a right idiot.

What were the club supposed to think after you making a public statement you were bringing three leeds friends with you after what went on last year, daft thing to do IMO

You don't get it do you? The Club has the responsibility to ensure the safety of ALL fans, home & away. So you bring your 3 mates to sit among us City fans,,someone overhears something,just a comment, and realise they're not supporting the team in red, word gets around like wild fire and someone decides to have a go- all hell breaks loose.

Unfortunately we still have so called supporters,as do all clubs, who would enjoy nothing more than beating the crap out of a Leeds fan or 3, well behaved or otherwise. They don't need to be standing on seats in the Atyeo singing 'We are Leeds' in thick Yorkshire accents.

Surely you wouldn't wish that on your friends? think about it!

When I've had a go at getting a ticket online I get the following message:"WE'RE SORRY!Unfortunately, this time you don't have the correct privileges on your account to purchase tickets for this match. Why not return to ticket home and try another match?"

Now I've only bought tickets online twice this season and have phoned up to get away tickets 5 times; have I not been to enough home matches this season to qualify getting a Leeds ticket online. They should sell me one if I ring up the ticket office right??

Im getting the same message eighteen97. I have booked tickets online for many years so dont understand why this message is coming up.

Can anyone tell me why im getting this message? My flights, hotel are booked but i have no tickets so not a happy chap :grr:

You don't get it do you? The Club has the responsibility to ensure the safety of ALL fans, home & away. So you bring your 3 mates to sit among us City fans,,someone overhears something,just a comment, and realise they're not supporting the team in red, word gets around like wild fire and someone decides to have a go- all hell breaks loose.

Unfortunately we still have so called supporters,as do all clubs, who would enjoy nothing more than beating the crap out of a Leeds fan or 3, well behaved or otherwise. They don't need to be standing on seats in the Atyeo singing 'We are Leeds' in thick Yorkshire accents.

Surely you wouldn't wish that on your friends? think about it!

Good shout that man, when i was a lot younger and full of p**s, i would be on the lookout for strays, sorry but true, blige how life changes..keep em in the away end..end of !

Agreed and I would expect some sort of reply.

At the last game a Leeds fan sat in the Dolman, he is a friend of friends. Had a beer with him after the game. He's lived in Somerset quite a few years, probably doesnt know any Leeds fans going to the game. So for the next one he is expected to go in the away end on his own rather than sit with his friends in the Dolman?

If Bristol City FC really think that then they are or at least the individuals concerned are warped.

The guy is a solicitor BTW.

Im getting the same message eighteen97. I have booked tickets online for many years so dont understand why this message is coming up.

Can anyone tell me why im getting this message? My flights, hotel are booked but i have no tickets so not a happy chap :grr:

I'd email Jayne Maggs at the ticket office because they may have disabled online booking for this game because of all the reasons in this thread.

I'd email Jayne Maggs at the ticket office because they may have disabled online booking for this game because of all the reasons in this thread.

Phoned this morning dolls. Told me i can't get any because of what happened last season. Lucky my mates are season ticket holders. They getting me sorted out :)

It is sad when friends supporting opposing teams can't sit together and watch a game on occasions. But where do you draw the line? You might have a bit of good natured banter, but one mans banter is another mans aggro. It's often a case of chinese whispers which gets whole sections nervy and innocent people affected.

Personally as a Bristol City fan I'd want to be with my own fans. I'd never be able to keep quiet and sit with the opposition no matter if amongst friends or not, I'd rather meet up after the game.

Crazy really, I was at the game last season - was nothing more than a few handbags really. Last time i looked on the map Belfast was in Northern Ireland, which is certainly not anywhere near West Yorkshire.....

Apart from the guy that got his face smashed in by swarms of neanderthals in the Dolman and pushed down a flight of concrete steps you mean?

Crazy really, I was at the game last season - was nothing more than a few handbags really. Last time i looked on the map Belfast was in Northern Ireland, which is certainly not anywhere near West Yorkshire.....

It was a little more than handbags in the Dolman, but the guy only had himself to blame. We had a couple of Leeds fans sat next to us, they kept quiet and watched the game and it was really no problem.

Last year the hostilities were started by things like this, and Leeds boasting about being in home ends. When they scored the usual suspects were stood peering around their own fans looking suspiciously at anyone who dared smile. I've got no problem with them coming if they don't start offering others out like the chap did last year... I've brought Palace and Plymouth fans into AG with me before and it's always a good laugh to get involved in some banter with them.

It's a real shame people like Taunton, who goes to most if not all away games is not being allowed to buy tickets... but can the club really apply common sense to a scenario involving c19000 people?

Tough call for the club really.

It was a little more than handbags in the Dolman, but the guy only had himself to blame. We had a couple of Leeds fans sat next to us, they kept quiet and watched the game and it was really no problem.

Last year the hostilities were started by things like this, and Leeds boasting about being in home ends. When they scored the usual suspects were stood peering around their own fans looking suspiciously at anyone who dared smile. I've got no problem with them coming if they don't start offering others out like the chap did last year... I've brought Palace and Plymouth fans into AG with me before and it's always a good laugh to get involved in some banter with them.

It's a real shame people like Taunton, who goes to most if not all away games is not being allowed to buy tickets... but can the club really apply common sense to a scenario involving c19000 people?

Tough call for the club really.

Im certainly not advocating buying tickets for away supporters in home stands....I was more concerned in the fact that our own supporters eg Belfast Robin cannot purchase tickets online. Obviously is a tough call for the club, but restricting online sales to only season ticket holders & members seems to alienate a lot of our own fans too. I would have though a more sensible approach would of been to restrict to people already on the club databse, ot maybe not post any to oop north.

Archived