IGNORED

Ribiero

Esmond Million's Bung

I guess. I just don't like that people have a pop at him; it's not like he wants to be injured and I fully believe he'd be a very committed player for us if free of injuries.

Life is tough and in the past we have wasted money on jobs for the boys, a last hurrah contract for 'legends' and keeping injury prone players and even giving them new contracts, we need to move away from that sort of sentimentality, harsh but true.

Please don't take this the wrong way but Ribs is a liabilty he can't stay fit time and time again he picks up injuries. He was easily a 1m player a few years ago now he would'nt be worth a tranfer fee. He has bags of abilty but if you spend more time on the treatment table than you do on the pitch you are next to worthless whether it's his fault or not his future in the game is'nt good.

I’m not taking it the wrong way on the contrary…Ribs has sadly been tarnished with a bad brush, of course he has had injuries well documented, but most of last season and almost all of this since pre- season he has been sound and available for selection, and not on the treatment table at all. Like I said if anyone cares to look at the statistics less time unavailable injured than many of the first team squad.

I dont think his future at Bristol City is good and you are no doubt right in this respect.

I’m not taking it the wrong way on the contrary…Ribs has sadly been tarnished with a bad brush, of course he has had injuries well documented, but most of last season and almost all of this since pre- season he has been sound and available for selection, and not on the treatment table at all. Like I said if anyone cares to look at the statistics less time unavailable injured than many of the first team squad.

I dont think his future at Bristol City is good and you are no doubt right in this respect.

I disagree about pre season I was at Plymouth he was taken off injured after 30 mins.

The statistics clearly show that he has been injured for vast spells of a very short career. Obviously you're some kind of superfan but that doesn't change fact.

And I'm not really sure where you're getting this 'vindictive' thing from. Don't you think that everybody on this forum would want a fully fit Ribeiro fit for selection?

Life is tough and in the past we have wasted money on jobs for the boys, a last hurrah contract for 'legends' and keeping injury prone players and even giving them new contracts, we need to move away from that sort of sentimentality, harsh but true.

Your absolutely right if we are going to progress as a Championship club and compete with the likes of Cardiff, et al we need to encourage players of worth to the club and with the funds to do it...Cut out the dead wood and hangers on and build afresh...thats what del is trying to do. Ribs is obviously been put in the shop window to get 20 or so games under his belt this seaon and will be gone come summer.

Ive not advocating that we keep Ribs or indeed play him, quite the contrary...but what gets my back up is the inane and acidic comments from posters like Riaz who know absolutely nothing of the situation and seem to hope that he gets injurred so they can revel in his misfortune...theres something very unhinged about such an attitude which I find very unnerving from a Fellow City Supporter.

I disagree about pre season I was at Plymouth he was taken off injured after 30 mins.

Yes your right he hadnt fully recovered from a groin strain but that was just one game..

The statistics clearly show that he has been of a very short career. Obviously you're some kind of superfan but that doesn't change fact.

And I'm not really sure where you're getting this 'vindictive' thing from. Don't you think that everybody on this forum would want a fully fit Ribeiro fit for selection?

Its quite obvious that they dont...isnt it.

yes I am a superfan... a BCFC superfan

Your absolutely right if we are going to progress as a Championship club and compete with the likes of Cardiff, et al we need to encourage players of worth to the club and with the funds to do it...Cut out the dead wood and hangers on and build afresh...thats what del is trying to do. Ribs is obviously been put in the shop window to get 20 or so games under his belt this seaon and will be gone come summer.

Ive not advocating that we keep Ribs or indeed play him, quite the contrary...but what gets my back up is the inane and acidic comments from posters like Riaz who know absolutely nothing of the situation and seem to hope that he gets injurred so they can revel in his misfortune...theres something very unhinged about such an attitude which I find very unnerving from a Fellow City Supporter.

i'm sure in actuality you know it's not meant it's a form of frustration, because we feel teased once more at last it appeared that a academy product was going to actually go on to bigger and better things, many of us follow talented youngsters and hope this is the one, it's frustrating, the same with Wilson, both of them great talents and both watched by bigger clubs as they progressed and they are both 22/23 years of age and we haven't had nearly anything like the games played from either that we should expect and also don't forget that fans are expected to support their players and feel sorry for them but as Maynard has proved it's one way.

Just got a text from Mr RibEiro and he says definitely his inability to avoid injury, teacher.

Watch it Mate. You'll have Mr Parsons, Mr Gilbert AND Miss Jewell after you.

As for Mr Ribeiro, it looks like he just doesn't have the right physique for football. He's top heavy and cops it in a contact sport because of this

Yes your right he hadnt fully recovered from a groin strain but that was just one game..

Its quite obvious that they dont...isnt it.

yes I am a superfan... a BCFC superfan

No, it's quite obvious that we are all resigned to losing a player who could have been great, but spends too much time on the sidelines to ever fulfill his potential.

Whether you like it or not, that is the way it is. It's a real shame.

He's a footballer it's the risk you take (unless your a Doncaster player) but he will still get paid in full, unlike the people who operate in the real world and get sick, ill or injured.

You could have been a footballer couldnt you...???? You sound a bit bitter with your lot.

I played at Semi - pro for 7 years and Pro for 4 and probably earned about £35k as a Pro in that time......unless you are very good and command a top salary the career is short and definately more REAL than you will ever know.... i would hazzard a guess that players like Ribeiro are on a very poor salary structure at City in the scheme of things.

You could have been a footballer couldnt you...???? You sound a bit bitter with your lot.

I played at Semi - pro for 7 years and Pro for 4 and probably earned about £35k as a Pro in that time......unless you are very good and command a top salary the career is short and definately more REAL than you will ever know.... i would hazzard a guess that players like Ribeiro are on a very poor salary structure at City in the scheme of things.

FFS HTF do you come to that conclusion? mystic Meg, I have in general a comfortable lifestyle, footballers in general are overpaid at virtually every level and have far too much time on their hands which is why so many of them get into trouble on a regular basis. We are expected to show them sympathy and support come what may, but do they honestly give a **** about the fans?. Apart from worrying whether or not they pick up their 10/15k per week do the overpaid pussies at Portsmouth care whether the club goes under?.

FFS HTF do you come to that conclusion? mystic Meg, I have in general a comfortable lifestyle, footballers in general are overpaid at virtually every level and have far too much time on their hands which is why so many of them get into trouble on a regular basis. We are expected to show them sympathy and support come what may, but do they honestly give a **** about the fans?. Apart from worrying whether or not they pick up their 10/15k per week do the overpaid pussies at Portsmouth care whether the club goes under?.

No need to swear...and get offensive..

No…sorry you misunderstand me My statement was purely hypothetical… what I meant was we can all be anything we want to be when we are younger the choice our career paths take is down to us…

Just so happens some are gifted at sport and follow a career in football, or rugby or Cricket..

It’s wrong to assume that professional footballers are all money grabbing over paid playboys many of them are not it’s just a few who are. A career for many players in the Championship, League 1 and 2 is short and spans until early 30,s say 12- 15 years in that time they obviously have to earn what we earn in 50 unless they have other careers which many don’t because they are unqualified and generally unitelligent.

You cannot possibly say Footballers have too much time on their hands , one or two seem to have granted, but believe me proper professionals are expected to train 7 days a week, represent the club off the field and support the local schools network and society in general to raise the profile of the club.

So what if they are paid a week what we earn in a month and more… like another poster said…it’s their choice... as it is ours if we decide to go and watch them each week. But don’t believe that every established or aspiring young footballer is a lazy money grabbing Charlatan.

I cannot quite see how the current crop of Portsmouth players are responsible for the current predicament borne of 10 years of appalling financial management. So why should they worry ?

No need to swear...and get offensive..

No…sorry you misunderstand me My statement was purely hypothetical… what I meant was we can all be anything we want to be when we are younger the choice our career paths take is down to us…

Just so happens some are gifted at sport and follow a career in football, or rugby or Cricket..

It’s wrong to assume that professional footballers are all money grabbing over paid playboys many of them are not it’s just a few who are. A career for many players in the Championship, League 1 and 2 is short and spans until early 30,s say 12- 15 years in that time they obviously have to earn what we earn in 50 unless they have other careers which many don’t because they are unqualified and generally unitelligent.

You cannot possibly say Footballers have too much time on their hands , one or two seem to have granted, but believe me proper professionals are expected to train 7 days a week, represent the club off the field and support the local schools network and society in general to raise the profile of the club.

So what if they are paid a week what we earn in a month and more… like another poster said…it’s their choice... as it is ours if we decide to go and watch them each week. But don’t believe that every established or aspiring young footballer is a lazy money grabbing Charlatan.

I cannot quite see how the current crop of Portsmouth players are responsible for the current predicament borne of 10 years of appalling financial management. So why should they worry ?

and as has been already pointed out by others he is on a wage still higher than at least 90/95% of people on this forum possibly even higher.

You're right why should they worry?. After all i'm sure another financially struggling club will take them on.

Watch it Mate. You'll have Mr Parsons, Mr Gilbert AND Miss Jewell after you.

As for Mr Ribeiro, it looks like he just doesn't have the right physique for football. He's top heavy and cops it in a contact sport because of this

Yep, you need to be bottom-heavy to make it in this game so that every time you get a knock you can bounce straight back up like one of those Russian dolls.

Atleast concussion isnt connected to previous injurys and he wont be out long if at all.

Just gotta put it down to bad luck as this aint 'his bodys' fault. Unless he somehow managed to knock himself out.

This would tend to back up Big Dave's assertion that he hasn't had a reoccurence of an existing injury. Any player could get concussed in a game.

Why do people write this ***t...you couldnt make it up !......or could you ???

You sure your mate goes to the Scunny matches or is he just another AC poster like 90 % of those on this forum who just like to post Bullshit

In Response to your elequant post no my mate dosent go to Scunny, but as i said in my op my Boss does, no he's not a supporter as you rightly say , cause he's been going to 44 matches a season and sponsering the club, refuses to use the boxes because he likes the atmosphere of the stands, so your right he is no where near commited enough to be a supporter.

What i actually said was the guy texted me from the game, to tell me about ribs because i'd said he suffers from injuries and in the short time he's been there hes been injured for two off the three or four games.

However this morning he did say it was a clash of heads and ribs lip was split, he said it looked like they both went up for the ball and ribs came out worse.

So Big Dave i apologise for posting info on here from a friend at the game telling me about one of our players.

sorry i didnt ask him to check his details and eyes with you, and mostly sorry i bothered to post.

cant be arsed to abuse you, but as i said in original post was gonna post earlier but thought better, now i wonder why that was...

In Response to your elequant post no my mate dosent go to Scunny, but as i said in my op my Boss does, no he's not a supporter as you rightly say , cause he's been going to 44 matches a season and sponsering the club, refuses to use the boxes because he likes the atmosphere of the stands, so your right he is no where near commited enough to be a supporter.

What i actually said was the guy texted me from the game, to tell me about ribs because i'd said he suffers from injuries and in the short time he's been there hes been injured for two off the three or four games.

However this morning he did say it was a clash of heads and ribs lip was split, he said it looked like they both went up for the ball and ribs came out worse.

So Big Dave i apologise for posting info on here from a friend at the game telling me about one of our players.

sorry i didnt ask him to check his details and eyes with you, and mostly sorry i bothered to post.

cant be arsed to abuse you, but as i said in original post was gonna post earlier but thought better, now i wonder why that was...

Don't worry about BFD, mate, he claims not to have any ties to Ribeiro but dare say anything negative about him and he'll be on you in a flash... Hence the post earlier the thread "5.... 4..... 3....."

Hilariously BFD recently said he'd never post on the subject of Ribeiro again.. But then it became apparent he has nothing else to talk about...

Now watch BFD get really stressy or try be funny and fail. It's one of the two with Chubby Dave.

i dont mind either way, but I believe i read before that Daves daughter is in a relationship with ribeiro, and he is a thoroughly decent young lad?. he has had terrible luck with injuries, and clearly has ability, so it is a great shame that he has these injury problems. The time has come though that we move him on, and a number of other players, who i have a much lower regard for.

Archived