IGNORED

Reading Vs City - Match Day Thread

Ryan_BCFC

FFS City are frustrating. We manage to pull 6 points clear of the drop and then we go and take two steps back !

Why is it 2 steps back?

Did you honestly expect us to go to Reading and win?

They will go 4th in the league. They are no mugs.

Good for you!! You must be left with a feeling of disappointment......A lot.

Yeah, I do get disappointed a lot with City, but there's still no reason why we shouldn't expect to beat any side in this division - we've proven we can, but unfortunately, we've proven we're also inconsistent - that's why it's always two steps back with us !!

Meh. Would have been good to get a point but Reading are a good side and plenty of teams will go there and lose this season, even with 11 on the field.

Let's see what happens Tuesday - hopefully we'll still have a bit of a cushion from the relegation spots. Leeds are a good side but by no means invulnerable so let's hope we get a good win next week. At least by then the transfer window'll be closed and the nonsense'll be over 'til the Summer.

Yeah, I do get disappointed a lot with City, but there's still no reason why we shouldn't expect to beat any side in this division - we've proven we can, but unfortunately, we've proven we're also inconsistent - that's why it's always two steps back with us !!

I would say we are capable of beating any side in this division, on our day - but I don't think I ever expect us to win.

I would say at the moment it's more a case of 2 steps forward, 1 step back - and that is not a bad thing, hence our rise up the table.

Sending off ruined the match, seemed pretty even before that from the radio commentary. Shame really as a point would have been a good result.

Special mention again for David James, consistently proving those bile-ridden few wrong. :thumbsup:

Totally agree. Weakest link in the entire team I was told. Not for me!!

Carey back to being his usual liability against anyone showing a little pace... still at least the plodder will be banned for 3 matches so James Wilson should get to play...

Too old, too slow and too easily brushed off. Prefer to remember him at his peak. We still need a dominant centre half and have done for a long time. Johnson and Millen did nothing about it (though to be fair to Keith we did have Caulker on loan), Coppell thought Stewart was it. I trust Del can see more clearly what is needed.

BTW can any old timers like me remember any City player who gave pens away as often as Carey has done over tthe years?

Archived