IGNORED

The Clear Out Has Begun

Evy11_BCFC

So three more players moved on permanently, in addition to those who have moved out on loan earlier in the window, the squad is starting to reduce in size. With this months dealings we are left with;

Goalkeepers;

David James, Dean Gerken (2)

Full backs;

Jordan Spence, Jamie McAllister, Christian Ribiero, Joe Edwards, Richard Foster, Ryan McGivern (6)

Central defenders;

Liam Fontaine, Lewin Nyatanga, Louis Carey, James Wilson, Damion Stewart (5)

Wingers;

Martyn Woolford, Yannick Bolasie, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Albert Adomah, Stephen Pearson (5)

Central midfielders;

Marvin Elliott, Neil Kilkenny, Cole Skuse, Kalifa Cisse (4)

Strikers;

Jon Stead, Ryan Taylor, David Clarkson, Marlon Jackson, Brett Pitman, Chris Wood (6)

Total = 28

Out of contract this summer/loan expires = 13

In contract past this summer but seemingly out of favour = 4

In contract past this summer and currently involved in the first team squad = 11

With so many players facing uncertain futures, it definately looks like this summer is going to be a busy one.

I think that largely those still in contract are our best players.

I'd retain Cissé and offer James another year as player/coach. Maybe Edwards, and Ribeiro is a tough one as he's made of polystyrene but has ability.

This summer should be interesting and I'm hopefull we could do a *spits* Cardiff and rebuild but keep on an upward trajectory.

James, Ribs, Carey, Cisse and Pearson should all be retained and the rest allowed to move on. Of the Loan players i'd only be interested in Wood, but really a fully fit Stead should be doing better?

We also need to find suitors for Woolford and Stewart - Ryan Taylor, I'm not sure?

Del said in an interview recently that he's not really had the opportunity to work with Ryan Taylor, due to him being injured very soon after he arrived.

Del also said he was really pleased to have Taylor back on the brink of training and looked forward to assessing him, having been impressed with his attitude.

I'd suggest his is not out of favour but 'unknown' until we know what the management thinks.

Del said in an interview recently that he's not really had the opportunity to work with Ryan Taylor, due to him being injured very soon after he arrived.

Del also said he was really pleased to have Taylor back on the brink of training and looked forward to assessing him, having been impressed with his attitude.

I'd suggest his is not out of favour but 'unknown' until we know what the management thinks.

Beat me to it. Didn't he sustain an ankle injury playing a reserve fixture down at Mangotsfield?

As for the others, Cisse has to be top of that list for me. If we can find a suitable 'keeper i'd be pleased if we saved some of Jamo's wages. I see no need to retain Carey, wonderful servant to the club but its time for someone new. Pearson seems decent, and with Bolasie on form we might see him playing more centrally. He gives us options. As much as i'd like to see Clarkson given some games its pretty clear he needs to move on for his own sake. Edwards seemed decent every time i've seen him (which isn't many), and there's only one way for him to gain experience. Maybe a short term or pay-as-you-play deal for Ribeiro, he'd probably never go for that though.

Also thought i is worth noting that 5 of the 28 above (Jamie McAllister, Christian Ribiero, Joe Edwards, Damion Stewart and Marlon Jackson) are out on loan just now. So we've got a squad of 23 to pick from just now.

Means we have 2 keepers, 3 full backs, 4 centre backs, 5 wingers, 4 central mids and 5 forwards.

Meant to say Evy11_BCFC; cracking list, really interesting.

I wouldn't keep Pearson on past his current contract. Simply because while he can do a job, he ain't someone who will push us towards the top of the league.....which is where we wants to be.

Talking about wingers that are Scottish.See Jamie Murphy knocked back Blackpool last night?After they agreed a fee for him?Was happy with that,to see that finally we get to keep a decent young player in our league.And he does not leave at the drop off the hat,for the championship like so many others have done before.He is no doubt holding out for a EPL club,to take a chance on him.I say fair play to the lad.Another six months in the SPL.And he will become a better player.Andy Driver never moved to.along with Templeton.Was expecting some movement with that one.

Talking about wingers that are Scottish.See Jamie Murphy knocked back Blackpool last night?After they agreed a fee for him?Was happy with that,to see that finally we get to keep a decent young player in our league.And he does not leave at the drop off the hat,for the championship like so many others have done before.He is no doubt holding out for a EPL club,to take a chance on him.I say fair play to the lad.Another six months in the SPL.And he will become a better player.Andy Driver never moved to.along with Templeton.Was expecting some movement with that one.

I hope we get them both on loan what has been said up your way about them.

didn't he go to huddersfield with the falkirk lad?

I thought JCR had another year to run on his contract? I think the summer will be a very busy one! It certainly looks as if though Del wont continue to persist with all the average or poor players that previous managers did. Wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of Ryan Taylor though.

Apart from Cisse and Jamo on the expiring list, there isn't anyone that I would really jump at the chance to keep.

You're right, only in that section as he's yet to be seen by McInnes.

You have missed out a few players mate! Bobby Reid, Joe Bryan, Aaron Holloway etc.?

I only added players who have made their first team debuts, should have put Reid in.

I wouldn't keep Pearson on past his current contract. Simply because while he can do a job, he ain't someone who will push us towards the top of the league.....which is where we wants to be.

We do need to be careful, for although we're saying a lot of our players are average Championship players, there's always the risk that the players we bring in are actually worse than what we had.

The table below shows how I had it! some things could be wrong so please feel free to update. Im unsure about Lewin Nyatanga's contract status, I havent heard anywhere he has signed an extension so assume he also will be out of contract at the end of the season.

BRISTOL CITY 2011 / 2012 # Position Name Expiry Current Status 1st Team 1 GK David James 2012 Out of Contract 2 GK Dean Gerkin 2013 4 LB Gary McAllister 2012 Out of Contract 5 LB Ryan McGivern 2012 Out of Contract On Loan 6 CB Louis Carey 2012 Out of Contract 7 CB Liam Fontaine 2015 8 CB Damion Stewart 2013 Loaned 9 CB James Wilson 2014 10 CB Lewin Nyatanga 2012 Out of Contract 11 RB Ricky Foster 2015 12 RB Christian Ribeiro 2012 Out of Contract Loaned 13 RB Jordan Spence 2012 Out of Contract On Loan 14 LM Jamal Campbell-Ryce 2012 Out of Contract 15 LM Martyn Woolford 2013 16 LM Stephen Pearson 2012 Out of Contract On Loan 17 CM Cole Skuse 2013 18 CM Khalifa Cisse 2012 Out of Contract 19 CM Marvin Elliott 2014 20 CM Neil Kilkenny 2014 21 RM Albert Adomah 2014 22 RM Yannick Bolasie 2013 23 ST Brett Pitman 2013 24 ST John Stead 2013 25 ST David Clarkson 2012 Out of Contract 26 ST Ryan Taylor 2014 27 ST Chris Wood 2012 Out of Contract On Loan Youth 1 GK Lewis Carey 2013 Loaned 2 LB Danny Ball 2012 Out of Contract 3 CB Aaron Amadi-Holloway 2013 4 CB Henry Muggeridge 2013 5 RB Joe Edwards 2012 Out of Contract Loaned 6 CM Bobby Reid 2013 Loaned 7 ST Marlon Jackson 2012 Out of Contract Loaned

apologies, seemed to let me copy the table from excel, then when posted its jumbles it up!

Archived