IGNORED

New Bbc Sport Website .....

WarksRed

Watch the video on the site with Dan Walker pretty much explains how everything works with the new layout. then you can quit with your moaning

OK ..... i'm still moaning, ....... heres my page link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/ .... can't see a Dan Walker link either ( maybe I need my eyes testing as well )....... and at the bottom if you click the help & FAQ link you get ......... 404 page not found.

anyway, has anyone found the Predictor yet ???????

OK ..... i'm still moaning, ....... heres my page link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/ .... can't see a Dan Walker link either ( maybe I need my eyes testing as well )....... and at the bottom if you click the help & FAQ link you get ......... 404 page not found.

anyway, has anyone found the Predictor yet ???????

Top right, one down (for the site explainer).

My initial thoughts are the home page is a bit over fussy (and I don't like the twitter box - why do you want to read tweets about sports you don't follow?) but I actually prefer the new 'club' pages. Cleaner, better laid-out and with more content.

One casualty does appear to have been the football predictor though. Maybe it will emerge near the end of the season.

It's a completely spastic bit of web design done by a team with no understanding of how to make it easy to find what you're looking for who have moved stuff around for the sake of it. This sort of hectic layout was popular for a few months about five years ago, all the grown ups moved beyond it very quickly for good reasons. Pity taxpayers' money gets wasted like that.

As Nibor says... this is or rather was the sort of design you used to see for a flash in the pan moment a few years back and in fact still forms the basis for launching an information web site with e-commerce because the massive variety of info on the front page helps with search engines.. not that BBC ever had a problem with that.

Unless the BBC is going to start selling stuff ala' e-commerce this indeed is a hectic, haphazard and rather stupid way of asking a licence payer to 'find' information in a logical way... logic not being a strong point with this site. it may look a little better but it is far from practical. Still... no doubt it will be tweaked and we will get used to it or rather have too.

Unless the BBC is going to start selling stuff ala' e-commerce this indeed is a hectic, haphazard and rather stupid way of asking a licence payer to 'find' information in a logical way... logic not being a strong point with this site. it may look a little better but it is far from practical. Still... no doubt it will be tweaked and we will get used to it or rather have too.

The Beeb will never be allowed to do that, H. That said, if you're viewing from "Kew-ball" you'll be seeing the international version of the site, which has adverts. Christ alone knows how cluttered that front page looks!

well QED - why should you need a video tutorial to work-out how to use a web page!!!

Abso bloody lutely my friend, nail on head, why should you need a TUTORIAL to find yr way around a sports site?

Did the online complaint thing, looks an utter shambles, incoherent , cluttered... just NO.... :argh:

Not against change at all btw, just think its pants.

The Beeb will never be allowed to do that, H. That said, if you're viewing from "Kew-ball" you'll be seeing the international version of the site, which has adverts. Christ alone knows how cluttered that front page looks!

nargh,,, in the UK for a stretch, well until end of the month.

Archived