IGNORED

Transfer Deadline News (Inc Ssn Link)

II Wurzel II

• Admin

My prediction is that Crawley will be big news for a while then the spending will catch up on them and the slide/inevitable financial problems will kick in

I predict.

I think they're making quite a lot of money from FA Cup runs. Playing at Old Trafford last season gets them 45% of the gate receipts (after stadium operating expenses are deducted) & was that game live on TV? (£250k if it was, c.£100k if featured game on highlights IIRC). Wouldn't surprise me if the Cup run was worth significantly over £1m to them.

This year they're doing even better with passage through to the 5th round & could well be on TV again against Stoke.

I especially liked Tubbs comment about how it was easier to score against championship teams for him!! Cocky sod!

I'm fast taking a dislike to Crawley...

Well he has scored in every game he's played Championship opposition this season ;)

Maybe if we're not gonna play him they could hand us some of that cash in return for loaning Brett until the season's end to guarantee their promotion to League 1...he's much better than Tubbs against League 2 teams :D

Seeing as we're unlikely to find buyers for Johnson, Clarkson, JCR etc I find it unlikely that they'll go anywhere today. It's more likely that teams who didn't meet their requirements in the Transfer Window will pick up these guys on loans in a week's time when the loan window opens. Hopefully I'm wrong and the deadwood will be moved on sooner rather than later.

Was there ever any proof of the Nicky Hunt's contract being paid up rumour?

As for incoming I do think it's possible that the club has kept it's cards close to it's chest and there could be one signing (maybe Morris?) but again I'll think we'll be doing our shopping in a weeks time in the loan window.

I couldn't agree more. Might have some legs as "The Moose" from TalkSport who is a West Ham fanatic said pretty much the same. I'd take anything for him now.

Yep I'd take anything! Now on the Sky sports news on the TV saying he will be holding talks with them over a permanant deal.

Archived