IGNORED

Jody Morris - Twitter

Ricardo 'Livi' Red

As for the standard, I've been been watching "championship" football for the last few years and it's generally no better than what we saw in league one. This league has numerous big clubs and the football is occasionally good when playing them but mostly crap when playing others. I refuse to believe that the SPL can be worse than the English second division. It's hyped up.

Short memory if you forget the countless times teams came to the Gate and set up 10 behind the ball from the first whistle.

Oh Jody Morris,

You are the love of my life,

Oh Jody Morris,

I'd let you shag my wife,

Oh Jody Morris,

I want a baldy head too......

The legs have gone a wee bit but he's a still a very good footballer who reads the game brilliantly. When he gets into his groove in games, he dictates the whole match.

Saints are as live vs Motherwell on BBC Alba tonight (Sky 168) at 5:30pm, so you can see him for yourselves.

Uhhhhmmm no, it's a 3pm kick off, so it won't be live.

Alba has Rangers V Hibs radio commentary on now, nothing more.

Any scouts watching yesterday will be writing glowing reports. His goal was world class - drag back to rob the 'well midfielder, cheeky pass whilst looking the other way down the right before collecting the cross on the half volley into the top corner. Three pieces of outstanding skill in one move.

St Johnstone manager Steve Lomas insists there has been no bid from Bristol City for club captain Jody Morris and he is hoping to persuade the midfielder to stay beyond this season.

by @skysportsbucko 9:04 AM

Interesting... If Lomas is having to bat back rumours it suggest this has more to it than meets the eye.

Would be pleased if Morris was brought on board.

At about 2:30 he wins the ball, surges forward and scores a cracker; the sort of dynamism missing from our midfield right now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/16782802.stm

Why would you not want the footballer that is Jody Morris?

He would give us the' tick-tock' in midfield, and would I reckon be a great signing.

Maybe because he's 33!

He's doing well in a league which has 2 decent(ish) teams.

I question his ability to run things in a league which is quicker, more skillful etc. In his pomp he was a fine player, there's also no doubt that he can still cut it in the SPL, but the championship? I'm not convinced.

I'd really like to see us buy a developing talent, a player that will progressively get better. If Morris does come and set the championship on fire, we'd be having to replace him sooner, rather than later!

IMHO he's too old.

Of course I'd happily be proved wrong, and if he came in I'd love to see him be the driving force we've needed...................for what seems like an eternity!

This is going on twitter again, possible bid for Morris, interest in Sandoza

Legs, or twitter bs?

Um... both?

With each player I'd imagine Del and Doc wouldn't need to sell themselves to the players as they've worked together before, but as for fees and wages etc; I don't know.

Both are our of contract this summer, one is 33 and one 27. Personally I'd take both; we need more in each area (i.e. goalscorers and midfield 'bite') but may just be lazy paper talk.

Archived