IGNORED

Reading Vs City - Match Day Thread

Ryan_BCFC

Meh. Would have been good to get a point but Reading are a good side and plenty of teams will go there and lose this season, even with 11 on the field.

Let's see what happens Tuesday - hopefully we'll still have a bit of a cushion from the relegation spots. Leeds are a good side but by no means invulnerable so let's hope we get a good win next week. At least by then the transfer window'll be closed and the nonsense'll be over 'til the Summer.

The good news for us is Ipswich host W. Ham, Forest are at home to Burnley and Donny have to go to Hull.

All three are tough games (Millwall v Watford I can see the Lions winning) so draws/losses might just erase the negatives from today.

Plus, Leeds have a poor record away recently and required a stupid mistake from the Ipswich keep and suicide defending to win last week, and they go to St. Andrews midweek, so let's hope the team suck it up and put their backs into preparing for the home game.

Too old, too slow and too easily brushed off. Prefer to remember him at his peak. We still need a dominant centre half and have done for a long time. Johnson and Millen did nothing about it (though to be fair to Keith we did have Caulker on loan), Coppell thought Stewart was it. I trust Del can see more clearly what is needed.

BTW can any old timers like me remember any City player who gave pens away as often as Carey has done over tthe years?

Matt Hill

Too old, too slow and too easily brushed off. Prefer to remember him at his peak. We still need a dominant centre half and have done for a long time. Johnson and Millen did nothing about it (though to be fair to Keith we did have Caulker on loan), Coppell thought Stewart was it. I trust Del can see more clearly what is needed.

BTW can any old timers like me remember any City player who gave pens away as often as Carey has done over tthe years?

Didn't Tony Butler give away a far few? :s

...additional note about Leeds recently; they have won 2 and drawn 1 in their last 3, but in all those games the opposition had a man sent off, with them scoring only after this.

Prior to that they drew 2 and lost 2 (including a 4-1 reverse at Burnley) when their opponents had all 11 on the pitch. And they've not kept a clean sheet since early Dec.

Lesson; don't go down to 10 men against them!

Was it a straight red? I so l have just seen the incident on Final Score and it was a very dubious pen, let alone a booking, never a redcard incident.

Wait till you see how lucky Roberts was with the pen, unbelievable.

Fair play to James for the second pen save, strong arms and all that, but he did move about a week before the ball was kicked.

We've come some way from losing 5-0 at Blackpool to narrowly losing with 10 men at Reading. Disapointing and especially harsh red card having seen the replay.

Hopefully Fonts should be fit for Leeds.

4000 away fans for Brighton and Reading and not one goal to celebrate!

Exactly the reason I stopped going away.

Inconsistent city are not out of the shit just yet.

No sodding goals at Coventry (what a waste of a Boxing Day!), Brighton or Reading.

I'm getting fed up with travelling and coming home miserable.

FFS give me something to cheer and feel happy about when I'm driving home.

I'm sure all straight reds are a 3 game ban.

According to the official site it's only a one game ban

As i said previously i thought it's only time it's a 3 game ban is when the straight red is for violent conduct

Being shown a straight red for a professional foul is a one game ban, providing it's the players first red of the season, other wise each subsequent red brings a further game ban.

The same applies to the violent conduct rule above.

At least it will be only a one game ban for Carey, who i feel has been immense in recent weeks winning the majoprity of first and second balls, showing a fight that at times has been lacking without him.

I still feel could do with a ball winning Centre back to cover any injuries or suspesnsions between now and the end of the season though.

Sounds like we were very hard done by, and possible may appeal the red.

Archived