IGNORED

Why Don't We Avoid A Similar Situation Occurring And....

BCFC Jordan

Brett now has the opportunity to show he is good enough to command a new contract. I personally think now he will definitely get games we will see the natural finisher I believe he is and go on to get 6-8 goals in the last half the season.

Pitman has had plenty of minutes. Let's say we start him consistently for 5 games or so, he might turn into this 20 goal a season striker that some people think is. But I'm afraid that i agree with Cynic, nothing has told me that is anywhere near as good as what Maynard was.

I've seen nothing which indicates to me that Pitman is anything other than an average player at this level. Why offer him an extension to his contract ?

There's better out there.

Nothing to suggest he'll be more than a average player?

He got more goals in his first season than maynard got in his first - with much less playing time....

So that indicates to me he has more potential

I hope your right and I'm proven wrong! Well see what happens between now and May!

I'm not saying he will be Amazing. My point is, Maynard was once an unproven striker, like pitman is now - but we gave him First team football and time to develop and improve....

I hope pitman gets that now - if he has any tough periods, I hope we stick by him like we did maynard (first season)

My personal opinion is that Brett is one of the most natural finishers we've had at the club for some time, the problem is, is that is just my opinion, Brett has got to show this now on the pitch and do what he is paid to do and score goals. If Brett isn't scoring goals, for whatever reason, the he won't (a rightfully so) be offered and extented contract. Let's not fall into the trap of having more players than we actually need on the wage bill.

Give him a run in the side and if he is playing well and scoring goals then offer him a new deal. I am yet do be convinced but I believe he has potential. I would be much more worried about giving Cisse a new deal...

+1

Nothing but good will towards Brett and praying he both gets and grasps opportunities the rest of the season, but we need to avoid the 'sign em up' mentality. 5 or 6 goals, some decent performances and I've not doubt we'll look to keep him, but there is no rush.

As for Cisse; he's been key to steadying the ship and has shown more than enough to get another year after this. Only sticking point might be if Coppell got him a mega bucks deal which we do not wish to renew or improve, meaning he could get better elsewhere. But frankly after the way he was ignored by Millen, despite his obvious talent, I can't say I blame him too much.

Oh look, the NMFC crew all appear to have a dislike of his successor.

There love of Nicky too much? are they bitter that beloved nicky has gone?

Sad bastards.

At the very least pitman has'nt claimed to love the club when he wants and he wants to be here. Much more than can be said for your dearly beloved.

I'm not saying he will be Amazing. My point is, Maynard was once an unproven striker, like pitman is now - but we gave him First team football and time to develop and improve....

I hope pitman gets that now - if he has any tough periods, I hope we stick by him like we did maynard (first season)

Unfortunately Riaz some people cannot grasp the concept of "needing game time".

One game here, half hour there...isn't enough.

Maynard goes loads of games without scoring, he doesn't have the service! Pitman goes a few games without scoring....he ain't good enough.

The only way a player will find form is to play games and gel with players round him. Pitman needs the same support AND patience Maynard had in his first 12 months!

Unfortunately Riaz some people cannot grasp the concept of "needing game time".

One game here, half hour there...isn't enough.

Maynard goes loads of games without scoring, he doesn't have the service! Pitman goes a few games without scoring....he ain't good enough.

The only way a player will find form is to play games and gel with players round him. Pitman needs the same support AND patience Maynard had in his first 12 months!

Could'nt agree more.

Oh look, the NMFC crew all appear to have a dislike of his successor.

There love of Nicky too much? are they bitter that beloved nicky has gone?

Sad bastards.

At the very least pitman has'nt claimed to love the club when he wants and he wants to be here. Much more than can be said for your dearly beloved.

So, people hold a different opinion to yourself on a forum, and that makes them sad bastards? What an interesting and astute observation.

So, people hold a different opinion to yourself on a forum, and that makes them sad bastards? What an interesting and astute observation.

Its why they hold that opinion that makes em sad bastards.

They should start a nicky maynard forever fan club.

Archived