IGNORED

David Templeton

hinsleburg

whats he like? always get him confused with the chap who has just signed for Ipswich...

He is both younger and better than the guy who just singed for Ipswich.

Plus he's no in dispute with Hearts like the other guy so would likely cost a pretty penny.

If the rumour is that it is between us and Cardiff I don't unfortunately see us getting a sniff.

Does anyone know how this works?

1530 on deadline day, City put a bid in, Hearts discuss it for an hour and at 1700 the agent is cleared to talk to City. Terms take say 2 hours to agree, that takes us to 1900 - how the hell does the player get time to come and look around to see if he likes the place, setup etc etc? That is without an actual medical taking place....do we get his medical records emailed over and the club docs take a look? I guess if he's had no serious injuries, or smaller ones that reoccur then maybe you take a chance and get the deal signed

Does it really happen like that? Surely there has to be more to it than that? Suppose he could've come down and had a look around before, in the hope we had the NM money in the bank to do the deal. God knows, but it's always intrigued me how the late deals are done

1530 on deadline day, City put a bid in, Hearts discuss it for an hour and at 1700 the agent is cleared to talk to City. Terms take say 2 hours to agree, that takes us to 1900 - how the hell does the player get time to come and look around to see if he likes the place, setup etc etc? That is without an actual medical taking place....do we get his medical records emailed over and the club docs take a look? I guess if he's had no serious injuries, or smaller ones that reoccur then maybe you take a chance and get the deal signed

Does it really happen like that? Surely there has to be more to it than that? Suppose he could've come down and had a look around before, in the hope we had the NM money in the bank to do the deal. God knows, but it's always intrigued me how the late deals are done

Me too, especially those from a long distance away. Flight to Bristol from Edinburgh and Glasgow aren't infrequent, but they aren't constant either, so if we did go in for Templeton/Sandaza/Morris we'd not have long to agree fees, sort out contracts, do a medical and all that jazz.

I guess yu could do a medical remotely (i.e. local doctor or whatever, fax the detail to club) and a lot of stuff over the phone, but at some point they'd have to meet up...

Agreed, its quite a big decision as well potentially moving your family down from Scotland on basically an hours thought. Just been on twiiter though and appears he's being linked with Rangers and Cardiff as well.

I guess yu could do a medical remotely (i.e. local doctor or whatever, fax the detail to club) and a lot of stuff over the phone, but at some point they'd have to meet up...

Yep medical can be done by a trusted independent Sports Physio. Technology can be used to negiotiate and they don't really need to see each other face to face.

MM

I guess they could have done a lot of this already? Just because we don't know about it doesn't mean it hasn't happened! They might do a lot of the leg work in previous days then someone lets it out (either club or agent) to get some more interest going? Who knows for sure!

Just had a quick flick around twitterland, someone with a Rangers connection stating that Templeton is 'only interested in a move to Bristol City, will only consider RFC if that falls through'

Surprising....

Also talk of a bid for Morris and interest in Sandaza (again)

Just had a quick flick around twitterland, someone with a Rangers connection stating that Templeton is 'only interested in a move to Bristol City, will only consider RFC if that falls through'

Surprising....

Also talk of a bid for Morris and interest in Sandaza (again)

That would be some trio of signings if we pulled that off; decent squad player/leader in Morris, on-fire striker in Sandaza and a very highly rated attacking midfielder in Templeton.

Would have to equal our best transfer day EVER.

I've heard we've put a bid in for Templeton from hearts, if true can we get it completed in time?

Rangers have a bid in to.And my nephew said he is a big Rangers fan.He knows him and has played against him.They were at the school with each other.So dont expect much,un less you really want to pay him a mega bumper pay packet.If not I am pretty sure,that he will join his boy hood heroes.The Jela fella is off to Everton.So we can buy players now again.Sandaza might be on the cards to.And Boyd if he has not signed for Portland Timbers,and John Spencer yet.

That would be some trio of signings if we pulled that off; decent squad player/leader in Morris, on-fire striker in Sandaza and a very highly rated attacking midfielder in Templeton.

Agree Samo

I'm preparing for the b*llocking I'm gonna get from the missus tonight as I sit there reading any old shite until 11pm

She's not going to be happy!

I will eat my shoe if we sign those 3 tonight...gladly. Would be amazing but just can't see it.

Clearly it doesn't mean he won't sign for the Gers, but I'm not convinced it's a done deal for Rangers.

Templeton could very well get a move to Celtic in future, and moving to England first is far from a bad option for a 22 year old.

I didn't say it did more that its not like he's signing for "his club" and therefore means we're just as likely as them.

Archived